General Discussion 
 Announcing the development of "Tron: Anti-Virus"

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Traahn
User

Re: Announcing the development of "Tron: Anti-Virus"

on Thursday, August, 24, 2006 1:38 AM
Is Quake 4 running on Doom 3? If so then I'd think it could be done.
Yes, Quake 4 runs on an enhanced Doom 3 engine; as does Prey, I'm pretty sure.

TheReelTodd: I bet this doesn't come out until late next year or 2008+. That might be enough time to upgrade? Hopefully? I hope so. After all the work you put into your videos; after all you contribute here; and all the time you put into computing, you deserve an upgrade! Hint: newegg.com

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Dakota Bob
User

on Thursday, August, 24, 2006 6:48 AM
Will this project get it's own site or will all úpdates be posted in this thread?

Prankster bit
User

Re: Announcing the development of "Tron: Anti-Viru

on Thursday, August, 24, 2006 3:51 PM
Traahn Wrote:
Is Quake 4 running on Doom 3? If so then I'd think it could be done.
Yes, Quake 4 runs on an enhanced Doom 3 engine; as does Prey, I'm pretty sure.

"enhanced" basically meaning "needs better computer"

Doom 3 I can play fine at high quality
Quake 4 i can play fine on low quality
prey i can play fine on low quality most of the time [some of the big open spaces slowed almost to a standstill]
so yes Tron Fanatic, if drivable vehicles are important, head towards using some code from quake 4 [or the code for the shuttle in prey], otherwise, sticking with standard doom 3 engine would be your best bet

[and cheers for the potential voice acting role. whenever you need a well spoken english male accent, i'm your man!]abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, August, 24, 2006 7:38 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:Personally, I think you'd be ok running Doom 3. If your computer (and your degree of personal fussiness) can handle 2.0 with the glow turned on at 800x600 then Doom 3 should be no trouble at all for you. Doom 3 is actually a pretty fun game as well. The story isn't as richly done as something like Silent Hill, but a lot of work was still put into the plot. Characters talk to you, you can watch info-TV monitors, and you can read emails and audio logs. And the game definately ranks high on the genuine 'scary' chart...

Ahh crap!

Now you got me all interested in Doom 3. How can I not be after reading what you wrote? I LOVE games that scare the hell out of me. When Resident Evil came out for Game Cube, I used to LOVE playing it late at night with the lights turned off in whole house and while the wife was out. That game gave me the chills several times (when played like that). It's not as scary as it is creepy... but offers some good scary parts too. I even had a few creepy zombie dreams for a while, which oddly enough, I rather enjoyed.

If you think Doom 3 is comparable in frame rate with TRON 2.0 when played with all the visual goodies turned up, I might have to give it a try. That and I would love the opportunity to get good and scared! I read a several articles about the game being really mediocre but with great graphics and people complaining about that. But perhaps those reviews and comments are from hard core gamers who were expecting the greatest game of all time. I am not a hard core gamer - the ONLY EVER PC game I've owned and played is TRON 2.0. And the newest game I own is Metroid Prime II for my Game Cube (from 2004). I enjoy games that I can get lost in and immerse myself in the experience. Anything nerdy, freaky, or scary. I love high-end graphics and high frame rates... but I can settle for frame rates that are around the 30 frames per second mark so long as it doesn't hinder my ability to play and react to things too much.

Yep - now I'm definitely curious about Doom 3... wanting it even. I don't really have the time for another game right now... but I really want to have the crap scared out of me! No, I'm not normal, but then again, I never pretended to be.

You made a good point about your TRON graphics and the relatively low poly count. I'm sure that would indeed improve upon frame rate with all the effects turned up.

Traahn Wrote:TheReelTodd: I bet this doesn't come out until late next year or 2008+. That might be enough time to upgrade? Hopefully? I hope so. After all the work you put into your videos; after all you contribute here; and all the time you put into computing, you deserve an upgrade! Hint: newegg.com

I would LOVE to upgrade my PC and software, etc. I've been wanting to for a while now. It just ain't in the budget in the foreseeable future. I could easily drop $10,000 to $15,000 between computer hardware and new, up-to-date video and audio applications (and that's just for starters). I've been asking myself lately if I want to get serious about my productions. The answer is ABSOLUTELY YES! But two things are in the way. I don't have the funds right now... and I don't have the time. Having to work a day job, and attend to all of life's other responsibilities in the real world take up so much of my time, that it takes me forever to get the smallest of things accomplished... well, that an my evil perfectionism. Example - Weed Killer Gone Wrong was produced over a 9 day period, from start to finish. I was shooting for a 3-day project, but missed that mark. The whole idea was to try and produce something decent, really fast. I wasn't very happy with the results, but I felt it was good enough to show people and add to my site (many of my projects never get finished or shown). Weed Killer 2 has been in production since July 28th (earlier than that

Tron Fanatic
User

on Thursday, August, 24, 2006 10:12 PM
Dakota Bob Wrote:Will this project get it's own site or will all úpdates be posted in this thread?

It may get it's own website. I'd like to get my own section on the sector if I can talk Auric into it

Prankster bit Wrote:
so yes Tron Fanatic, if drivable vehicles are important, head towards using some code from quake 4 [or the code for the shuttle in prey], otherwise, sticking with standard doom 3 engine would be your best bet

I found out there's some basic vehicle stuff included with the Doom 3 SDK, even though there's none in the game at all, so that may help

'>

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, September, 12, 2006 12:36 AM
I could easily drop $10,000 to $15,000 between computer hardware and new, up-to-date video and audio applications (and that's just for starters).
$10-$15K!! Holy cow I hope my next computer upgrade, whenever that occurs, doesn't cost that much!! I can probably get by with $1-$2K. i know all to well how bills get in the way, though. No need to explain, although you already did

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

PrinceAuron
User

on Wednesday, September, 13, 2006 10:58 AM
10 to 15K? Holy crap. My computer cost $800 (or so) and it has enough power to run Half-Life 2 on full power, City of Heroes/Villains on full. It's a damn nice computer. What stuff are you going to buy?? lolorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Aisu Youkai
User

on Friday, September, 22, 2006 9:57 PM
Dude, this is awesome! I hope you get it done and pretty and done and works well and... did I mention pretty? Because anything in TRON is pretty. Hehe.

I'll actually have to "play" Doom 3? Posh. Oh well. Time for everything. Haha. It'll be cool. A new Tron game, yay!

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Announcing the development of "Tron: Anti-Virus"