Status Bar 
 What's with your avatar?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
TRON.dll
User

What's with your avatar?

on Monday, December, 10, 2007 1:10 PM
This is like "what's with your name", but with avatars. Some of those avatars are pretty bizzare, any backstory or explanations?

Mine is the logo for my tour group on guitarhero.com, Deadly Disks of TRON (now recruiting new members!).abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

DaveTRON
User

Re: What's with your avatar?

on Monday, December, 10, 2007 3:34 PM
Mine is my bobble head my wife had made of me in a TRON costume.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 10, 2007 6:37 PM
My current avatar is basically just me rezzing in and out of the digital world of TRON.

In the time just before joining TRON-Sector, I noticed that there were a lot of really cool looking custom avatars. I figured everyone here was an amazing digital artist. I didn't want to show up for the formal without the proper jacket and tie, so to say, so I sat down for a couple of hours and pounded out my animated rezzing avatar.

The TRON-ized image of me I made in 2002, shortly after getting my 20th Anniversary TRON DVD. I took that, and animated a wire frame version of it drawing in and undrawing back out, hoping it would fit in with all the other cool avatars here.

Come to find out shortly after joining, it was Sketch, our own resident pixel pusher and artist of all of TRON-Sector's digicons (and then some), who had made most of the cool custom avatars I was admiring. Who knew all that cool was coming out of a single guy, huh?

So, that's my avatar, and a brief story of how it came to be.

For anyone who's wanted to see a larger version of it, here it is:

I had to shrink it down for the 60x60 avatar specification here.

I'll spare you the widescreen, HD, 3D, holographic version of it.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 10, 2007 6:51 PM

Well, I had a really crummy avatar when I first joined Tron-Sector. I also had a different user name back then, too.

Like TheReelTodd said, everyone here had awesome avatars. Most of them were courtesy of our resident artist extraordinaire, Sketch. So after a while, I felt I had to at least try to make a better one.

My current avatar is better, though still not great. I'd like to create an even better one some day. I just took a screenshot in Tron 2.0 and slapped part of my user name over it, in big letters.

If you want to know how I came up with my dumb user name . . . well, you can probably guess how that came about.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Prankster bit
User

on Monday, December, 10, 2007 7:34 PM
mine is a graphical representation of my character in the RP threads.

long story short, it's a better version of an ICP, gone renegade, and has a big corruption scar across his face. [i've yet to decide how he got it...]
originally, it was this:

in terms of where my avatar came from, Sketch posted something on here about this avatar he created that was up for grabs, i claimed it, asked him to turn it red [it was blue at the time] and stick the corruption scar on, and boom, there you go, my avatar.

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 10, 2007 8:36 PM
Mine is an unamed skeleton bot that goes along with my banner that I created in photoshop. Created a glitched monitor style to go along with the grim look of all the killer robots shown in the signature. I've already pledged my allegiance to the machines, how about you?

I've switched avatars many times at this site. Originally used a tron-style persona here, but after a while it didn't really feel like me. Can't ever seem to find the right one that reflects myself. Pretty sure I'll switch to another one soon. Would like another animated one if I do.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, December, 10, 2007 8:53 PM
Photoshop really is awesome.

Have you ever entered any photoshop contests, Sketch? You'd probably come up in a pretty high position. www.worth1000.com hosts photoshop contests, some results of which I've given the honor of being my desktop wallpaper. :{ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PSN - TRON-dll

KiaPurity
User

on Monday, December, 10, 2007 9:26 PM
I've only had two avatars here. One was a badly drawn picture of me Tronified.

The second one is by Sketch when I casually bribed him with awesome quality Tron screenshots of the backgrounds-- I mean, he graciously randomly gave me the avatar!

*sips a can of Dr Energy and looks around*

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

death-program
User

on Tuesday, December, 11, 2007 8:09 PM
Hey guys, this is death-program. I'm new to TRON Sector, and I don't even know how to create an avatar. Could someone help me? Thanks! END OF LINE

------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

The is THE TRUTH ZOMGWTFBBQ

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, December, 11, 2007 11:18 PM
Hey, death-program, welcome to TRON-SECTOR! Havn't I played you in TRON 2.0?

Anyways, to get an avatar, go to your profile edit screen by clicking the edit button under your username at the top of the screen. Then scroll down to avatar and enter the URL link for your avatar. I started a post on avatar issues and found out that you can get a photobucket.com account for free and upload pictures to there. Then, you can get the URL code from there and paste it into your avatar URL box in the edit screen. Simple, simple... *Head implodes from overload of information*

PSN - TRON-dll

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Saturday, December, 15, 2007 1:03 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:Photoshop really is awesome.

Have you ever entered any photoshop contests, Sketch? You'd probably come up in a pretty high position. www.worth1000.com hosts photoshop contests, some results of which I've given the honor of being my desktop wallpaper. :{ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Haven't done any online contests like that. Very cool site. Looks like it would be fun.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

shorty99
User

RE: What's with your avatar?

on Monday, November, 29, 2010 6:30 PM
Mine's just the good ol' red, white and blue!

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 1:28 AM
Mine is a spark. My computer won't let me do small animations, and I can't afford Photoshop, so this is the best I could come up with. It's not too bad.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

TriggerEXE
User

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 3:11 AM
Mine is currently the old "running man" sprite from Intellivision games. I just made him blue, like Tron.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Aurrius
User

on Saturday, December, 18, 2010 8:50 PM
Jarvis from Tron Legacy. I just think his visor is bad-ass.

Jeric Hikari
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 10:42 AM
Mine is a terminal texture from the Shock Texture Upgrade Project (an attempt at bumping up the quality of system shock 2's textures.)

Cheapie TheatreGot five minutes to kill? Want to read a story? Here ya go.

doctorclu
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 9:44 PM
The Reel Todd and Prankster Bit have my votes so far.

My avatars usually have a Bubsy Bobcat theme. I have a avatar, let me see if I can get this to work...

That is a combination of Bubsy and Clu from the first TRON movie. I tried to submit this Bubsy to compliment the Mario and Sonic made to look like TRON and Sark but I never heard back from the people I submitted it to here on the TRON Sector.

The Blue ball was Bubsy's sidekick Arnold the Armadillo rolled up in a ball and floating in the air like Bit.

Anyway, that is the story of my avatar. I liked Bubsy on the Atari Jaguar and I collect Bubsy stuff like I do TRON stuff.

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 9:54 PM
doctorclu Wrote: I liked Bubsy on the Atari Jaguar and I collect Bubsy stuff like I do TRON stuff.

Bubsy 3D was the best game ever made. It got the prestigious nonexistent Gold X Award.

PSN - TRON-dll

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 10:00 PM
@ Tron.dll

I figure it's no longer the band logo, but rather a grid bug.

Along with the subject, I don't have a cool Tron avatar. I looked and looked for this one just to find out this site had it already.

It's a backlit Tron, nothing special.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 1:04 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:@ Tron.dll

I figure it's no longer the band logo, but rather a grid bug.

Yes, it's a gridbug creature that I made in Spore. I plan to change my avatar soon.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar 
 What's with your avatar?