TRON: LEGACY 
 Will TRON be in TRN?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Flynn316
User

Will TRON be in TRN?

on Friday, August, 01, 2008 9:48 AM
Based of the trailer looks like Clu/Flynn has an evil self running around.

Will Tron (Bruce Boxleitner) return to defeat CLU / FLYNN?

Could we see the old mcp maybe called upon for help?

What about Cindy Morgan?

Curious for everybody's thoughtsabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

This town is full of live ones!!

Qix77
User

Re: Will TRON be in TRN?

on Friday, August, 01, 2008 10:39 AM
Flynn316 Wrote:Based of the trailer looks like Clu/Flynn has an evil self running around.

Will Tron (Bruce Boxleitner) return to defeat CLU / FLYNN?

Could we see the old mcp maybe called upon for help?

What about Cindy Morgan?

Curious for everybody's thoughts

Good questions. Bruce and Cindy was interested enough to do TRON 2.0 (voice acting) so if they were call upon, I think they'd do it.... but I really don't know.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, August, 01, 2008 10:48 AM

Just my opinion, but probably not. I think Jeff Bridges' character in the shot would have to be Flynn because he purposely looks older...

It would be tough to get Bruce to look like he did in 1981 when Tron was made, and that would ruin the illusion.

Of course... Walter's program (Tower Guardian) aged along with him, so who's to say. Certainly not me

laphtiya
User

on Friday, August, 01, 2008 10:56 AM
Who says Flynn is a badguy?

All we see in that Trailer is a green hunting down a blue. For all we know Flynn could be a hostage. Users are powerful yes but maybe he has spent too long in the system and has "lost" his powers?? (maybe they changed to a new version of Java and he didnt learn it lol!)

We may not see a "classic" Tron but perhaps an upgraded version. A completed and compiled Tron Legacy code (assuming the movie doesnt count Tron 2.0 as a spin off).

I would like to see Boxleitner in Tron at some point either as Tron or Alan. We'll have to keep an eye out.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, August, 01, 2008 2:36 PM

I have a pretty strong belief that if Cindy and Bruce can be in it, they will be. It all depends on whether the script calls for their characters to return.

I think there's a good chance Alan will be back, but I'm not so sure about TRON. Also not sure about Lora. If they're considering at least some aspects of Tron 2.0's story to be canon, then Lora is no longer with us. But Cindy may be recast for another role, then. Or perhaps Yori still exists.

I don't expect David Warner to re-appear as Sark or Dillinger, though.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Flynn316
User

on Friday, August, 01, 2008 3:51 PM
Bring Tron back and in the old suit

That would show how old his program his

This town is full of live ones!!

laphtiya
User

on Sunday, August, 03, 2008 9:14 AM
Flynn316 Wrote:Bring Tron back and in the old suit

The only problem with bringing back the old Tron is that strictly speaking he wouldnt last 5 mins agains the more modern programs in the system. For instance our REAL security programs are out of date in a year and are unable to keep up. So the original Tron program would be completely outdated and possibly not supported by the systems OS.

If Tron is in this movie we will either see an updated version of the program, or the original in a flashback or recap of past events.

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, August, 03, 2008 10:21 AM
laphtiya Wrote:

The only problem with bringing back the old Tron is that strictly speaking he wouldnt last 5 mins agains the more modern programs in the system. For instance our REAL security programs are out of date in a year and are unable to keep up. So the original Tron program would be completely outdated and possibly not supported by the systems OS.

If Tron is in this movie we will either see an updated version of the program, or the original in a flashback or recap of past events.

Actually, in Tron 2.0 Killer App on GBA, TRON says that he was originally written to adapt to whatever situation he's in. Therefore, TRON would be able to adapt to modern hostile programs.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Sunday, August, 03, 2008 10:57 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:
laphtiya Wrote:

Actually, in Tron 2.0 Killer App on GBA, TRON says that he was originally written to adapt to whatever situation he's in. Therefore, TRON would be able to adapt to modern hostile programs.

He has a point there

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

laphtiya
User

on Monday, August, 04, 2008 3:59 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:
laphtiya Wrote:

He has a point there

Not really, because again programs will have become far more advances (which they have) and a higher ability to adapt than Tron would ever have had. I am not trying to say Tron is rubbish because I would be decompiled very slowly lol. All I am saying is I don't think it would be a good idea to see Tron in the original form. But that doesnt mean we cannot have the original Tron character/program just advanced, refined and upgraded. Because if Tron did have the ability to adapt then it makes sense from a programmers point of view to keep on building on that program.

Remember as well that Alan said that Tron was almost complete when he was shut down meaning what we saw in the movie was a Beta program or a alomst completed version. Who knows what the final product would have been like.

digideus
User

on Monday, August, 04, 2008 5:49 PM
Maybe that's why they are calling it TR2N. A new version perhaps?

Tr2ff
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2008 12:27 PM
laphtiya Wrote:
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:
laphtiya Wrote:

He has a point there

Not really, because again programs will have become far more advances (which they have) and a higher ability to adapt than Tron would ever have had. I am not trying to say Tron is rubbish because I would be decompiled very slowly lol. All I am saying is I don't think it would be a good idea to see Tron in the original form. But that doesnt mean we cannot have the original Tron character/program just advanced, refined and upgraded. Because if Tron did have the ability to adapt then it makes sense from a programmers point of view to keep on building on that program.

Remember as well that Alan said that Tron was almost complete when he was shut down meaning what we saw in the movie was a Beta program or a alomst completed version. Who knows what the final product would have been like.

Just to add to that, the movie came out in 1982. Using games as analogy, that would be taking the game Zork, which was a text-adventure game, and putting it up in comparison to World of Warcraft. Even King's Quest, which was considered revolutionary, didn't come out until 1984 and it would be impossible to run either of those games without some type of DOS emulator running it, so I can see where laphtiya is saying about running the old, which was probably less than 1mb in size and putting it against something modern.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!"
"Not anymore."

Cam_the_Man
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2008 8:11 PM

Maybe over the years TRON has been upgraded. I vaguely remember somethingin TRON 2.0 that Alan "shelved" TRON. Maybe in the sequel, some way or another, something along the lines of this can happen:
Somebody: "It's hopeless! There's no way this is possible! We've lost! Game over! End of line!
Flynn, Alan, someone: "Well... maybe not."
Somebody: "What do you mean?"
Flynn, Alan, someone: "Back in the 80s, there was a program called TRON. he's been in stasis for the past few years, but I think it's time we reintroduce him into the system."
That would make my day.

TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2008 8:47 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
Maybe over the years TRON has been upgraded. I vaguely remember somethingin TRON 2.0 that Alan "shelved" TRON.

Actually, Flynn shelved the TRON Legacy project. Maybe, after Flynn's experince in the computer world, he realized how much power he could have as a user in the world of the computer. After replacing Dillenger, Alan had started working on the TRON Legacy code. Flynn decided to hatch a plan to go back into the computer and take over the world through computers. He decided that once in the computer, the only program that would be able to stop him would be TRON Legacy, so he had Alan can the project and put the code in stasis. Later, Flynn would retire because he knew that everyone would be suspicious when the ENCOM Senior Exec. went missing and then promptly took over every computer in the world. He decided he would have to have retired many years before his plan actually went into action. If he were to retire right before his plan went into action, people could get suspicious.

How's that?

PSN - TRON-dll

Cam_the_Man
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2008 10:44 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
Maybe over the years TRON has been upgraded. I vaguely remember somethingin TRON 2.0 that Alan "shelved" TRON.

Actually, Flynn shelved the TRON Legacy project. Maybe, after Flynn's experince in the computer world, he realized how much power he could have as a user in the world of the computer. After replacing Dillenger, Alan had started working on the TRON Legacy code. Flynn decided to hatch a plan to go back into the computer and take over the world through computers. He decided that once in the computer, the only program that would be able to stop him would be TRON Legacy, so he had Alan can the project and put the code in stasis. Later, Flynn would retire because he knew that everyone would be suspicious when the ENCOM Senior Exec. went missing and then promptly took over every computer in the world. He decided he would have to have retired many years before his plan actually went into action. If he were to retire right before his plan went into action, people could get suspicious.

How's that?

Plausible. That is, if Flynn's the bad-guy-with-a-good-motive-sorta-but-went-astray.
Building on that to include my theory
Jet or Alan (most likely Jet) gets digitized and meets a new comrade/old friend to help him (Mercury, perhaps? Ma3a?). They try to stop Flynn but are blocked at every turn. In a fit of frustration the conversation I typed above is said.

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2008 11:49 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:Plausible. That is, if Flynn's the bad-guy-with-a-good-motive-sorta-but-went-astray.

I was suggesting that Flynn had evil motives in mind.

He has Alan can Tron Legacy because Flynn knows that Tron Legacy would be the only program able to stop him from taking over every computer in the world.

Why do I suddenly have a huge urge to make Flynn seem evil? on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, August, 11, 2008 10:34 AM

If Flynn is the bad guy, I at least want him to be the bad-guy-with-good-motives-that-went-astray
and is-willing-to-do-anything-to-get-his-way.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

reptilerobots
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 12:29 AM
It's interesting reading all of the TR2N posts and the posts about a possible sequel to Tron that have been going on for years. There are so many people on here that say they don't want a remake, yet at the same time, so many posts about reliving old story lines, old characters, and using predictable plot devices that were in the first movie.

I don't think it matters if Alan/TRON is in the second movie - shoot, what's next??

Tron Nerd 1 "Hey I wrote some lyrics to a new TR2N song, and I am going to send it to Journey so that they can record it and be on the new TR2N soundtrack!".

Tron Nerd 2 "Oh man, that just wouldn't be the same.. Steve Perry isn't in Journey anymore... it's a new guy."

Tron Nerd 1 "Hey, who cares, why does that matter?"

Tron Nerd 2 "Well, we have to refer to the original film continuously, that means having Bruce and Cindy come back in some over-tight spandex, Crom making a guest appearance, and of course Wendy Carlos and Journey WITH Steve Perry on the soundtrack."

Tron Nerd 1 "Hmm.. that sounds like a remake kind of ? or just rehashing old ideas? I thought everyone wanted a sequel?"

Tron Nerd 2 "Well, you do have a point... I guess we all just want something safe and a movie that doesn't challenge our expectations."

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Now THAT is a big door."

www.vberkvlt.com

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 9:21 PM

reptilerobots Wrote:There are so many people on here that say they don't want a remake, yet at the same time, so many posts about reliving old story lines, old characters, and using predictable plot devices that were in the first movie.
For me, anyway, I would say to Disney: what's the point of remaking it? The story of the film was very much a product of its era. Trying to update it for today's audiences would not work out well. Not only would you piss off old fans, but new fans wouldn't care what they do one way or the other, if they haven't seen the original film yet. So why needlessly antagonize the existing fanbase?

We need a new story, not a rehash of the old one. To please old and new audiences, alike.

But I think the concern here, it not that we don't want change. That's exactly what I was arguing against, a second ago. We don't want a rehash of the same thing, all over again. Some change is good.

What we're concerned about, is that there will be so much change that the sequel becomes unrecognizable as a Tron film. The sequel should be an homage, with lots of nods back to the original when it comes to style, characters, and story. So that there's enough similarity to keep old fans happy, but not so much that it can't move forward for today's audiences.

There has to be a delicate balancing act. So far, from the teaser, it seems they're heading mostly in the right direction. And I think most old fans would agree.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

lurkinghorror
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2008 10:06 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Trying to update it for today's audiences would not work out well.

Why is that? The story, as it was originally told, seems like it would work just fine.

Young hip programmer ripped off by corporation, attempts to hack his way into the system is instead digitized by the power hungry software ruling said corporation. Materializes on the game grid, encounters helpful security program, overthrows the tyrannical force controlling the system.

I think today's audiences would respond quite a bit better to the audience of 1981. If anything, the story has much more resonance now than it did decades ago.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Will TRON be in TRN?