User

TRON LightCycle

on Friday, December, 15, 2006 3:13 PM
Relive the movie!

MutoidMan
User

Re: TRON LightCycle

on Friday, December, 15, 2006 3:28 PM
OK, NOW I'm motivated to download custom levels!

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

NoExcuses
User

on Friday, December, 15, 2006 4:22 PM
Crap on a crumpet - that looks awesome!

But the tanks in the tank storage place are high-poly, as opposed to the low-poly ones in the movie before they become high-poly as they 'power up'. But as if that's really a problem - this map looks great!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, December, 15, 2006 4:31 PM

Neat! I am definately going to try this out. Was the author someone here on the Sector?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, December, 15, 2006 4:38 PM

Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:Was the author someone here on the Sector?
Check the front page.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Sora.EXE
User

on Friday, December, 15, 2006 8:32 PM

Flippin' Sweet! It look like you took it straight from the movie!

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, December, 15, 2006 9:28 PM
Oh my User, Layer - that looks AWESOME!

** downloading **

Hold on a minute...

** catches breath **

Um... wow!

I can't wait to play on this one!

Damn! Did I mention that looks totally SWEET!

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, December, 15, 2006 9:48 PM
I played it. Quite cool! You have to be pretty precice in hitting that crack though

Can someone explain this:

"Don't forget to check out the bridge of Sark's Carrier for some nice interactive features, that can be used with the action 'F' key on the keyboard."

Is that when you're on the grid in your cycle? What's the "action" key?

Layer.dll
User

on Friday, December, 15, 2006 9:57 PM
Boingo:

The F key is the default action key for TRON 2.0.

If you are in Spectator mode then you can go up to Sark's bridge and use the action key (F) to make various things happen.

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, December, 18, 2006 11:46 AM
NICE!!!! Now if I just had a PC that was able to load TRON 2.0. Anyone want to post a movie of them playing? I'd love to see everything...

Carlorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 18, 2006 2:21 PM
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but how do you actually race your lightcycle? Everytime I play the map, I'm on the game grid and I can walk around and stuff, but I don't know how to "turn on" my lightcycle. Is there a key or something I should hit?

BTW, your map is very impressive, Layer! Great job with the textures on the game grid.

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 18, 2006 2:37 PM

Mr. Sinistar, it's a Multiplayer Light Cycle map only. You're trying to play it in Single Player mode, but it won't work properly that way.

Read this thread to find out how to play the map by yourself, even though it's Multiplayer (scroll down the page a bit):
http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=335500&pg=2
The only things you need to do differently from what's described there, is choose Light Cycle mode instead of Derez mode and add the TRON Lightcycle map.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Jujitsu Man
User

on Monday, December, 18, 2006 2:43 PM
Goooood work!

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 18, 2006 2:47 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Mr. Sinistar, it's a Multiplayer Light Cycle map only. You're trying to play it in Single Player mode, but it won't work properly that way.

Read this thread to find out how to play the map by yourself, even though it's Multiplayer (scroll down the page a bit):
http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=335500&pg=2
The only things you need to do differently from what's described there, is choose Light Cycle mode instead of Derez mode and add the TRON Lightcycle map.

Thanks, man. I appreciate that!
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

NoExcuses
User

on Monday, December, 18, 2006 4:51 PM
I've only just had the chance to play the map. I spent the first three points trying to find where the hole was, then I heard Flynn say, 'I'm gettin' outta here right now and you guys are invited', when I spotted the hole.

I slowed down and manoeuvred in, and...

WOW!

The Recognizer smashing down on the hole, the tanks firing at you, it all looks just like the movie! I was expecting to be able to drive around freely without the 90 degree restriction (like in the movie), only to be disappointed when I smashed right into a tank

Sark's Carrier looks, all in all, awesome. The li'l Pac-Man map on the inside and all the detail on the outside is perfect! Only thing was that pressing 'F' didn't do anything - are there certain things I have to face?

Oh, and what exactly is the swirly whirly thing at the end of the corridor of tanks?

Anyway - the map is on the whole completely amazing! Cool stuff!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Layer.dll
User

on Monday, December, 18, 2006 5:25 PM
sorry 'bout the restrictions.. given the retrictions of the engine I think I gave it my best.

1) No 90% or trails isn't currently possible as we don't have the sourcecode. (Or maybe I'm lazy - either way it's something I can't change with my knowledge of the engine)

2) the "swirly" thing at the end will end the current race and kill everyone but you to make you the winner

Unless: a) You are the only one playing
b) someone is close enough to you they they
also "escape"

3) Sark's Bridge: there are a few switches that can be activated using the F (action) key...you must be close enough to them to use them AND it cannot be the race where the hole appears.

Layer.dll
User

on Monday, December, 18, 2006 5:31 PM
Mr. Sinistar - I'm actually looking deeply as to how they did the single player setups for the lightcycles.

Technically I can make the bike start and stop using commands in single player. So who knows...I may update my map in the future to be used in the single player lc part of the game.

If I was - I could put the cycle rod out and have you rez into your cycle by "using" it. Unfortunately things don't work the same in MP.

NoExcuses
User

on Monday, December, 18, 2006 6:19 PM
Layer.dll Wrote:sorry 'bout the restrictions.. given the retrictions of the engine I think I gave it my best.

1) No 90% or trails isn't currently possible as we don't have the sourcecode. (Or maybe I'm lazy - either way it's something I can't change with my knowledge of the engine)
I understand that, and I know it's not your fault. I was just saying that it looked so much like the movie that I thought I was in the movie, and therefore I thought I could turn freely

Bit Brain
User

on Tuesday, December, 19, 2006 4:09 AM
This is currently my favorite light cycle map. Fine attention to detail, excellent work.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

joda
User

on Wednesday, December, 20, 2006 7:22 AM
I've never really liked the Tron 2.0 Light Cycle Mode much, because it lacks "rubber". I will install Tron 2.0 again, and test this map! It really looks great.

"Rubber" descirbes a concept from Armagetron Advanced which makes the cycle stop in front of a wall until there is not "rubber" left, and you explode. That way you have a bit more time to decide for left or right .

I'd really love to see Layer.dll's map ported to Armagetron Advanced ... but alas Armagetron's Engine does not meet the requirements for such a complex map yet. It will someday offer custom textured Maps and multiple 3D objects, but not yet.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 TRON LightCycle