Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 What I DON'T want to know about TR2N

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2008 6:20 PM
There was much excitement the demo footage of TR2N shown at Comic-Con generated. All TRON fans, the hard core geeks like us, and general (moderate) TRON fans, are speculating as to what we might be treated to in the long awaited sequel.

Will Flynn be a bad guy this time around?

Was that CLU? Was that a backup of CLU? Did Flynn write a new CLU?

Are they really going to do all the in-computer scenes 100% CGI this time around - even the programs? Will that suck or be good?

How come the light cycles don't turn at 90 degree angles?

How many original cast members will return for the sequel?

Is the MCP back?

Will Wendy Carlos be composing the music for the film? Why didn't she do the music for the demo footage?

How many licks does it take to get to a digitized Tootsie Pop?

I think it's safe to say that the TR2N News thread is the fastest growing and most popular thread in TRON-Sector history.

I find myself only quickly skimming through it though. I can't bring myself to read all the speculation about the TRON sequel.

Why?

In a nutshell - I hate spoilers.

I don't want to know what's going on in the next film. I don't want to know what to expect. I don't want to know who the bad guy is. I want to know as little about this film as possible.

I want to be able to enjoy TR2N the way I'd enjoy any film I'm interested in. I want to DISCOVER it as I watch it. The first time through is all about discovery to me. I want to experience things as they unfold - NOT watch expected situations play out.

I know many people (most?), especially fan-boys (or fan-girls) of whatever film series often enjoy wondering, speculating, and following news rumors about their anticipated upcoming films, but not me. I'm a fan-boy who just wants to enjoy the (hopefully) work of art that is presented.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not against anyone who wants to know things up front about TR2N. That's not what I'm saying at all. That kind of conversation is a BIG part of fan sites like this. It's a great focal point for fans to work up some interesting chat about.

I'd just rather discover it when it when I finally get to see it though. The only real concern I have right now is the in-computer scenes. I'm doubtful that they can pull of human characters 100% CGI. I'm thinking it will look like a glorified video game cut scene... which just won't cut it for me on the big screen - not even in real 3D. If they go that route, they had better take the technology about 20 years beyond where is now (or should I say, where it's been STUCK for a while).

I've got some other concerns as well - mostly stylistic things. But in terms of plot, who's who, and story elements - I really want to discover that when I get to see it on the big screen in beautiful 3D.

I just hope it doesn't suck. Can it suck? Even with Jeff Bridges aboard? Yes. Jeff Bridges can rock, and the film, as a whole, can still suck. I honestly don't think it will, but you never know. Anything is possible. My guess is the more the suits (Disney execs) keep out of it, the better chances it has to ROCK.

Sorry for the long post. But any other TRON fans trying to find out as little as possible about the film? Are some of you some where in between?

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY