Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Server Hosting

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
death-program
User

Server Hosting

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2007 10:32 PM
This is probably already a topic, but I can't find it so I'm posting it again.
Whenever I try to host a server, it gives me a message that it can't post on GameSpy. I tried turning off my Firewall, but that doesn't help. Could anyone help this poor, server-less program?where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

The is THE TRUTH ZOMGWTFBBQ

Jademz
User

Re: Server Hosting

on Wednesday, December, 19, 2007 11:11 PM
you need to make sure you have ports open in your router for gamespy. They have a list on gamespy for hosting Tron, if I recall they used halo for the list, The list I use may not exactly like gamespy's.
Make sure your(Tron 2.0) server port (UDP)is the same as the open port.

TCP 13139, 28900, 29901
UDP 28800, 29900, 29901, 27888

I use more ports to host Tron 2.0, by adding a 28XXX on my router, and server settings with my static IP. (I use mac address filtering, otherwise, it may be a bit simpler)

Windows firewall (ICS) if you use it, should have only exceptions allowed, for Tron 2.0 tronsrv.exe, and lithtech.exe (I only have a list in exceptions, not connections menu, although the connection must be enabled.)

Then, your software firewall should allow Tronsrv.exe also.

That's it!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 20, 2007 2:38 AM

If you have a router death-program, you need to forward ports 27888 and 27889 to the LAN IP of your computer. Just those two ports are all you need.

Even if you don't have a separate router, most of the modems provided by ISPs these days are really modem/router combos. So you'll want to check on that.

Either way, visit this page and pick out your router brand and model there. Then look for the guide to F.E.A.R. Read the instructions, and just add port 27889 to the ports to open (type "27888,27889" in the UDP box on the configuration screen of your router).

If you want to make the game work with your software firewall, you need to set both "Lithtech.exe" and "TRONSrv.exe" to have full permissions or to be trusted applications that again use UDP ports 27888 and 27889.

This stuff is also covered in my Unofficial FAQ on this page. Scroll down a bit until you see the part where it starts talking about multiplayer. I plan to do a major update some time early next year, so that part will become its own dedicated section.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, February, 14, 2008 7:54 PM
OKay, I'm VERY confused here. I'm somewhat technical illiterate, so can anyone tell me how to "forward ports 27888 and 27889 to the LAN IP" of my PC or what that even means?

I really wanna do a nondedicated server for Friday Night Fights tommorow afternoon.

OR

How do I tell me firewall to have exceptions allowed for TRON 2.0, tronsrv.exe, and lithtech.exe? I can already play online, it's just when I try to open up a nondedicated server, I get that annoying Standard Substandard "failed to list server on Gamespy" message.

Remember, I'm technically illiterate, so please tell me what to click and how to get there step-by-step if possible.

Thanks!

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

on Thursday, February, 14, 2008 9:35 PM
TRON.dll Wrote: can anyone tell me how to "forward ports 27888 and 27889 to the LAN IP"

The LOCALHOST, is also the loopback IP your computer hosting(127.0.0.1), this must be trusted in your firewall.

The LAN dialogue for LC seems forwarded more efficiently somehow, than in DA and DM(which use more bandwidth). Some say it uses different netcode, which in either case, is the IP forwarded through the router, once you configure the internal IP and port on your router to allow all traffic for the server to communicate in the WAN. in addition to the ports you listed, you'll need to add the ports gamespy uses. like this:

(your IP) allow these protocols for ports:
TCP 13139, 28900, 29901
UDP 27888, 28800, 29900, 29901, 29910

I forget all the ports. List them like this in the same rule.

TRON.dll Wrote: when I try to open up a nondedicated server, I get that annoying Standard Substandard "failed to list server on Gamespy" message.

Your OS, Linux, or windows, must give the server permission to access your network, your firewall- full permission.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 1:03 AM

TRON.dll Wrote:OKay, I'm VERY confused here. I'm somewhat technical illiterate, so can anyone tell me how to "forward ports 27888 and 27889 to the LAN IP" of my PC or what that even means?
It really doesn't get any easier than the guide at portforward.com . . .

To determine your computer's IP that you need to forward to (if you don't know it already), then follow the guide on this page:
http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm
Use the "ipconfig /all" command, and look at what it says your "IP Address" is. That's the number you want.

The problem is that every router and every software firewall is different. We can give you general advice, but the screens will always look different between different brands of routers and software. So we can't tell you *exactly* what to do, step by step.

I already gave the advice you needed to get started. Go to portforward.com, pick out your modem/router model, and then look at how to forward ports for FEAR. The instructions for FEAR are exactly the same for Tron 2.0, except that you need to add 27889. You don't need any other ports than 27888 and 27889. Jademz has a different, more complicated setup than you that only applies to him. You don't need all those extra ports.

If you'd let us know what software firewall you're using (if any), that would help. I could probably direct you to a guide that deals with your specific software firewall.

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 1:12 AM
Wait, I just now found the exceptions menu. I need to add Tron 2.0, tronserv.exe, and lithtech.exe and then check them, then it should work, correct?

That may have been the problem for the past 2-3 years now.. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 1:19 AM

Yep, that sounds like it would work.

I also edited my previous post to provide a little more info.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 1:24 AM
I couldn't find the Lithtech icon in the list of programs to grant exceptions to. I selected it in add programs and it said it was already in the list. What's it named in that list (The exceptions list)?

