space paranoid game (beta)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ed keefe
User

on Wednesday, February, 07, 2007 2:26 PM
Hi all

I have mentioned this game a couple of times over the last year or so. I never could quite get it finished, but I have decided to revisit it and try once more. I have posted a working version at:

http://www.a1eddie.com/spaceparanoid.htm

Just click on the image to download. Unzip the folder and make sure it all goes into a folder c:\clu to ensure it will run.

I have limited this version to the internal tank view only, as I am not very happy with the external views and movement of the tank so far. Future versions will have both internal and external options. Also in this version the recognizers don't move. You can shoot them and they can kill you if you get too close, but thats all!

Please let me know what you think so far, and as I have said in the past if there are any 'Darkbasic Pro' programmers here get it touch, I need all the help I can get.

ed

data_ghost
User

Re: space paranoid game (beta)

on Wednesday, February, 07, 2007 3:38 PM
i thought there was a space paranoids game already? im sure iv seen it in file archive

My humble little internet slice. Visit, read, comment, and laugh (with, not at I hope...)

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, February, 07, 2007 3:39 PM

Ed,

I think it's very cool for the stage that it's in right now. I like the graphics and the environment.

If I can make a couple of helpful suggestions, though:

1) The tank turns too slow. Can you speed up it's rotation a bit? Just a bit.
2) The game is a little dark. Can there be a way to control brightness or contrast settings?
3) When the game is loading a progress bar or indicator would be nice. I didn't know what it was doing at first and thought it was hung.

Other than that... very very cool!

ed keefe
User

on Wednesday, February, 07, 2007 5:23 PM
Thanks Boingo_Buzzard for the feedback.
I'll change the wait time on the loading screens. That should speed it up a bit. I can also make it brighter no problem. I've only tested it on my own pc so far so its good to hear that it runs ok. The tank speed can be changed as well. I am trying to get the balance between easy and difficult gameplay right.

And yes a very good Space Paranoids was posted a couple of years ago. But that game is based on the arcade game that Flynn plays in the movie. This version is meant to follow the scenes where Clu is looking for the hidden data files.

I'll let you know when I have updated the game.

ed

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, February, 07, 2007 7:30 PM
I hope you're able to finish the game ed keefe!

Sounds like you're getting there - if you're able to find the time to devote to the project and see it through to completion!

I can't wait to merge with that memory, Bit order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ed keefe
User

on Wednesday, February, 07, 2007 7:52 PM
I've updated the game... made the window 800x600, brightened it up a bit and changed the speed of the tank.

Thanks TheReelTodd, I hope I can finish it too. Its only been three years now since I started it .

ed

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, February, 07, 2007 7:56 PM
ed keefe Wrote:I've updated the game... made the window 800x600, brightened it up a bit and changed the speed of the tank.

Thanks TheReelTodd, I hope I can finish it too. Its only been three years now since I started it .

ed

I've gotten stuck on long projects myself - things I thought I might never complete because it was too difficult and I didn't have the time or patients to deal with it. My Cutting Room Floor video was like that. Took many, many months to finish (not three years, but way longer than it should have), but turned out well when finished (or so I thought).

Stick with this and I'm sure you'll have something that TRON fans will enjoy and a cool game that you'll be proud to show off to people!

Pulsewoman
User

on Thursday, February, 08, 2007 2:47 AM

Hmm. I would like to try this, but I got the following odd error:

"Runtime error 8003: Could not find path at line 10."

...any ideas?

(And yes, I have updated my Directx...)

Heh. Sounds like the kind of problem Clu himself would have to fight his way through--a gridlock-while-trying-to-get-to-work annoyance kind of problem, grumbling about it while sipping his virtual coffee... (Java? )

Anyway.

...Notoriouson line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

wwwmwww
User

on Thursday, February, 08, 2007 9:18 AM
Hello Ed,

Its been a while. Real life has me swamped at the moment but I'm trying to look in here at Tron Sector when I can. I hope to download and try your game this weekend. I did take a look at your website and spotted something I wanted to ask you about. On this page:

http://www.a1eddie.com/movie1.htm
in the lower left I see what looks like a TRON verson of Space Invaders, however its the only image that doesn't seem to bring up an animation. Did you forget to add a link?

Thanks,
Carl

ed keefe
User

on Friday, February, 09, 2007 6:52 AM
Hi Pulsewoman, It sound like a directory problem.

ensure the game files are all in the directory:

c:\clu

no sub folders, it should just have the game models and maps etc.

If that doesn't work it might be :
c:\game

Sorry I have a couple of versions. I'll check and make sure asap.

Hi Carl, you spotted another long running project that I thought would be pretty easy to complete....but has been shelved like so many others. It is a flash space invaders game. So far it has a moving tank that can shoot, and moving rec's but thats all.

Too many tron projects, not enough time.

I'll keep you all posted on further developments.

ed

doctorclu
User

on Friday, February, 09, 2007 9:59 AM
TheReelTodd Wrote:
ed Stick with this and I'm sure you'll have something that TRON fans will enjoy and a cool game that you'll be proud to show off to people!

I want to make a Space Paranoid's cabinet eventually!!

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Tuesday, February, 13, 2007 10:02 AM

Ed,

I seem to be getting an error, now, immediately upon launch:

I didn't do anything new, just deleted the old files, and extracted the new files and made sure they were in c:\clu\

EDT: My bad. I missed the PulseWoman thread. Doh. I changed it to c:\game\ and it's OK now.

data_ghost
User

on Tuesday, February, 13, 2007 7:40 PM
nice game! all it need now methinks is a external view and the view to be able to look up and down.

My humble little internet slice. Visit, read, comment, and laugh (with, not at I hope...)

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, February, 13, 2007 11:52 PM
Didn't see the before. Will try...

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games