Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 A vivid TR2N dream I had last night. . .

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 8:31 AM
Greetings, Programs:

Hope everyone and everything is well within the system. I apologize in advance for the length of this, but I had a VIVID dream last night regarding TR2N: I dreamt that I had gotten tickets from a friend to a special sneak preview screening of TR2N at a local theater here in Ohio. The cool thing about it was Jeff Bridges was going to be there, for autographs, to take pics, and to watch the film with the fans.

Me, My Wife, My Family, and my Friend arrive at a local theater to see the sneak preview. There's a HUGE crowd going into the place and there's a HUGE poster outside with the TR2N logo seen at the end of the ComicCon footage, and the rest of the poster consists of: A picture of Jeff Bridges' face: half of it is normal, the other half is a wireframe, much like when he was getting hit with the digitizing laser in TR1N. His face is superimposed over a background consisting of the digital city, consisting of lit I/O Towers, buildings, the gridlines, the sea of simulation, and the cliffs and mesas made famous in the first film, and also seen in the ComicCon footage. There's also a tagline beneath that says something to the effect of:

Twenty-nine years ago, Ex-Encom employee
Kevin Flynn helped destroy a menace known
as the MCP. Now, he has a new menace to
deal with - one that will change his life, and
the ENCOM computer system, forever.

Below that is the block of text with the Arial Narrow font that has the standard, "Walt Disney Pictures along with Steven Lisberger, and Joseph Kosinksi PRESENT: TR2N", etc.

Anyway, We're all sitting inside in the theater, waiting for the movie to start. Me, My Family, and My Friend take up half of one row in the leftmost top section of the theater: a couple of Young Women (one with a young child) sit to my left, and I'm basically schooling everybody in my row (LOL!!!!) on this whole TRON universe, but not giving away any spoilers. A few seconds later, I hear somebody yell, "LOOK! He's Here!".

I turn my head from a conversation I'm having, and about 50 yards in front of me, walks in Jeff Bridges. He has salt-and-pepper hair and beard, and he has it neatly cut, much like he wore it in TR1N - the only difference besides the grey-and-black hair, is he's gained some weight. I wave at him, he smiles, waves back, and calmly and coolly makes his way to his seat, an Usher assisting him. He waves and smiles at everyone else, as he sits down. All of a sudden, people are passing napkins in Jeff's direction to get his autograph, he pulls out a glowing TR2N pen, and seeing this influx, the Ushers run interference and say, "Excuse me, theater patrons: Mr. Bridges will be available AFTER the film is shown, during a special Q&A session. He. . .".

At that second, Jeff interrupts, and says, "Excuse me, Sir. .", and Jeff stands up. People cheer as if it's a rock concert. He then proceeds to say, "These people are the reason I'm here. These people are the reason, that after 29 years, a sequel to their beloved movie was made. Without them, I wouldn't be there, and would not have had the cool experiences in making these movies, and would not have kept THIS." He grabs the TRON helmet from a bag in his seat, and proudly puts it on his head. A thunder of applause fills up the room, as Mr. Bridges grabs a napkin, signs it, and hands it to the Usher, who's looking a little uneasy. The Usher thanks him, and before Jeff sits down, he tells everyone, "Thank you. Free TRON helmets for everyone after the show". More applause. The noise dies down as the room darkens.

The previews and commercial reels start. There are several commercials that show on the screen, all with some kind of TRON theme. One of them is an M&M commercial, complete with the digitizing laser, light cycles, Recognizers, and a huge tower that the M&M is jumping down, escaping from a Recognizer. People cheer with each passing commercial. Another one is a Disney short that has Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Daffy Duck, as well as Minnie and Daisy Duck. It too has a TRON tie- in.

Then the previews and commercials end, the screen fades to black, and we see a standard, "And Now for your Feature Presentation", however, a cool thing is that the "Feature Presentation" is written in a TRON font that looks exactly like the one in TR1N, and also a city behind it with I/O towers and recognizers, as well as light cycles. A light cycle is heading straight for the screen as a Recognizer shoots at it. Just as the light cycle hits the screen, the Recognizer shoots again, the round hitting the screen and the screen overexposes in a bright white light, then fades out.

