TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Where to get TRON and DISCS OF TRON?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Dakota Bob
User

on Sunday, August, 20, 2006 11:10 AM
I heard about this thing called MAME and that there are ROMs on the internet, and I hate trying to get ROMs to work on emulator programs, I'm just bad at that kind of stuff, so could you link me to the ROMs, the emulator, and any other stuff of interest, and maybe a tutorial on how to get it to work? all help is appreciated!

EDIT: I've found MAME and I think I know how to work it, but now I need working ROMs of Tron and Disks of Tron.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

Re: Where to get TRON and DISCS OF TRON?

on Sunday, August, 20, 2006 12:50 PM
Dakota Bob Wrote:
EDIT: I've found MAME and I think I know how to work it, but now I need working ROMs of Tron and Disks of Tron.

Well, owning the ROM image is illegal unless you own the original game. Do you?

Anyway, I don’t think anyone will post a link to ROM sites here on the Sector because they're not 100% legit. You may be on your own for this one.

If you'd like to legally own the Tron and Discs Of Tron game, I suggest buying the Tron 2.0 Killer App gameboy advance game. They emulate it on there. However the controls make it difficult to play.

My 2¢

EDT: Also, being 13 you and your parents may want to be aware that ROM sites can redirect you to other adult-oriented sites, or flash pop-ups with adult content. They also can phish for e-mail addresses and do all sorts of other things you may not want to have happen on your PC. Not that I know this from experience, but it's what I have heard.

Dakota Bob
User

on Sunday, August, 20, 2006 1:21 PM
Damn, looks like I'm gonna have to fork out some money for Killer App then :S

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, August, 20, 2006 1:33 PM
Dakota Bob Wroteamn, looks like I'm gonna have to fork out some money for Killer App then :S

Killer App on the GBA is a great game. If you're buying it just for Tron and Discs Of Tron, though, you may want to borrow or try it out before actually shelling out the cash for it. The controls on the GBA make Tron near impossible to play. Discs of Tron is a bit better (no pun intended), but still very hard with those controls.

stratman3001
User

on Friday, November, 17, 2006 9:33 AM
Once you buy Killer App you can legally download the ROMs for the games, since you own them anyway. I've added links to the download sites below.

- Links Removed by Admin -

Have fun!

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Friday, November, 17, 2006 11:45 AM
Links to the ROMs were removed. Because of the legalities that surround them, it's best not to post links in the forums for Tron-Sector could be held responsible.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Sunday, February, 11, 2007 2:06 PM
Yeah, don't visit ROM sites. Those places are scary as hell and I had to delete a lot of crap on my Windows 98 thanks to them.

Finding an actual working ROM isn't easy either. I downloaded Discs of TRON and TRON hundreds of times and every time I loaded them into MAME they didn't work. I had the same predicament with Sinistar, but fortunately I found a working ROM.

Man, I wish there was an easier way to legally obtain ROMs.

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

data_ghost
User

on Sunday, February, 11, 2007 5:24 PM
boingo_buzzard's right, killer app is a great game. believe me, i was hooked until i found all of the 100 chips! and the minigames + battle modes are awesome

My humble little internet slice. Visit, read, comment, and laugh (with, not at I hope...)

Cam_the_Man
User

on Friday, March, 30, 2007 3:18 PM

My User also has that game. He still can't find four chips.

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Compucore
User

on Friday, March, 30, 2007 9:24 PM
Sinister Would it not be easier if you actually owned the ROms themselves from the Arcade game. Just to copy them off the EEPROM chips back onto the computer whether your using a windows, Mac, or linux machines. I know there are kits that you can actually burn them onto the chips themselves. With the right software. ANd the proper size of burner for them. What about extracting them from the same chips?? in reverse order??

Mr. Sinistar Wrote:Yeah, don't visit ROM sites. Those places are scary as hell and I had to delete a lot of crap on my Windows 98 thanks to them.

Finding an actual working ROM isn't easy either. I downloaded Discs of TRON and TRON hundreds of times and every time I loaded them into MAME they didn't work. I had the same predicament with Sinistar, but fortunately I found a working ROM.

Man, I wish there was an easier way to legally obtain ROMs.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Friday, March, 30, 2007 9:44 PM
Compucore Wrote:Sinister Would it not be easier if you actually owned the ROms themselves from the Arcade game. Just to copy them off the EEPROM chips back onto the computer whether your using a windows, Mac, or linux machines. I know there are kits that you can actually burn them onto the chips themselves. With the right software. ANd the proper size of burner for them. What about extracting them from the same chips?? in reverse order??

Trying to convince my parents to buy a $25+ Circuit Board with ROMs off of eBay is impossible. As for the dumping of ROM chips, that in itself sounds way too hard for me to do.

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

Compucore
User

on Friday, March, 30, 2007 10:53 PM
Or if you can go to a recycling center that might have those as well. Or places that might offer that some special electronical stores may have them. They are usually with softwae that as well. I had four chips of 256 K chis here soewhere around here.

Mr. Sinistar Wrote:
Compucore Wrote:Sinister Would it not be easier if you actually owned the ROms themselves from the Arcade game. Just to copy them off the EEPROM chips back onto the computer whether your using a windows, Mac, or linux machines. I know there are kits that you can actually burn them onto the chips themselves. With the right software. ANd the proper size of burner for them. What about extracting them from the same chips?? in reverse order??

Trying to convince my parents to buy a $25+ Circuit Board with ROMs off of eBay is impossible. As for the dumping of ROM chips, that in itself sounds way too hard for me to do.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade