Other Games 
 Tron Pencil and Paper RPG

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Autowoman
User

on Saturday, January, 27, 2007 7:57 PM

Anyone ever think about this kind of RPG? How would you go about making one? Or use an existing P&P RPG to make Tron's world?

Some RPG systems to concider:

The GURP: General Universal Role Playing system. Can be any game scenario one chooses. But the system is hard to get used to.

Big Eyes, Small Mouth: Universal Japanese Anime RPG: The orginal had simple rules and only three stats to worry about. The undated version needs theDungeons & Dragons Player's Guide: Third Edition to play.

Cyberpunk: Actually has a netrunning character type, the Netrunner. Has rules that cover cyber-play and combat. Rache Bartmoss' Guide to the Net is a sourcebook that goes even deeper to cyber-play. The only problem I see with using the Cyberpunk system is that it takes place in the future (2020), and it's a dark future, at that.

DC Heros/Marvel Heros RPG systems: These seem promicing, except that they are in established universes. Although Automan as a member of the Justice League/Avengers is an interesting idea...

d20 Modern: This is basically Dungeons & Dragons in a modern world. Not sure how to go about using this one, although Walter Nebicher (as well as Flynn and Alan) would be Smart Hero (Basic Class)/Techie (Advanced Class)

Anyone have any ideas about this? It would be interesting to make one. We just need a starting point, and some ideas on how to go about it.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Autowoman (Yes, based on Automan...)

Hikaru.EXE
User

Re: Tron Pencil and Paper RPG

on Saturday, January, 27, 2007 8:13 PM
It seems like it would be really difficult to make. I'm not to well aquainted with P&P RPGs, but I'm sure it's possible.

DanSJV
User

on Thursday, February, 08, 2007 7:11 PM
Heya,

I made an effort a while back to do so in Unisystem. You can check out the file here:
http://www.oldlordskull.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=17
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Lonesquiff
User

on Tuesday, June, 12, 2007 10:53 PM
Seems to be a bit of an old question but thought I'd share my thoughts on this. As an rper it caught my eye

A Tron universe would be very easy to adapt into an rpg. The characters would all be Conscripts in the virtual world and could even have adventures against "villains" such as the MCP.

I'm not sure of the other editions, but both the 2nd and 3rd editions of Shadowrun had comprehensive breakdowns of running what they called "matrix runs" these were essentially missions that took place entirely in the digital world. A User would have programs that he'd load in for different situations. IE A submask program to sneak past a guard. This could work for standard program characters as well.

Another way would be to work out a d20 version. Personally I think basing it off of the Star Wars d20 would work great. In that system they have what they call "force points" that characters can use to enhance abillities. For Tron these could be reinterpreted as "User points". They also have powers only available to Force-sensitive characters and that could translate into Programs gaining special abilities through their belief in the Users.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Hooray for our side"

Jeric Hikari
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 9:55 AM
Hmmm. I'll have to search true20 to see what's already out there. All things considered it seems highly likely given its basicly D20 simplified and retooled to allow for GMs/DMs/storytellers to get wit hthe setting and use rules only as needed.

Sadly not familliar with GURPS so i couldn't tell you there.

Edit: Nothing immidiately avalible on True20's forum. However if we're going real world/digital stats its simple.

Real world treat as you would a modern setting(true20 companion would help, but not needed, REALLY not needed as its mostly for DM advice) with the adept(spell caster/psychic) role unavalible. Inside the computer you work off a completely different template. Normal programs get the usual six points to distribute amongst stats, Users that get zapped in get ten poitns to reflect on how capable they are compared to programs. As for skills and such....I'm not sure on how to handle things but the majority of skills and or feats still seem like they'd apply. Even the adept role would stil lbe useable as the spell list doesn't contain flavor text on how the spells work.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Cheapie TheatreGot five minutes to kill? Want to read a story? Here ya go.

Jeric Hikari
User

on Friday, September, 14, 2007 1:42 PM
Working on the details on the how of a tron-like theme(I'm not going to explicitly state Tron, just a ruleset that would fit anythign similarlly themed(reboot for example as well as other 'in the computer' things).

Cheapie TheatreGot five minutes to kill? Want to read a story? Here ya go.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games