The movie starts. We hear an ominous long bass note, followed by the monochrome title font from the opening of TR1N, reading, "Walt Disney Pictures Presents", then more black as the ominous note builds into the Wendy Carlos music we all know and love. The crowd cheers loudly, then the black fades in on a shot of a globe with rays of light coming out of it, and digital clouds floating in this globe's atmosphere, but it's an updated version. The camera flies down into the atmosphere of this globe and we see the environments from the first film, i.e., the mesa, the sea of simulation, the game grid, and I/O Towers, as well as other buildings of the cities inside the system. The camera then descends and tracks along a mesa with crevices running through it, and a blue light coming from the cracks. The scene dissolves to a shot of the same mesa, but with the outer covering of the MCP, red light coming from the crevices, and a montage of events from the previous film. The narrator says basically the same thing the tagline on the poster says, but it is more inclusive:

NARRATOR(V.O.)
Twenty-nine years ago, Ex-ENCOM
employee Kevin Flynn found evidence
that then Senior V.P., Ed Dillinger was
guilty of stealing his software programs.
Upon searching for evidence to vindicate
his case, Dillinger's megalomaniacal
program, the MCP, detected Flynn hacking
into the system, and digitized him into the
ENCOM F511 computer.

Flynn's punishment for his intrusion - to
fight for his life on the game grid until he
died playing. Little did the MCP, or his lapdog,
the sadistic, brutal, and tyrannical Sark,
know that Flynn was a USER, and little did
they know that their plan wouldn't work, as
Flynn had written the games he found
himself forced to play in.

Flynn won all the games, enraging the MCP
and Sark. With the help of a security program
named TRON, as well as YORI, RAM, and DUMONT,
Flynn was able to destroy the MCP and Sark,
and bring freedom to the system. However,
the last twenty years has brought radical
change to the world - on both sides of the
screen. Flynn now occupies the spot of his
former nemesis, Dillinger, and the ENCOM
system has grown exponentially - so much
so that it is the leading computer system
in the world. Now Flynn has a new set of
issues to deal with, and once again, he
will call upon. . .

All of a sudden, the music crescendoes like in the opening of the first film, and we see a flash of light on the screen dissolving into the TR2N logo, which morphs into the silver gradiant font of the first film, then dissolving into a bunch of water and circuits as the camera flies into the title. The crowd goes nuts, clapping and cheering louder than before. The screen then overexposes again, and we fade into an Exterior shot of a huge company. A caption comes on the sreen in a computer like font, reading, "ENCOM COMPUTER CORP., OAKLAND, C.A.". The opening titles finish as we see shots of the new-and-improved ENCOM building, even an ENCOM Wall-of-Fame with Dr. Walter Gibbs', Alan Bradley's, and Lora's picture on it.

Right after that, I had to wake up and get ready for work - wish I could have slept a little longer to see more of this, LOL!!!!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

Re: A vivid TR2N dream I had last night. . .

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 10:20 AM

Wow, that's awesome and incredibly detailed.

All I dreamed last night night was that a purple and yellow worm with horned rimmed glasses and carrying an umbrella was singing to a pizza box shaped like a skull.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 10:29 AM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:

Wow, that's awesome and incredibly detailed.

All I dreamed last night night was that a purple and yellow worm with horned rimmed glasses and carrying an umbrella was singing to a pizza box shaped like a skull.

Thanks, Boingo_Buzzard. That's what my dreams and my imagination, are like - incredibly detailed and vivid. I've been thinking ALOT about TR1N, TRON 2.0, and TR2N as I'm sure you can tell(LOL!!!!), and even moreso as I'm writing a FanFic Screenplay called, "TRON:THE 3RD SECTOR".

I uploaded it a few days ago, but I guess the admins are still looking it over before posting it, or the uploading feature is having problems again. Either way, it will be revealed one way or another to all the programs here. Your dream sounds like something out of, "Sesame Street", LOL!!!!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Frequency NecroKat
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 10:45 AM
Wow, that's a pretty freaking awesome dream. Very detailed, too. It must've seemed like it was really happening. I can kinda see Jeff Bridges talking like that-- and wearing his helmet. I've noticed that he really appreciates his fans. That would be cool if your dream came true and he showed up at one of the showings!