Also, do I need to add the ports? If so, what do I name them?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

PSN - TRON-dll

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 2:02 AM

I can't give you any advice unless you tell me what software firewall you're using. Is it the one built into XP, or did you install a different one?

Also, do you know if you have a router or not? You've never mentioned it, one way or the other.

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 2:10 AM
I am using the firewall built into XP.

My router is a Lynksys model WRT45G.

I don't see why the router should matter though, as my internet is directly connected to my computer. You see, the computer directly recieves the internet from the internet box, while the router provides other household objects with internet service (i.e. Nintendo DS, Wii, laptop, etc..).

Sorry if that's confusing.

What does the Lithtech application show up as in the exceptions menu?

PSN - TRON-dll

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 7:59 AM

Okay, no router between you and the internet . . . good. That makes things a lot less complicated.

Well, I had this nice long explanation typed up about the XP firewall. But then I found out that it only allows you to open one port per application. You can't open multiple ports. Which is absolutely asinine.

So the solution is . . . install another firewall. It seems to be the only way you're going to be able to host a Dedicated Server. Sorry.

Either that, or turn off the firewall completely. Which I'm sure you don't want to do. (I certainly wouldn't!)

You could get Comodo, Zone Alarm, or Sunbelt, which are all free. I personally recommend Sunbelt, because it's the easiest to use.

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 11:31 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:
So the solution is . . . install another firewall. It seems to be the only way you're going to be able to host a Dedicated Server. Sorry.

I wanted to host a non-dedicated server, so I guess that's good.

I can host a non-dedicated server, right?

I couldn't find the Lithtech app in the exceptions menu, though. What name does it go by? I have exceptions allowed for TRON 2.0, Tronserv.exe, but lithtech won't show up.

My firewall was actually off without my knowledge, and I still couldn't host a nondedicated match, and I'm sure if it was a problem with Norton 360, it would likely tell something like "the program so-and-so.exe is trying to do this-or-that, allow?"

Kinda like that Mac commercial... where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 1:16 PM

You never said anything about Norton 360!

Okay, first off . . . dedicated, not dedicated, it doesn't matter. You can't host using XP's firewall. Period.

Now, Norton 360 comes with its own firewall, that gets installed by default. (Unless you choose not to install that part.) It turns off the one in XP. Which is good. That's what you want. You don't want double firewalls.

If the firewall part of 360 got installed, you need to work with that instead.

If it didn't get installed, you still need another firewall than the one in XP.

And it's possible that maybe the Anti-Virus part is blocking what it thinks is suspicious activity. But it's more likely that the firewall in 360 is there, and active.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

death-program
User

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 1:31 PM
Does Symantec have a firewall?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

The is THE TRUTH ZOMGWTFBBQ

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 2:16 PM

Norton/Symantec has been making software firewalls for years.

Okay, maybe there is a way to make this work using XP's built-in firewall. But you've just reminded me how much XP's firewall sucks, and why I never used it. I strongly urge you to use the Norton 360 firewall or something else instead.

And don't have two firewalls running at once. If you discover that 360 has an active firewall running, don't enable XP's as well.

Anyway, *if* the XP firewall is the only one you have, and you really, really want to keep using it TRON.dll . . . then try this. But I can't guarantee it will work.

You know how you found the "Exceptions" tab? Well, next to it is one labelled "Advanced". Click on it.

Click the topmost "Settings" button.

On the "Services" tab, click the "Add" button.

You'll actually need to click the "Add" button twice, and fill in this box twice: so each looks the same as these two screenshots. The only thing you have to change is the "Name or IP Adress" part in both cases. That "192.168.2.4" number is *my* computer's number, but yours is not going to be the same. Use the "ipconfig /all" command I told you about earlier, to find out what your IP address is and type it in both times. If you don't have a router, your IP address should be reported as "127.0.0.1". Otherwise, it will be "192.168.xxx.xxx".

Then after you're done, you should have two entries labelled TRONSrv.exe and both should have checkmarks in the boxes. Then click OK.

This *should* work for both the dedicated and non-dedicated servers, but I can't guarantee it because I didn't test it.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 8:07 PM

I updated my previous post to mention that your IP address will be "127.0.0.1" if you don't have a router between your computer and the internet.

So, if there's no router in-between and you're sure there's only the XP firewall . . . then if even temporarily turning off both the firewall and your other security software *still* doesn't let you host, then something very peculiar is going on.

Are you sure your modem isn't also a router, maybe? A lot of the newer modems are combos now. Sounds like a stupid question, but I'm just trying to cover every possibility. You called it an "internet box", what does that mean exactly?

Jademz
User

on Friday, February, 15, 2008 9:30 PM
I can guarantee if you are not behind the router, which btw is a bad idea, it is because you have your settings on your firewall set too high, or "stealth".

Here's a screeshot (click to enlarge) of the settings I used in my linksys router I just dug up, and it's running the Friday Night Fights server right now.

Here's a 2 screenshots of my free firewall.

screenshotscreenshot
If you'd like, I'll keep the server up for as long as you need, it's on it's own ded. 1GB upload line. (there are a few servers down due to his(Anderson) server is being rebuilt)

Jademz
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2008 9:57 PM
One more screenshot of the router. (on a cable modem)

screenshot
Have you tried getting your server up Tron.dll?

shogunokc
User

on Saturday, April, 12, 2008 1:55 AM
i cannot get my tron.exe to pop up its not even there when i look for it? i have windows vista can u do a barney style breakdown for that?

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Server Hosting