Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Change FOV for TRON 2 to display on my invention?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
FlexibleFront
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 9:15 AM
Hi,

I have recently recieved a patent for an invention I call jDome, which greatly immerses a gamer into a game - but in order to do this you need to be able to change the Field of View in a game.

I've tried to change the FOV in TRON 2.0 but with no luck - does anyone here know how to do this

Check out the promo video of the invention and you'll know more:
www.youtube.com/jDomeProject
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

FlexibleFront
User

Re: Change FOV for TRON 2 to display on my invention?

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 9:56 AM
Sorry the link got wrong last time, apperantly I could not have an ending slash in the link - sorry

www.youtube.com/jDomeProject

aldul
User

Re: Change FOV for TRON 2 to display on my inventi

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 1:26 PM
It'd also be interesting to pipe the image through a fisheye lens to avoid the distortion around the edges. Interesting invention!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

FlexibleFront
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 1:32 PM
aldul Wrote:It'd also be interesting to pipe the image through a fisheye lens to avoid the distortion around the edges. Interesting invention!

It would be nice, but the idea is to play as you always do and look straight ahead. Then the distortion wont matter so much.

Experiment: try and read a text on your side while looking straight ahead. It isn't possible - it doesn't even have to be in focus - all that matter is movment which "you will detect in the corner of your eye".

Daddyo
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 3:24 PM
I'm unable to see the video at work, but if its related to wrapping the view to your whole peripheral vision, then great! I've been waiting for when games began providing a low-resolution edge with a wide fov, might take some load off the graphics generation too.

A warped lense sounds like a great way to get the picture with the right edge scale to the eyes.

Have you ever wondered why virtual reality isn't popular? My guess is everyone ends up getting motion sickness :@

FlexibleFront
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 3:34 PM
Daddyo Wrote:I'm unable to see the video at work, but if its related to wrapping the view to your whole peripheral vision, then great! I've been waiting for when games began providing a low-resolution edge with a wide fov, might take some load off the graphics generation too.

A warped lense sounds like a great way to get the picture with the right edge scale to the eyes.

Have you ever wondered why virtual reality isn't popular? My guess is everyone ends up getting motion sickness :@

I also hope games will be developed for the jDome - but only you can help me by spreading the word of the jDome to anyone you might think be interested.

A warped lense is, as I said, nice, but it costs much and the costs I want to keep down. Besides - you don't actually need it.

What I would like is some graphics-drivers which fishbowls the game and blacks out the corners.

I've played with a jDome for hours and have not felt any motion sickness - if you're not prone to motion sickness with your normal games, chances are slim you'll be it with a jDome.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 5:20 PM

This isn't really going to give you the result you want, but visit this page and scroll down to the part about widescreen monitors:

http://www.ldso.net/tronfaq/pages/video.html
The FOV can only partially be adjusted in Tron 2.0. You can change the character model geometry FOV, but not the world geometry.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

FlexibleFront
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 5:35 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

This isn't really going to give you the result you want, but visit this page and scroll down to the part about widescreen monitors:

http://www.ldso.net/tronfaq/pages/video.html
The FOV can only partially be adjusted in Tron 2.0. You can change the character model geometry FOV, but not the world geometry.

Thank you for your tip, but as you've already stated - it is not what I'm after - is there any mods of TRON 2.0? (and hence modders how might know about this?)

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 7:05 PM

FlexibleFront Wrote:is there any mods of TRON 2.0? (and hence modders how might know about this?)
Um, yes . . . as a matter of fact I'm one of those people who actually has experience modding Tron 2.0.

And I can tell you that without source code (which we don't have) or disassembling the executable and hacking it, there's no way to do exactly what you're after.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Jademz
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 8:09 PM
I've tried to understand why the players field of view is warped in Tron 2.0, friends of mine brought it up, and were working on a solution to fix it, but I don't recall anyone fixing the issue that the central focus point in tron is only correct for about 1/3 of the center of your screen in the "world". For some reason the screen to the left and right of your view bends around and flattens, kinda annoying, but otherwise unnoticable(unless you're strafing left and right and staring at objects). Unless you create a corrective lens, I don't see it working w/o source, as Tronfaq mentioned.

Which btw, you may be able to get ahold of$ ), but that's a whole different ballgame, as the mouse grows wings and flies w/ your idea and possibly your money.. I've heard you may be able to get license to use the engine, but I have no idea what may be involved with Tron 2.0.

Daddyo
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 9:57 PM
FlexibleFront Wrote:
What I would like is some graphics-drivers which fishbowls the game and blacks out the corners.

I'm not really sure, but I think directx have lense effects, I wonder if you could lense the whole screen efficiently with the right factors, or possibly stack two lense types, probably of different apertures. Maybe the inner lense is concave, and the full lense is convex, or vice versa?