Now I'm all hypered up about TR2N-- again! Just when my little sister thought it was safe to geek with me again! D

-~-~-~'Re-Rezz Ram!'~-~-~-

TRON.dll Wrote:Oh, and Frequency, I noticed somethin about your sig. Flynn looks like Han Solo, Ram looks like Bill S. Preston, and TRON looks like some other movie character not played by Boxleitner.
Orionsaint Wrote: Actually they look like an 80's new wave group.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 12:07 PM
Frequency NecroKat Wrote:Wow, that's a pretty freaking awesome dream. Very detailed, too. It must've seemed like it was really happening. I can kinda see Jeff Bridges talking like that-- and wearing his helmet. I've noticed that he really appreciates his fans. That would be cool if your dream came true and he showed up at one of the showings!

Now I'm all hypered up about TR2N-- again! Just when my little sister thought it was safe to geek with me again! D
If only I didn't have to wake up - probably could have seen the whole "movie" and participated in the "autograph session" as well as the, "Q&A", if I'd been allowed to sleep for a few more hours, LOL!!!! But when you got bills to pay, a 2-year old Daughter, a Wife, and a house, you gotta prioritize. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Frequency NecroKat
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 1:05 PM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:
If only I didn't have to wake up - probably could have seen the whole "movie" and participated in the "autograph session" as well as the, "Q&A", if I'd been allowed to sleep for a few more hours, LOL!!!! But when you got bills to pay, a 2-year old Daughter, a Wife, and a house, you gotta prioritize.

Gotta take care of the missus and the little'un, of course.

If you have a part two to your dream, you had better tell us what it's what like. Then in 2011, we can see if you have a hidden precognitive gift. :P

Sooo... do you remember what kind of shirt was The Dude wearing? I love his shirts.

TRON.dll Wrote:Oh, and Frequency, I noticed somethin about your sig. Flynn looks like Han Solo, Ram looks like Bill S. Preston, and TRON looks like some other movie character not played by Boxleitner.

Frequency NecroKat
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 1:06 PM
Edit: ARGH. I double posted already? My bad. My internet is being slow and screwy. :x

RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 1:11 PM
Frequency NecroKat Wrote:ARGH. I double posted already? My bad. My internet is being slow and screwy. :x

If I have another TR2N or TR1N or TRON-related dream, rest assured I'm going to share it with all you programs here in the sector.

As far as what "The Dude" (I' still haven't seen that movie, but TRON, and Arlington Road were REALLY good) was wearing, I recall it being a dark top (maybe a brown leather jacket, white dress-casual shirt), and some dressy dark slacks. That's what I vaguely remember. Wish there was a device where you could actually record your dreams, like a VCR. That would be cool!

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 4:07 PM
Wow, once I had a TR2N-related dream, too. I dreamt that Sketch added a digico....

Woah. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 7:51 PM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:
Frequency NecroKat Wrote:ARGH. I double posted already? My bad. My internet is being slow and screwy. :x

If I have another TR2N or TR1N or TRON-related dream, rest assured I'm going to share it with all you programs here in the sector.

As far as what "The Dude" (I' still haven't seen that movie, but TRON, and Arlington Road were REALLY good) was wearing, I recall it being a dark top (maybe a brown leather jacket, white dress-casual shirt), and some dressy dark slacks. That's what I vaguely remember. Wish there was a device where you could actually record your dreams, like a VCR. That would be cool!

I'm totally going to invent that...
anyways, congratulations, you officilly joined the TRON Fans Who Are So Obsessed They Dream About It. So far you and I are the only members.
I once had a similar experience. I used to be way way way into Harry Potter, and shortyly before the 7th book came out, I dreamt I was reading it. No like theird-person-seeing-myself-read-it. I mean that there were coherent sentences. It was awesome.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, September, 04, 2008 9:43 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:you officilly joined the TRON Fans Who Are So Obsessed They Dream About It. So far TRON.dll, you and I are the only members.

Fixed.

