TRON: LEGACY 
 TRR2N environment

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ed keefe
User

TRR2N environment

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 3:45 AM
I know this is probably sacrilege but I have to say that I wasn't really looking forward to a TRON sequel! This was only because TRON, for me, was so perfect. I loved the vast, dark landscapes; the vehicles, especially the Light Cycles are perfect in form and function. The whole TRON universe is perfect. So how could it be updated without destroying the original? Especially given the changes in the computer games industry. I thought a TRON sequel would end up as a poor Matrix, but the trailer shows us that this is not the case. I love what I have seen so far. It really blew me away. I know that it's not easy to come up with second generation TRON vehicles and sets, but hats off to the visual artists, the new Cycle and 'Electronic World' are breathtaking. This has all got me wondering if their is a new Game Tank or Recognizer on the drawing board? So how about a fan art competition to let our imaginations go and see what we can come up with?

I am working on a TR2N recognizer .... what do we think?

ed

ed keefe
User

Re: TRR2N environment

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 3:50 AM
Sorry, this should probably be in the 'tr2n will deliver' by deadly-cookie. I'm still bad at following the threads

ed keefe
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 3:51 AM
oooooppppps I mean TR2N Environment order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 6:51 AM
I see what you mean. I've had feelings like this for some video games. However, usually after seeing first screenshots. I can't think of any said games at the moment, but I understand what you're saying. I think they nailed the environment dead-on.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 6:15 PM
ed keefe Wrote:I know this is probably sacrilege but I have to say that I wasn't really looking forward to a TRON sequel! This was only because TRON, for me, was so perfect. I loved the vast, dark landscapes; the vehicles, especially the Light Cycles are perfect in form and function. The whole TRON universe is perfect. So how could it be updated without destroying the original? Especially given the changes in the computer games industry. I thought a TRON sequel would end up as a poor Matrix, but the trailer shows us that this is not the case. I love what I have seen so far. It really blew me away. I know that it's not easy to come up with second generation TRON vehicles and sets, but hats off to the visual artists, the new Cycle and 'Electronic World' are breathtaking. This has all got me wondering if their is a new Game Tank or Recognizer on the drawing board? So how about a fan art competition to let our imaginations go and see what we can come up with?

I am working on a TR2N recognizer .... what do we think?

ed

I was also very leery of a TRON sequel. Part of me really wanted one, but at the same time, I was really worried that they'd completely destroy all that I found cool about TRON in the first place and go for some kind of garbage presentation that only kids under 20 would dig.

I have mixed feelings about what I saw in the proof of concept footage. After my initial excitement over a sequel and some pretty slick visuals, I found myself really worried about some of the elements. I think things were a little too shiny and I'm really concerned about the 100% CGI characters. Even blurry and low-res - CLU's face didn't look right to me, at least not in motion. It had very fakey, unreal motion to it. Not unreal as in good because it's inside a digital world, but unreal as in not better than any standard video game cut scene. I really expect more from something touting the name "TRON" than a souped up gaming cut scene. I'm getting off subject here...

For the most part, I am very excited about the sequel and hoping they'll make TR2N as new and innovative in 2011 as TRON was in 1982. The POC footage was cool, but not above par with today's visuals in anything. They've got some time to raise the bar though.

I think fan art based on the POC footage is a cool and interesting thing to explore. Now that some of the visual aesthetics have been revealed - what will things like recognizers look like? Will there even be recognizers?

You know what I REALLY want to see?

Grid bugs!

Bet no one has though about exploring that one yet. Any takers? How 'bout you, ed keefe?

You've done an awesome job on the new light cycle - especially considering how blurry the only reference you have is.

I'm looking forward to your TR2N recognizer and anything else you come up with. You nailed the original TRON look so well and have a great start on TR2N.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 6:37 PM
the reasons for Tron to be a moneymaker are contriversial. And, people weren't influenced by a computer because it was considered finite. There were very few who could make a film - code.

But, it has a few angles, and if it is to succeed it needs to be fully explored. On that topic, I fully agree with you Ed, and why you're skeptical.

The POV from programmers was a nuance at the time. Their ideas certainly played a role in the plot. That's why it was so interesting, the place where Tron was brought from - a game.

The concept that is inside your mind protects your code. Your game is to beat all odds to make perfect scores.

This was represented in such a broad and beautiful way, people were unaware that games are part of the plot. In a subtle way, it turned into something religious, and so forth, perhaps because how it was presented portrayed showing the notion of religion prescriptive of it's core programming code. That's fine, but it's an amazing thing besides heavier paradox.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

bluy20203
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 6:40 PM

Grid bugs!

dude i want to see some gridbugs!

but i hope there not different color >.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Daddyo
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 6:47 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:You know what I REALLY want to see?

Grid bugs!
That scene when these pop out in the original Tron were very cartoony, would be neat to see them in fully rendered action. Lasers on top of their heads haha
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 6:51 PM
Daddyo Wrote:
TheReelTodd Wrote:You know what I REALLY want to see?

Grid bugs!
That scene when these pop out in the original Tron were very cartoony, would be neat to see them in fully rendered action. Lasers on top of their heads haha

They looked awesome and were accurately animated in UserError.

Oh yeah, THAT'S what I was gonna do today. I'm gonna draw up some fanart later. I'll post here. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

Son of Sark
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 9:13 PM
I saw Bruce Boxleitner on the season premier of Heroes. I shouted " ALLEN ONE !". If the 3D graphics live up to the hype, I'm sure we can look forward to at least a trilogy box set many Christmas' from now ! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2008 9:43 PM
Son of Sark Wrote:I saw Bruce Boxleitner on the season premier of Heroes. I shouted " ALLEN ONE !". If the 3D graphics live up to the hype, I'm sure we can look forward to at least a trilogy box set many Christmas' from now !

TRON, TR2N, and TRON 2.0. That would be the best boxset evar.

PSN - TRON-dll

Qix77
User

on Thursday, October, 02, 2008 1:57 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Son of Sark Wrote:I saw Bruce Boxleitner on the season premier of Heroes. I shouted " ALLEN ONE !". If the 3D graphics live up to the hype, I'm sure we can look forward to at least a trilogy box set many Christmas' from now !

TRON, TR2N, and TRON 2.0. That would be the best boxset evar.

Agreed. All on one Blu-Ray... Well... all on one double layer Blu-Ray.... order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Tronzilla
User

on Thursday, October, 02, 2008 10:08 AM
TheReelTodd Wrote:I'm really concerned about the 100% CGI characters. Even blurry and low-res - CLU's face didn't look right to me, at least not in motion. It had very fakey, unreal motion to it. Not unreal as in good because it's inside a digital world, but unreal as in not better than any standard video game cut scene. I really expect more from something touting the name "TRON" than a souped up gaming cut scene.

That, my friend, is called the "uncanny valley". When something isn't stylized enough or not real enough, but is in a disturbing place between the two. A lot of CGI films are located here. Let's hope TR2N won't be.

Tron, Back to the Future, Clockstoppers, Bionicle, Wallace and Gromit,
It's All Good
O o
/¯/___________________________
| IM'MA FIRIN' MY PRANKSTAR!!!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

deadly_cookie
User

on Thursday, October, 02, 2008 10:45 AM
There was nothing wrong with the trailer, nor the faces. It all looked more than convincing to me. Hardly a cartoony look, I think it's all stylezed already.

I'm wondering about Tanks and Recongnizers too. I like how the tanks look in the original. I like the recognizer as well (note how edges are pixelsized lines, giving it a very sleek computerized 3d wireframe look). Eventhough they consist out of very basic geometrical shapes, the design itself (while a bit on the 'cheesy' side) remains perfect. Tron 2's design had a slightly altered look, but I prefer the original. But sure, the lightcycles/characters/world is modernized, so we can probably expect the same for the vehicles, hopefully for the better..

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, October, 02, 2008 3:50 PM
They hired the costume designer from 300, according to cirlin's post in the TR2N News thread. Perhaps the programs will be completely live action?

Based on what I saw, the character models for those programs in the trailer were probably the most convincing humanoid characters I've ever seen.

PSN - TRON-dll

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, October, 02, 2008 5:06 PM
Tronzilla Wrote:That, my friend, is called the "uncanny valley". When something isn't stylized enough or not real enough, but is in a disturbing place between the two. A lot of CGI films are located here. Let's hope TR2N won't be.

I know what you're talking about, but that's not what I meant with CLU. CLU didn't look creepy or uncanny to me, he just moved like a cut scene character would when they speak. I'll buy it in today's home gaming, but NOT in a TRON film. I'm hoping they do something so advanced and amazing in TR2N that it takes home gaming years to catch up. But POF CLU wasn't advanced or ahead of the game - he looked like he was rendered like a game's cut scene (just at a much higher resolution but the res doesn't count as much as the look and movement).

In terms of "uncanny valley" - I've never been there. I've heard about it, but I have yet to see something in a video game, or robotic creation, or whatever that gives me the creeps because it's human looking, but not quite human enough. I've seen some lame attempts and some better attempts, but nothing that creeped me out. I really don't get uncanny valley, or more accurately put, why people are given the creeps by something that isn't quite human enough but way more human than they're comfortable with or however that goes. BUT we should probably save that kind of thing for another thread.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread about TRR2N environment - with 2 R's so you can roll your tongue when you say it!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, October, 05, 2008 5:19 PM

As much as I - and all of us - wanted a sequel, I've always had this nagging doubt in the back of my mind saying: "maybe we'd be better off without one, because Disney will screw it up!"

Based on the teaser, my feelings are mixed. For the most part, it looks good. Already bringing Jeff Bridges back for just a teaser was a ballsy move, and I really appreciate that. It speaks volumes about where the sequel is headed. Flynn is definitely back.

The CGI is cool, and some parts of it are actually very faithful to Syd Mead's original concepts. Some people probably don't know that the Light Cycles we saw in the film, were actually not Syd's first design for them. He had to simplify the design because the CGI techniques at the time couldn't handle his first, more complex, design. Now, the teaser executed his original design perfectly.

But I'm not sure about all-CGI characters, and about how real some of the electronic world looks. I'd prefer if it had a tad more of a retro look, more like the original film.

All in all, I'm more hopeful than despaired about a sequel at this point. It looks like Disney might not "screw it up", after all.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, October, 05, 2008 6:06 PM
I remember looking at some concept art, and the one of Mead's original concepts for the LC was a scooter that the program would stand on. Overall though, I really loved how they turned out in the end.

Speaking of concept art, notice how some of TRON's concept art has a somewhat errie resemblance to the Lightcycle Staging Area from TRON 2.0. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

xalener
User

on Thursday, October, 23, 2008 5:41 PM

I have mixed feelings about what I saw in the proof of concept footage. After my initial excitement over a sequel and some pretty slick visuals, I found myself really worried about some of the elements. I think things were a little too shiny and I'm really concerned about the 100% CGI characters. Even blurry and low-res - CLU's face didn't look right to me, at least not in motion. It had very fakey, unreal motion to it.

Weird, because I thought that was the only element that was actually shot with a camera...

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRR2N environment