TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Tron Arcade Bummer

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Boingo_Buzzard
User

Tron Arcade Bummer

on Sunday, March, 26, 2006 11:55 AM

In my hometown there are basically no Tron machines anywhere to play. I was heading up north last week so I figured I would pop into Mills mall in Phoenix, because I knew they have a Retro area at the GameWorks. Sure enough Tron was there. So I bought the card ( $2!!) and then $5 worth of credits (Tron costs 33.3 cents to play ) and sat down to FINALLY after years and years play Tron properly.

Well guess what? The spinner was broken.

The people at GameWorks were VERY nice though and actually refunded me all my money including the card cost when I told them I was only there to play the Tron machine.

Bummer though. *sigh*

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Tron Arcade Bummer

on Sunday, March, 26, 2006 3:23 PM

Oh man, that sucks. I'd be really ticked off if I went to an arcade with Tron machines, and then found out they didn't work properly.

Finding Tron arcade machines is kind of like stumbling on to gold, an opportunity you just couldn't pass up. And then for the arcade owners to neglect the maintenance of the machine, so it's basically unplayable . . . grr.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 26, 2006 4:19 PM
Major bummer about your discovery followed by a quick disappointment, Boingo_Buzzard.

Isn't it weird how we all used to just go to pretty much any arcade and find the TRON machine, insert a quarter, and enjoy the game... and now, just finding a TRON machine is a long shot, and finding a fully function TRON machine is even more rare?

20 years ago, no one ever thought that these things would all just disappear some day. I remember thinking they'd always be around. I can still see in my mind, the way arcades used to look, and the local Chuck E. Cheese. I even still remember EXACTLY where the TRON machine sat there!

Traahn
User

on Sunday, March, 26, 2006 4:48 PM
Arrgh! I was just at that place in Phoenix last year! I even looked around for Tron, but didn't find it. They must've gotten it within the past year?? Sedona was unreal, by the way. Looked like I was in a Wile E. Coyote/Road Runnder cartoon!

It was beautiful, though. Here's Sedona (north of Phoenix):

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, March, 26, 2006 7:59 PM

Yeah. Actually Sedona was where I was heading Here's a picture from my trip:

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, March, 26, 2006 8:25 PM
You guys gotta come to LA and try Dave's Arcade!

The price is right, each game costs .00 cents, and all of the spinners work!

I'm not saying this to brag, I really want to not be the only one playing. I get lonely in my little TRON world.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, March, 26, 2006 8:29 PM

Next time I am in LA, Dave, I just might take you up on that offer!

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, March, 26, 2006 8:32 PM
Traahn Wrote:Arrgh! I was just at that place in Phoenix last year!

Upstairs they had a whole bunch of retro arcade games, not in their original cabinets unfortunately, but the original games nonetheless. They are hidden, upstairs off in a corner near the north entrance (from the parking lot). I'm surprised they have them at all, to be honest. Tron was nestled in a dark corner next to Robotron. It's been there for a while since the last time I played tron was there on the same machine, but this was years ago. It actually worked then. :/

TimothyC
User

on Wednesday, April, 05, 2006 2:36 PM
Boingo I know exactly how you feel. I went to DisneyQuest last month wearing my Tron shirt expecting to break 100,000 like always (yeah right!) only to find a Tron machine with a semi-broken joystick. I was still able to whiz through the cone, spiders, and tank boards but there was no way in the world I could even beat one cycle . Even though DQ has well over 100 vintage arcade games, I was still a bit bummed at first. Making matters worse was the fact that Disc of Tron was no longer beside it. After playing a few other games though, I thankfully stumbled across Disc of Tron AND another Tron game upstairs. Sadly, the joystick was also a little messed up on the Tron unit but Disc of Tron played with no problems. It was still a bit of a bummer to miss out on playing Tron, but I suppose I shouldbn't be complaining.

-Timothyon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collect toys? If so then check out the forums at www.toytraderz.com and view the largest online toy database anywhere on the net.

halofreak64
User

on Wednesday, April, 05, 2006 4:08 PM
i was just at disney quest about a month ago to and disapointedly found the broken tron machine played it and disk of tron thoughtwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Tirtuatha
User

on Sunday, April, 30, 2006 10:13 PM
Good news, DisneyQuest's has been fixed.

As a side note, Pick up Tron 2.0 for the game boy advance. It has absolutely nothing to do with , but it does have near perfect emulators of and Disks of Tron.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, April, 30, 2006 10:30 PM
Tirtuatha Wrote:but it does have near perfect emulators of and Disks of Tron.

However, the controls on the GBA do not allow for really great play. I agree the emulation is spot on, but the controls make Tron useless. Discs Of Tron works a little better with the GBA controls, but still not perfect.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Tirtuatha
User

on Sunday, April, 30, 2006 10:33 PM
True, but it's the only crack that I have. I have no idea what I'd be doing with the emulators on the net. I browsed the files here, but being an older fart, unless it says "Click here to download an emulator for TRON", I have no idea.

Brycea
User

on Thursday, June, 29, 2006 4:25 PM
Speaking of which...

Just joining in this one late;
Yeah, when I need my upright arcade TRON fix, my wife and I drive one and a half hours down to Santa Cruz (from S.F., CA) and go to the Boardwalk. Excellent huge arcade there with a lot of older games including a "classic corner" complete with an original Space Invaders. They have Tron and Discs of Tron... Since I can play Discs of Tron for over a half-hour on one token, I end up getting bored, eating deep-fried carnival foods and then trying my hand at games like Berzerk and Tempest (the first 50 cent game during the 1980's where I was living at the time).

Question; does anyone know the name of the specific early 1980's game that I describe below?

It was a two-player (two-player option; had two joy-sticks)sword dual game. It was black&white vector graphics; the screen was a reverse-glass reflection so that you could see the "artwork" underneath the glass; two "pits" that you wanted to avoid while dueling (you'd otherwise "fall" down them, which was represented by your "knight" becoming small very quickly and then disappearing into a blip). The action of the game was presented top-down; as if you're looking down at the top of the "knights" heads from above. What WAS the name of this arcade game? I've never seen it again since having played it endlessly one Saturday in the early 1980's. Love to know what it was called...

Thanks!
-Bryce in San Franciscoorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

-Bryce
Thunderbird Theatre Company

Brycea
User

on Thursday, June, 29, 2006 6:40 PM
Brycea Wrote:Speaking of which...

Question; does anyone know the name of the specific early 1980's game that I describe below?

Here I go; answering my own question!
I've a bad habit of doing that; asking the ether a question, then finding the answer myself; the arcade game I was searching for is called "Warrior" and was manufactured by Vectorbeam in 1979.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

-Bryce
Thunderbird Theatre Company

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Tron Arcade Bummer