TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 TRON coin-op FreePlay

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
matthew180
User

TRON coin-op FreePlay

on Thursday, July, 20, 2006 6:20 PM
When I restored my TRON (and sold on ebay... sorry), I installed this EPROM change:

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/hacks/tron/
It is a *very* nice change, I highly recommed it. I can burn EPROMs for anyone who needs it done, or you can just buy direct from the guy, his prices are very reasonable.

Matthew

How are you going to control the universe if you can't answer a few unsolvable problems?

Compucore
User

Re: TRON coin-op FreePlay

on Thursday, July, 20, 2006 9:19 PM
So this basicall replaces one of the eproms that are there with the free play mode enable like what you had mentioned with the switch being flipped on the main board. Interesting idea. But what I am wondering is this an updated version of the curent eproms that are in there. I don't own either machine myself. But it is a good idea though.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

matthew180
User

Re: TRON coin-op FreePlay

on Friday, July, 21, 2006 9:52 AM
It is a EPROM that replaces one of the original (D2). With this new EPROM in place, when you set the game to freeplay (via the DIP swith), the game will still run attract mode instead of sitting on a "chose 1 or 2 players" screen. There are also a few other nice changes, all detailed on Tim's site (see my link above.)

Matthew

How are you going to control the universe if you can't answer a few unsolvable problems?

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 TRON coin-op FreePlay