I think your market would widen considerably if it were desktop size, then it would also be alot easier physically than standing. But I could see it being difficult to cover your 180 degree fov and not be too close to your face to focus. Both models would great though.

Looks like you're going to have your product certainly in arcades. I would start licensing to upright arcade makers like konami, atari, or stern http://www.ggdb.com/ByManufacturer.aspx?c=Coin-Op&s=Arcade. Atari is dying for a product.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

zook_one
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2008 11:30 PM
Definitely a cool product. Hard to have in the home unless your rich (high-res projector) and have an dedicated game room. Would be awesome for and arcade or Professional gaming leagues. Funto stand over the payers shoulder and see the action from that view.

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

FlexibleFront
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2008 12:01 AM
Daddyo Wrote:
FlexibleFront Wrote:

I'm not really sure, but I think directx have lense effects, I wonder if you could lense the whole screen efficiently with the right factors, or possibly stack two lense types, probably of different apertures. Maybe the inner lense is concave, and the full lense is convex, or vice versa?

I think your market would widen considerably if it were desktop size, then it would also be alot easier physically than standing. But I could see it being difficult to cover your 180 degree fov and not be too close to your face to focus. Both models would great though.

Looks like you're going to have your product certainly in arcades. I would start licensing to upright arcade makers like konami, atari, or stern http://www.ggdb.com/ByManufacturer.aspx?c=Coin-Op&s=Arcade. Atari is dying for a product.

A desktop size is feasible, but my thought was that you wouldn't have to move the projector away from your movie position.

I would love it if directx had support for a fishbowl effect - somebody who nows more about this?abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2008 12:09 AM
zook_one Wrote:Would be awesome for and arcade or Professional gaming leagues.

Actually, Namco had a prototype arcade cabinet for a beta version of "Starblade: Operation Blue Planet". The cabinet hardware produced a very similar image to what is in the video.

Starblade: Operation Blue Planet-

Cancelled after public testing.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

FlexibleFront
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2008 1:56 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:
zook_one Wrote:Would be awesome for and arcade or Professional gaming leagues.

Actually, Namco had a prototype arcade cabinet for a beta version of "Starblade: Operation Blue Planet". The cabinet hardware produced a very similar image to what is in the video.

Starblade: Operation Blue Planet-

Cancelled after public testing.
Well, do you know why it was cancelled after public testing?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Daddyo
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2008 11:21 AM
I'll guess that it's because the projectors blocking your view, otherwise it would have been really cool! There couldnt be a patent infringment because of that.

If I were you I would download the directx 10 sdk. There's example programs that demonstrate the various effects available. You can dig around the help files too http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa139765.aspx. I'd find a game programmer too to come up with the code to do it, to hand off as part of the license, and loading benchmarks.

I've seen games that use a lense effect, like water spots on your view. I would think it'd be very fast to And a circular mask that's black on the outside, to give it a round window effect on the picture.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

FlexibleFront
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2008 4:39 PM
Daddyo Wrote:I'll guess that it's because the projectors blocking your view, otherwise it would have been really cool! There couldnt be a patent infringment because of that.

If I were you I would download the directx 10 sdk. There's example programs that demonstrate the various effects available. You can dig around the help files too http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa139765.aspx. I'd find a game programmer too to come up with the code to do it, to hand off as part of the license, and loading benchmarks.

I've seen games that use a lense effect, like water spots on your view. I would think it'd be very fast to And a circular mask that's black on the outside, to give it a round window effect on the picture.
Well, as the jDome is a rear projection system, this is no problem.
Hopefully someone can help me with the coding of that sort of thing in the really near future.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

FlexibleFront
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2008 5:40 PM
Cool! I just got featured on Gizmodo!
http://gizmodo.com

Jademz
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2008 11:32 PM
Could this use a laser lens? I think that would make more sense for 3D. That's what keeps us safe here in the US, satellites that give a 3D image, even underneath objects are visible thanks to laser lenses, they capture a picture of the entire atmosphere at once, and the user can scroll through 100% crystal clear. I bumped into the guy who created it, and I thought it is an amazing technology, and may make for a great way to implant Tron into someone's brains. Just my 2 cents. It's probably not easy to make a projector do something like that.
ps. congradulations on your invention!abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

David1
User

on Sunday, May, 11, 2008 2:33 AM
Regardless, it seems a logical thing to do would be have a specific video driver for the video card?

After all, the video driver is a lot of what you work with for most games and given the pixel location distortion, a good video driver would take the image and know how to distort the image appropriately so that when projected it would appear correct.

Especially since the video card isn't just working with pixels but rather plastering bitmaps over triangles.

Almost like a simple "Video Processing" effect...

Anyway, I don't really know the answer and I might be suggesting something stupid.... But the thought did come to mind -

Nice work you've done too - I've seen something like this at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney... They actually made a complete documentary like this with a special camera and it does feel a lot more like you're there.

David.

Who hacked my .sig?

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games