Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Face

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
death-program
User

Face

on Friday, December, 28, 2007 8:29 PM
How do you give faces to characters (Z-lots, civilians, ROMie etc.)?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

The is THE TRUTH ZOMGWTFBBQ

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Face

on Saturday, December, 29, 2007 10:29 AM

You mean change their expressions? Like smiling, frowning, etc? Yikes. That's a bit complicated to explain.

Unless you meant re-skinning the faces? Changing the way they look? That's a bit easier.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

death-program
User

on Saturday, December, 29, 2007 12:04 PM
I mean actually giving them a face. Whenever I put Z-lots, civilians, Mr. Crown etc. into my world they show up with a complete body but a big black spot for a head (except for z-lots, who have eyes, but nothing else). ICPs automatically have something on their head -- why don't the others?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, December, 29, 2007 5:05 PM

Oh, that problem. Now I see what you're getting at.

It has to do with lighting. The lighting system in Tron 2.0 is . . . a bit strange.

You need to use directional lights (DirLights) in your maps, to get certain models to be lit properly. In fact, you could light your map with just DirLights. I prefer to use both types (regular and DirLight). It seems to give slightly better results. But using just regular lights alone, causes the effect you're talking about.

For now, you can just create one DirLight, which behaves like a spotlight. What you want to do is move the DirLight far away enough from the map and widen the beam enough so it covers the entire map. You'll need to increase the brightness so it lights such a large area, well enough. Eventually you'll probably want to use more than one DirLight, to cover the map from different angles. Monolith typically used at least three DirLights on every map.

You can put DirLights outside of your skybox, if you're using one. The Lithtech engine is unusual in another way too, by allowing objects outside. Just about every other game engine throws a fit when you put objects outside the skybox.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

death-program
User

on Saturday, December, 29, 2007 7:36 PM
I tried doing that, but it isn't working. I even put a DirLight right in front of the guy's face and I still don't get his face to show up. It lights his body a little better, but his face is still entirely black. Do I need to be using a skybox? Because I'm not.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, December, 30, 2007 1:43 AM

Yeah, you really should be using a skybox.

With the DirLights . . . keep at it. You'll get it eventually. You need to play around a lot with the positioning and properties.

Load the sample Disc Arena map that came with the tools, and study how Monolith used the DirLights in that map. Try to copy what they did.

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, December, 30, 2007 1:52 AM
Sorry I can't help, but what's your new map themed around and when can we expect to see it?

A new map is always fun and exciting! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

death-program
User

on Sunday, December, 30, 2007 11:26 AM
I wasn't using a SkyBox because I was aiming towards using this particular world as a prefab. And I'm not sure I will release this. It's not good enough to be released (yet, at least).
I'll try using a skybox. Thank you TronFAQ, you're always a big help!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

death-program
User

on Monday, December, 31, 2007 11:22 AM
I tried using a Detail=False brush, I'm assuming that's what you mean by SkyBox. It didn't work, though. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 31, 2007 11:55 AM

Hmm, well let's go through it step by step.

So you've made your brush box. You resize it so it's big enough to enclose the entire map. Then you need to flip the faces by pressing the F key on the keyboard. After that, you check its Properties and set its Type to SkyPortal. And then you change Detail to False.

Finally, you click on the Prefabs tab on the left and navigate to Prefabs\M01\Skybox, then double click on the SKY01C icon. The sky prefab will appear in your map. Place it somewhere outside the skybox, either above or below.

That's it. The sky should appear now. The documentation that comes with the tools makes it out to be a lot harder than it really is.

death-program
User

on Monday, December, 31, 2007 9:00 PM
Ooo, didn't know that. Thanks.

death-program
User

on Monday, December, 31, 2007 9:06 PM
OK, I tried that. Nothing changed, except that now I have a Skybox. But nothing changed on my person's face.

On a side note, why don't the Prefabs work? I use the "Import World" function, and it works fine, but it might be easier to have a Prefab directory.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 02, 2008 2:19 AM

Trust me, the DirLights are the key to eliminating your characters' appearance being dark or black. Keep working with them. It took me a long time to figure out how to position them, and what properties to set, in order to get things looking right.

If you have FastLightObjects set to True on your DirLights, change them to False. Set the ObjectBrightScale to a higher value, like 4.

Also, check the settings of the World Processor when you compile your maps. It should look like this . . .

Make sure those lighting boxes are checked. If they're not, it would explain why your characters look dark no matter what you do.

As for not having any prefabs, it sounds like you don't have DIRTYPEPREFABS files in your prefab folders. If you copy and paste this text, and save it as a batch (.BAT) file, you can run it and it will create the necessary files to get DEdit to recognize the prefab folders.

echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\GLOBAL\INTERACTIVE\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\GLOBAL\STATIC\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\GLOBAL\STATIC\DATABLOCKS\NEW_BLUE\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\GLOBAL\STATIC\DATABLOCKS\NEW_RED\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\GLOBAL\STATIC\DATABLOCKS\NEW_YELLOW\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\GLOBAL\TRIGGERS\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\M01\SKYBOX\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\M01\STATIC\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\M02\INTERACTIVE\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\M02\STATIC\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\M05\SKYBOX\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\M05\STATIC\NEWGAMEGRID\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\M05\STATIC\NEWGAMEGRID\UNDERGROUND\DirTypePrefabs"
echo. > "x:\YourTronDir\Game\PREFABS\MULTIPLAYER\DirTypePrefabs"
You'll have to substitute the x:\YourTronDir part with your own Tron 2.0 directory.

death-program
User

on Wednesday, January, 02, 2008 12:40 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you TronFAQ!
I used the FastLightObjects=False and turned up the ObjectBrightScale, and I got the character's face to light up!

KingKaddish
User

RE: Re: Face

on Friday, November, 26, 2010 5:37 PM
I am having this same issue with the prefabs not being listed while n Dedit. I tried the above solution but the prefab area is still empty in Dedit. Any other ways to fix this problem? The FAQ .bat file seems to work save yet agin, on the prefab section. Using that bat it says....THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE PATH SPECIFIED... I hope that this helps zero in on my exact prob. .....nm just remembered that i posted this before YEARS ago. I will do a followup post. Original was here please reply here .... http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=324684

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Face