Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Newbie - Multiplayer questions.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Brycea
User

on Wednesday, November, 08, 2006 2:23 PM
Finally had time to get through Killer App, loved the game (although I actually thought the end could be written better; I kept believing that Jet would "meet" the TRON legacy program). So I then downloaded the patch to make multi-player work and... I guess I'm too many years behind schedule? Are there no multi-player games happening out there? Do I need to schedule with others because there are too few?
Also downloaded someone's application to look for multiplayer games (I'm at work; can't recall the name of the application), but as long as I was using that correctly, I didn't see anyone 'out there.'

So, can anyone give this newbie an idea of the what where and hows to current day (Nov. 2006) multiplayer is like? Or refer me to messages that I haven't scrolled through? Many thanks, programs!

-Bryce
Thunderbird Theatre Company

zook_one
User

Re: Newbie - Multiplayer questions.

on Wednesday, November, 08, 2006 4:59 PM
Brycea,

Players are still out there, some of us spend most of our time on making extra content for the game as opposed to actually playing it, but we aren't going to disappear anytime soon for good. I think people play mostly at night.

You are playing on PC correct?

I'm a little confused because you said Killer App which is the XBOX version of the game which is different but you said you installed the patch.

some other folks will probably stop by but...

visit the following sites also:

Game FAQ complied by our resident tronFAQ program...

http://www.ldso.net/tronfaq/
Forum for dedicated TRON 2.0 Players...

http://tronforum.boxhat.com
I recommend downloading some of the custom made maps hosted on boxhat. some really cool stuff

but you can find players in this forum also.

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

Brycea
User

on Wednesday, November, 08, 2006 6:05 PM

You are playing on PC correct?

I'm a little confused because you said Killer App which is the XBOX version of the game which is different but you said you installed the patch.

Correct. Sorry; I've got all my terminology mixed up. Yes. "Tron 2.0" for PC.
Will start going through the forums you suggested... Thanks for everything, and if others also have some "quick tips" for getting a newbie like me up and running in some multi-player games, I'm all ears.

-Bryce

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, November, 08, 2006 6:29 PM
Setting up times to meet up with other players is a good idea too. Many of us are just too damn busy with life in the real world to be online gaming much, but when we know of a time or times in advance when we can be sure to find other TRON fans on the game grid, there's a better chance of hooking up with people.

Unfortunately, the days of people almost always on the game grid are long gone. But there is still plenty of interest and excitement over this fine game.

Online light cycles is my game of choice - a VERY addicting and fun ride! Haven't been on the game grid much myself lately, but I'll be rezzing in again soon, I hope.

Win or loose, there's just NOTHING like meeting up with friends and TRON fans on the game grid for some high-speed, fast-action light cycle fun! abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Brycea
User

on Wednesday, November, 08, 2006 6:44 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:Setting up times to meet up with other players is a good idea too. Many of us are just too damn busy with life in the real world to be online gaming much...

I know just how you feel... based on some of the posts you have written, I'd place us at about the same age (36). Last night, finishing my first pass-through of the single player game, I first "checked in" with my wife to be sure she didn't mind that I'd be "vegging out" to TRON, but our cat decided that SHE needed attention, and promptly laid down on the keyboard. Once I return from vacation, I'll see if I can't set up some meeting times for multi-playergames. Need more single-player practice for the lightcycles, but I'm just anxious to continue enjoying the game play of disc combat without having to go through the single player adventure again.

-Bryce

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, November, 08, 2006 7:08 PM
Brycea Wrote:I know just how you feel... based on some of the posts you have written, I'd place us at about the same age (36). Last night, finishing my first pass-through of the single player game, I first "checked in" with my wife to be sure she didn't mind that I'd be "vegging out" to TRON, but our cat decided that SHE needed attention, and promptly laid down on the keyboard. Once I return from vacation, I'll see if I can't set up some meeting times for multi-playergames. Need more single-player practice for the lightcycles, but I'm just anxious to continue enjoying the game play of disc combat without having to go through the single player adventure again.

36? You old fart! Well, I guess I am too then. Yep - you nailed it. I first saw TRON when I was 11 in the summer of '82. There are a few of use thirty-somethings that hang out here.

As for light cycle practice, you won't get much better at the game by playing the single-player version of it. It's a whole different and MUCH more exciting experience when you're playing against other humans! Only playing against other live players will give you the opportunity to learn strategies and get really good at the game.

If you're more in to disc battle, there are several (and more active) TRON 2.0 players who meet up in the disc arena and disc death match games. I'm a bigger fan of light cycles than I am of the disc games, but I've enjoyed having the bits blasted out of me in the DA and DM games many times.

You should take the time to download the custom maps (you can find them in the file archives here and also at boxhat.com). There are some absolutely beautifully done custom maps - I'm talking TOP notch!

Perhaps we'll get to meet up out there some time. That is if I can finish all my chores and you can keep your cat off the keyboard for a while. He he he.

TriggerEXE
User

on Friday, November, 10, 2006 10:54 PM
I'm a newbie to the multiplayer scene too. Just playing around with the multiplayer settings and there was no one on the list. Though I'm guessing if I just go by the defaults, I'll probably never see anyone. I've tried going to the boxhat web site but some of the users there are scary. Its like if a newbie posts a question, they are immediatly ripped apart by the more experienced. It turns others off to playing, or at least it can if the wrong person replies first. It would be interesting to have a map where everyone basically just hangs around and chats. No weapons or conflicts. Sorta like the Progress Bar. It could be like a chat room. Do others do things like that or is it all about the fighting and light cycles?

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, November, 11, 2006 11:03 AM

TriggerEXE Wrote:It would be interesting to have a map where everyone basically just hangs around and chats. No weapons or conflicts. Sorta like the Progress Bar. It could be like a chat room. Do others do things like that or is it all about the fighting and light cycles?
There's a Derez custom map that was made specifically for that purpose. All of the weapons were removed except for the Disc Primitive, to encourage people to chat rather than fight. It's called SkyGrid-01. You may want to check it out.

Go here and download the Derez Map Pack
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer