TRON: LEGACY 
 New Lightcycle images

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Jademz
User

Re: New Lightcycle images

on Sunday, August, 17, 2008 10:21 PM
Excellent work Ed! those look very cool!

Did anyone notice when the blue lightcycle took off after the first few hundred yards, did the blue rider actually stretch his body forward, almost as if it was accelerating by doing so? Maybe it was an optical illusion since I couldn't see it up close.

ed keefe
User

on Monday, August, 18, 2008 3:04 AM
I have just watched the enlarged (lo quality ) version at
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/244767.html
as posted on Auric's TR2N news thread. I didn't notice the rider stretching as he becomes one with the cycle but I did notice several more details, like the cycle trail seems to start at the inner front end of the rear wheel coming directly out of the 'engine' and that the mat black stripe (tyre) is much wider than I thought. It is also a bit strange that the flap that opens at the rear of the cycle, the air brake, has to be closed by hand? I'm off to make some changes to my model. I'll post the updates soon.

ed

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, August, 18, 2008 5:50 AM
I don't think that's an "air-brake" per se...

It seems to be a panel that covers the upper-thigh of the rider and it opens when the rider drops his leg off the pedal...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

ed keefe
User

on Monday, August, 18, 2008 2:36 PM
ShadowDragon1:

The flap pops out when the cycle slides to a stop and then the rider slams it back in as he rides off. I don't think he would do this if it then has to cover his legs. However It is very hard to see exactly what it is on this clip. Only time will tell Either way I love the new cycle however it works?

edwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

xalener
User

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2008 3:12 PM
If you get the trails to work tight, could you post the settings? lol.

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

ed keefe
User

on Friday, August, 22, 2008 3:13 PM
some updates. I have made a new model of the cycle after watching the preview several dozen times. I noticed that the pedals/foot rests are attached to the rear wheel in a similar way to the handlebars on the front wheel. Still lots of guess work. I've made some improvements to the materials/reflections etc. and I have made a new 'rider' character with better detail. I also noticed that the new disk is a hoop and forms the top part of the glowing stripe on the top side of the cycle. The rider also has some sort of back padding or pack of some sort that houses the disk. Maybe it forms the panels that join the rider to the cycle. I still think the pop out panel is a brake. I just have to get the new rider onto the new cycle model and then I'll animate it. I still have to try to replicate the trail. mmmmmmmm Is this any way for a grown man to spend his spare time I think so

http://web.me.com/edmundkeefe/edmundkeefe/TRON/Pages/TR2N.html#gridwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Cam_the_Man
User

on Friday, August, 22, 2008 5:26 PM
ed keefe Wrote:some updates. I have made a new model of the cycle after watching the preview several dozen times. I noticed that the pedals/foot rests are attached to the rear wheel in a similar way to the handlebars on the front wheel. Still lots of guess work. I've made some improvements to the materials/reflections etc. and I have made a new 'rider' character with better detail. I also noticed that the new disk is a hoop and forms the top part of the glowing stripe on the top side of the cycle. The rider also has some sort of back padding or pack of some sort that houses the disk. Maybe it forms the panels that join the rider to the cycle. I still think the pop out panel is a brake. I just have to get the new rider onto the new cycle model and then I'll animate it. I still have to try to replicate the trail. mmmmmmmm Is this any way for a grown man to spend his spare time I think so

http://web.me.com/edmundkeefe/edmundkeefe/TRON/Pages/TR2N.html#grid

I love you
jk
Still, you're awesome for doing this.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

ed keefe
User

on Friday, August, 22, 2008 6:29 PM
Cam_the_Man wow, you made me blush

Thanks for the encouragement though. I've just added a few more images.

ed

Cam_the_Man
User

on Friday, August, 22, 2008 6:56 PM

Totally off subject, but since you did the art....
Why do the LCs, etc look different in Armagetron Advanced? I downloaded it based on the screenshots on you site (which I saw somewhere else) and when I got Armagetron Advanced the LCs look funny. Any reason? Any way to change it back?
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

isMetaClass
User

on Friday, August, 22, 2008 8:39 PM

great work ed!
you've gotten pretty far without much info
it's fun watching the progression
looking forward to seeing more

p.s. hi everybody! great community. this'll be a fun place to hang out and wait for TR2N

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, August, 22, 2008 9:48 PM
isMetaClass Wrote:

great work ed!
you've gotten pretty far without much info
it's fun watching the progression
looking forward to seeing more

p.s. hi everybody! great community. this'll be a fun place to hang out and wait for TR2N

Hey, welcome to Tron-Sector. Nice avatar!

No really, that's freaking awesome. Seriously.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

on Saturday, August, 23, 2008 2:12 AM
Ed, those new LCs look really awesome! here's a link that may help: Tron I think the LCs have custom seats that blend the bike's lines to the riders.. dunno, I didn't see armor on the back.. that's a great idea too.

ed keefe
User

on Saturday, August, 23, 2008 5:09 AM
Cam_the _Man:

Thanks again. I've just looked at the Moviepack and your right, I have attached the wrong zip file. This is a much older version of what I use now. I have so many versions it's hard to keep track. Anyway I've replaced the model of the cycle with a hi detail one. just click on the screen grab of AA to download. I am still adding new content to this section so please check it again in a week or so for the full moviepacks.

Jademz: thanks for the link. I think your right about the armour connecting to the cycle, but there is definitely something on the back of the rider, which connects to the disk. The lack of detail is so frustrating

Thanks to everyone else, I'll keep plodding along ... I must sort out my avatar

ed

Jademz
User

on Saturday, August, 23, 2008 9:08 AM
Ed, I just looked under the magnifier, and it's as you said, looking at it from from the side - there is a finger attached to the rider just under the disk, it has glow lines on either side, it's really thin. It did rez over the blue guys back while he rezzed in the lc. (Or like Shadow Dragon said previously, to me it looked a bit wrinkled up as the bad guy was coming to a stop, it could look comparable to a seamless convertible thing attached to him, that retracts...)

I just missed it. :c hehe sorry about that. That thing is definitely bracing the guy on the lc.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ed keefe
User

on Saturday, August, 23, 2008 12:54 PM
A couple of new renders. The front section where the tyre meets the headlight is a bit of a guess. I wish I could get a good look at the Cycle. How long will we have to wait until this movie is here?????? aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh I can't take it

Jademz: what ever it is it will be too difficult for a mere mortal like me to animate it. I can't even get a replica of the trail/wall to work. It's interesting though that the trail can be turned on and off, so I guess I could just make a little movie with no trail for now.

http://web.me.com/edmundkeefe/edmundkeefe/TRON/Pages/TR2N.html
edwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, August, 23, 2008 1:59 PM
NICE. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

flynn1978
User

on Sunday, August, 24, 2008 12:11 AM
Awesome stuff, ED!

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Neuromancer
User

on Sunday, September, 14, 2008 12:18 PM

That´s a wonderful piece of art. Congratulations. I made some 3D renderings a long ago about TRON with 3D Studio Max, but yours are impressive. What software did you used ? abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

END OF LINE

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, September, 14, 2008 5:47 PM
ed keefe Wrote:A couple of new renders. The front section where the tyre meets the headlight is a bit of a guess. I wish I could get a good look at the Cycle. How long will we have to wait until this movie is here?????? aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh I can't take it

Your imagery looks awesome, as usual.

It may be some time yet before we get a clean look at those new light cycles, and we know about how long until the film comes out. The cool thing to me is that you're already hard at work on it. You're way ahead of the game in terms of fan art of the new cycles. When they're finally available for viewing in high quality, you've already got some great working models to build upon.

ed keefe
User

on Monday, September, 15, 2008 12:26 PM
I know I've dropped off the system again, but just to let you know that I am still trying to get the glow and the trails to look like the ones in the preview. I hope to post a short animation of the cycle soon. As always pushed for time

TheReelTodd: thanks, as always your support is appreciated. It's great to know that there are so many people dotted around the word that are as excited about TRON and TR2N as I am. Wouldn't it be cool if we could all get together and make our own TRON movie?

edabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 New Lightcycle images