General Discussion 
 Matrix Blaster, Vice Squad...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, September, 24, 2008 8:11 PM
...and Space Paranoids were the three of the five games Kevin Flynn created before Dillinger stole them. But what of the names of the other two? I did some research by watching the movie and looking up the names of the neon signs in the arcade for answers.

I have several possible answers:

Code Wars
Intruder (looks like "Incruder" in the movie)
Astro Gunner

and one other name, but it's so blurry in the movie that it's unreadable.

The other neon signs are actual games like "Zero Hour" and "The End".

Also, random goof time!

I discover this "Set" goof while watching the movie. Look at the floor that Cindy is sitting on. Someone must have moved the rug by accident:

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

VRAM
User

Re: Matrix Blaster, Vice Squad...

on Wednesday, September, 24, 2008 9:26 PM
Mr. Sinistar Wrote:...

Also, random goof time!

I discover this "Set" goof while watching the movie. Look at the floor that Cindy is sitting on. Someone must have moved the rug by accident:

Cool find Mr. Sinister! I mean, would've preferred it didn't exist, but nothing humans create is perfect, of course... not even TRON... Alan is seated at the left already in that scene, right?

EDIT: This does it!!! I mean, curse you Mr. Sinister! I was happy with my TRON movie the way it was before your 'goof time' contribution... Just check out all of these: http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1611

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

VRAM
User

on Friday, September, 26, 2008 12:42 AM
Anyways,

Mr. Sinistar Wrote:... But what of the names of the other two?

One of them was Meltdown (according to TRON's 4th draft script but because this is not directly addressed/stated in the movie, it's NOT considered to be TRON 'canon') and the other one was hinted at us either by Flynn when he says to Tron: "No big deal. I ought to know my way around that Light Cycles routine... I mean, I did write the program for it." (meaning he coded the cycles game) or somewhere inside FLYNN'S...

One thing's for sure, it's not:

Zero Hour (the 1981 copy of Space Invaders manufactured by Universal)
or
The End (the 1980 copy of a Konami classic manufactured by Stern)
or
Intruder (the 1980 coin-up video game by Taiyo System)
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

VRAM
User

Flynn's 5 videogames

on Monday, September, 29, 2008 1:40 PM
Mr. Sinistar!!! I just made a discovery of utmost importance to the 'official' TRON timeline! I now know where in the movie is proof of the 5 video games Flynn programmed!!!

Indeed, FLYNN'S arcade and the conversation Flynn, Alan and Lora have at the loft are key for 'deducting' this, but 5 "pair of words" can be seen to the right of FLYNN'S outside neon sign when Lora and Alan arrive to talk to Flynn... It's a much smaller 'white-colored background' sign with FLYNN'S logo and the names of the videogames!

Problem is they are unreadble with my DVD's 4x zoom option, however you can see how many letters each name has and you can come up with the correct name using the names we already know... for example:

Space Paranoids (the first one in red, just below FLYNN's logo)

Just below 'Space Paranoids' is a name in green that I think reads 'Vice Squad'.

Below this one and slightly to the right is a name in yellow. Unreadable to me right now.

Then there's what I believe reads 'Matrix Blaster' in green.

The last one's in green and I can come up with Astro Gunner.

So, taking this into account, 'Astro Gunner' is one of them two 'previously unknown' games indeed; the one in yellow is the last one we're looking for and the aforementioned Meltdown is NOT one of the games Flynn programmed.

Now, I think we can get additional information if we take a look at the neon signs inside FLYNN'S, all of them are readable except for the bright red one at the back... My guess is it reads STROBE ZONE but it matches the word count of the game name in yellow mentioned above, so there you go... it's pretty safe to say these are the 5 video games Kevin Flynn refers to when he said Dillinger "presented ENCOM with 5 video games".

Also, Mr. Steven Lisberger has a cameo appearance here inside FLYNN's walking from left to right, foreground to the back and greeting this blonde chick from FLYNN'S staff!

Qix77
User

on Thursday, October, 02, 2008 2:04 AM
Mr. Sinistar Wrote:...and Space Paranoids were the three of the five games Kevin Flynn created before Dillinger stole them. But what of the names of the other two? I did some research by watching the movie and looking up the names of the neon signs in the arcade for answers.

I have several possible answers:

Code Wars
Intruder (looks like "Incruder" in the movie)
Astro Gunner

and one other name, but it's so blurry in the movie that it's unreadable.

The other neon signs are actual games like "Zero Hour" and "The End".

Also, random goof time!

Very good eyes... We should have a blooper-EasterEgg section... I know we have one talking about easter eggs but not bloopers... I'll try to keep my eyes open for mishaps next time I'm watching.... Most likely they are in the 'real world' senes since the computer world was so carefully made with the black-screen removed.... but there are some good easter eggs in the computer world part..

BTW: I never liked 'The End' but it was a very popular game where I live back in the 80's. Never understood why.

VRAM
User

on Thursday, February, 25, 2010 10:35 AM
VRAM Wrote:

Mr. Sinistar!!! I just made a discovery of utmost importance to the 'official' TRON timeline! I now know where in the movie is proof of the 5 video games Flynn programmed!!!

... 5 "pair of words" can be seen to the right of FLYNN'S outside neon sign when Lora and Alan arrive to talk to Flynn... It's a much smaller 'white-colored background' sign with FLYNN'S logo and the names of the videogames!

I want to revive this thread for just one simple reason...

WHERE INSIDE THE ENCOM INTERNATIONAL WEBSITE IS THAT 'STROBE ZONE' GAME I ONCE FOUND!!!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

madopal
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 9:14 AM
I have the Del Rey novel that came out around the movie. Here's the scan of the output page after Flynn beams back out.

Obviously, that isn't canon, because it doesn't even mention Matrix Blaster.

But, if you look closely, the paragraph on Dillinger's desk looks suspiciously laid out like the one above.

Daddyo
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 9:22 AM
hmm... 5 programs, 5 password looking things, level protection 5

CaptainCR
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 10:28 AM
Daddyo Wrote:hmm... 5 programs, 5 password looking things, level protection 5

Daft Punk's Interstella 55555?
JK

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Histrion
User

on Sunday, February, 28, 2010 8:24 PM
Maybe Kevin Flynn's a Discordian. ;-)

Is there a law against texting while light-cycling?

Tron Fanatic
User

RE: Matrix Blaster, Vice Squad...

on Friday, November, 19, 2010 10:57 PM
Just for technicality's sake, it's not a rug, and it's not on the floor. It's a coffee tablecloth. Can't imagine why there'd be anyone there who could bump into it. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

'>

MCPcomputer
User

on Saturday, November, 20, 2010 1:24 PM

Wow I would love to get my hands on those video game Flynn made!
I Think space paranoids was ahead of it's time.. and would be fun to play even today!

I think we need more games like these in arcades. The Tron Arcade game is like one of the best video games ever made.

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

clu.exe
User

on Sunday, November, 21, 2010 1:45 AM
MCPcomputer Wrote:
Wow I would love to get my hands on those video game Flynn made!
I Think space paranoids was ahead of it's time.. and would be fun to play even today!

I think we need more games like these in arcades. The Tron Arcade game is like one of the best video games ever made.

you can play space paranoids at FlynnLives.com! it's fun too. hard even, which makes it so challenging even today. kinda scary when the reco gets too near to you hehehe

Singing: All I want for christmas is a Tron Legacy Identity Disc Replica...

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion