Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Games 
 When & how: More TRON video game ideas...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Brycea
User

on Friday, June, 22, 2007 11:55 AM
Greetings.

Yes, I've played and enjoyed the "Battle of Yavin" Tron-Recognizer mod., but I keep wondering if/how/when someone will produce a game in which you are a pilot of a Recognizer?

Much in the way that some of the Star Wars games can be played from the Imperial point of view, I imagine a game with a good balance of adventure and first person shooter (not unlike Tron 2.0), in which you work for the MCP.

Ideally, you'd be a Recognizer pilot, and often your vantage-point would be from inside the cockpit, (think of when Flynn piloted a Recognizer prior to RAM derezing in "Tron"; THAT cockpit).

ALSO: same game, or a different one, with the same concept but with the tanks. In fact, since the tanks are typically operated by two 'programs,' there could be a broadband version in which you and a friend operate the tank together. One driver, one gunner.

Yeah, sure, my day job is in the IT field, but I am not a programmer. Anyone out there with a huge amount of time and knowledge on their hands capable of doing some Tron 2.0 open code programing to make this a reality, or has all this already happened and I'm once again behind the curve?

...I understand that time and money prevent these kinds of wishy-dreamy game ideas, but hey, I love being "in" the TRON realm via games just as much (OK, more), as when the People Mover ride at Disneyland had a TRON segment.

... I am a playwright, so if you've got the programing skills, I'll come up with the storyline and script (and voice talent).

Thoughts, anyone?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

-Bryce
Thunderbird Theatre Company

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: When & how: More TRON video game ideas...

on Friday, June, 22, 2007 12:45 PM

Brycea Wrote:Yeah, sure, my day job is in the IT field, but I am not a programmer. Anyone out there with a huge amount of time and knowledge on their hands capable of doing some Tron 2.0 open code programing to make this a reality, or has all this already happened and I'm once again behind the curve?
Nope, it hasn't happened. You've already nailed the reasons why. A project like this takes lots of time and dedication. We've seen many announcements about people's ideas for games or mods that never go anywhere, because of these reasons.

As for Tron 2.0, the community wasn't given what they needed in order to make extensive changes to the game like what you're proposing. We don't have the source code. Without it, things like what you're talking about aren't possible. Meaning someone would have to either create a totally new game, or modify another existing one, and would have to build everything from scratch.

The Battle of Yavin mod is the closest you'll be getting to what you want, for the forseeable future. (Of course, Tron 2.0: Killer App for the GBA also had the Recognizer sequences.)

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, June, 22, 2007 1:08 PM
Brycea Wrote:Greetings.

Yes, I've played and enjoyed the "Battle of Yavin" Tron-Recognizer mod., but I keep wondering if/how/when someone will produce a game in which you are a pilot of a Recognizer?

The reco would have to stomp on things, though to make it true to the film. Sure, the recos in the battle of yavin mod shoot, but they never did that in the film.

What I'd like is an actual closer approximation to the Space Paranoids game we see in the film. There have been some very good attempts at it, but none capture that same feel of the game Flynn plays in the movie.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

zook_one
User

on Friday, June, 22, 2007 4:01 PM
I am working on getting you inside a recognizer as part of the User Error 2 TRON 2.0 Expansion being developed by myself and fellow LDSO members.

So you will be able to experience half of what you're asking for... but like FAQ said sorry you wont be able to really fly the thing.

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

Brycea
User

on Friday, June, 22, 2007 4:18 PM
zook_one Wrote:I am working on getting you inside a recognizer as part of the User Error 2 TRON 2.0 Expansion ...

That's fantastic. I'll take anything.
Well, maybe not, just having seen the TRON "Sora" (sp?) clips for the first time today on YouTube... Tron hugging Goofy; a terrible low, or a worthy homage to the popularity of Tron? You decide!

Please, keep up the work on your Expansions; I look forward to them!
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

-Bryce
Thunderbird Theatre Company

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Monday, June, 25, 2007 11:53 AM
Brycea Wrote:Tron hugging Goofy; a terrible low, or a worthy homage to the popularity of Tron? You decide!

I was OK with the KHII stuff up until the end. The hugging and tickling stuff got really creepy and was just so out of context with the rest of the game that it was almost uncomfortable.

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, December, 08, 2007 6:02 PM
I could probably make a recognizer type game, here's what I'm thinking:

You are a member of the MCP's elite recognizer assault force. The game is side scrolling, and you score by smashing enemies. Enemies could be escaping lightcycles, hijacked tanks, etc..

I'll toy around with the idea, and see if I can get a prototype or something. If I can come up with anything, I'll try to post some screenshots here. And it would not be a mod, but what TronFAQ said could still apply, as most of the games I start working on I usually discontinue. For example, I was making a Star Wars game, but the filesize got too big (20 MB!) so I dumped it. I'm actually thinking about making several tron games, could this end up being the first?

Oh, and for the tanks game, I've also been toying with the idea of making a 3-d tanks game where you play as Clu, and try to recover stolen files from Dillenger or the MCP or something.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games