PSN - TRON-dll

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, September, 06, 2008 2:08 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Cam_the_Man Wrote:you officilly joined the TRON Fans Who Are So Obsessed They Dream About It. So far TRON.dll, you and I are the only members.

Fixed.

lol
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

RenegadeProgram
User

on Tuesday, September, 09, 2008 9:43 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:

Fixed.

lol
Greetings, Programs. Just checkin' in - I haven't had any more Tron or TR2N-related dreams, however I was recently putting together a document at work, and I labelled it v.1., and I've ended a few conversations with, "End of Line", and people have actually understood where I got that from, LOL!!!!! Damn! I can't wait to see some more TR2N stuff! Will keep you guys posted on anymore TRON dreams I have, and anything else. End of Line.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, September, 09, 2008 10:03 PM
I can't even remember where I heard this, but Disney supposedly said something along the lines of "More on this next year".

Lookin' forwards to it.

If we don't hear anything about it next year, however, we may have to launch our secret weapon....

An ANGRY E-Mail!

PSN - TRON-dll

RenegadeProgram
User

on Tuesday, September, 09, 2008 10:05 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:I can't even remember where I heard this, but Disney supposedly said something along the lines of "More on this next year".

Lookin' forwards to it.

If we don't hear anything about it next year, however, we may have to launch our secret weapon....

An ANGRY E-Mail!

Or we could sick the grid bugs on 'em, LOL!!!!!

Zent
User

on Tuesday, September, 09, 2008 10:11 PM
Bah, I wish I could have such detailed dreams like that. My dreams are mostly random.

Frequency NecroKat
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2008 2:50 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:I can't even remember where I heard this, but Disney supposedly said something along the lines of "More on this next year".

Lookin' forwards to it.

An ANGRY E-Mail!

The ultimate weapon: It can wreak havoc in any company's inbox.

I sure hope there's TR2N info next year. I'm going to ComiCon again, and it would be hardcore awesome if they revealed more to us there! (Hopefully they'd be less sneaky about it, so I'd know what rooms to go to.)

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2008 6:24 PM
Zent Wrote:Bah, I wish I could have such detailed dreams like that. My dreams are mostly random.

Greetings, Zent and welcome to TRON-Sector!

I think one of the most interesting things about dreams is how strange they can be when you're experiencing them. I remember dreaming once about my office building full of twisted and contorted catwalks high above. It was an enormous place full of bizarre architecture and slightly futuristic technology, and yet it all seemed so normal to me in the dream. Once I woke up, I wondered how it all seemed perfectly normal for my office building to look like that. I love dreams - virtual & trippy experiences as realistic as true reality, but full of elements that only the subconscious mind can make up when disconnected from the conscious. I wish we could recreate that at will!

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2008 6:26 PM

Lookin' forwards to it.

An ANGRY E-Mail!

I love your new avatar, TRON.dll!

You grew your own grid bug. Very cool.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2008 7:20 PM
I laughed when you said he proudly took out his tron helmet and put it on his head and then was like "Free Tron helmets!" but that would be so awesome if that actually happened.

I had a TR2N dream here a couple nights ago.

The setting is a cold Alaskan mountain, wind blowing, snow.. snowing as I and my buddies hike to a Soviet bridge across the bering strait. We fought some of the Russians and ran accross the bridge avoiding heavy fire. We continued walking through Siberian Russia to a Soviet base and in the cold we began hallucinating images of home and the tropics. I suddenly knew the ancients had predicted this. We made it there with only two of us left (my other two friends had died) and we snuck in the complex through a ventilation duct.

We made our way just above a room where there was alot of noise. WE looked through the grates and saw, of all things (and I'm not sure if any of you will remember), NoExcuse's wooden snake thingy from the Snakes on a Plane thread get digitized. I leaped into the beam and I found myself in another room in the soviet base only I was wearing a Tron suit. I turned out I was the chairman at some board meeting and they had expected me because I somehow fooled the Soviets with my Tron suit. I rezzed up a lightcycle and crashed through a wall and it turned out that I was the blue guy in the trailer!

Then they sent the yellow/green guy after me and I died.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY