TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 NO INSTRUCTIONS??

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
LUCKYMAN
User

NO INSTRUCTIONS??

on Tuesday, October, 14, 2008 6:31 PM
I have a question if someone can help me.. I just purchased a TRON arcade machine and the game is missing where it asks you to hit fire to read the instructions on the PRESS PLAYER 1 OR PLAYER 2 screen. Which also leads me to say that its missing 6 attract mode screens which are screens that tell you how to play.. It shows the other attract mode screens where it shows the game modes, and other then that the game works perfect... IS there some way of turning these instructions back on?? There was a FREEPLAY chip installed that uses dip SW4 but when switched to off it turns FREEPLAY off so could it be the FREEPLAY CHIP?? Or is there 2 types of boards?

Please HELP!!

: Intel QX9650 3.0 12mb cache/ Intel X38bt/ Thermaltake V2/ EVGA GTX280 FTW editon(670mhz,1024mb)/ 2 gig DDR3/ X-FI FATAL1TY/(2) 150 gig WD Raptors/ Samsung 2232BW/ Razor Trantula keyboard/ Razor Diamond back mouse/Thermaltake Armor case

and DISCS OF ARCADE OWNER!
- USERS WROTE US, A USER EVEN WROTE YOU!

Compucore
User

Re: NO INSTRUCTIONS??

on Tuesday, October, 14, 2008 7:31 PM
Take a look at killer list of video games here for tron manuals in PDF format. There is also a link for Disc of tron as well.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10204

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

LUCKYMAN
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 4:34 AM
Thanks for your reply.. BUT i have the original manual and it says NOTHING about turning INSTRUCTIONS of in the game. This is like some kind of modded thing or some kinda chip installed.

as for KLOV yeah i have known about that site for a while now, good site isnt it??

: Intel QX9650 3.0 12mb cache/ Intel X38bt/ Thermaltake V2/ EVGA GTX280 FTW editon(670mhz,1024mb)/ 2 gig DDR3/ X-FI FATAL1TY/(2) 150 gig WD Raptors/ Samsung 2232BW/ Razor Trantula keyboard/ Razor Diamond back mouse/Thermaltake Armor case

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 8:45 AM
It is highly possible that a EPROM chip was not installed with the instruction set for it. Thats no problems I thought to bring it to your attention for it if it was actually the manual that you didn't have for it.

LUCKYMAN Wrote:Thanks for your reply.. BUT i have the original manual and it says NOTHING about turning INSTRUCTIONS of in the game. This is like some kind of modded thing or some kinda chip installed.

as for KLOV yeah i have known about that site for a while now, good site isnt it??

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2008 6:08 PM
LUCKYMAN Wrote:I have a question if someone can help me.. I just purchased a TRON arcade machine and the game is missing where it asks you to hit fire to read the instructions on the PRESS PLAYER 1 OR PLAYER 2 screen. Which also leads me to say that its missing 6 attract mode screens which are screens that tell you how to play.. It shows the other attract mode screens where it shows the game modes, and other then that the game works perfect... IS there some way of turning these instructions back on?? There was a FREEPLAY chip installed that uses dip SW4 but when switched to off it turns FREEPLAY off so could it be the FREEPLAY CHIP?? Or is there 2 types of boards?

Please HELP!!

Greetings, LUCKYMAN and welcome to TRON-Sector!

I'd say "LUCKYMAN" is a fitting name for someone who's landed their own TRON arcade machine! I know that's how I'd be feeling if I acquired one myself.

There are a few other TRON arcade machine owners who are members here. Hopefully one of them will chime in soon and offer the information you need. Unfortunately, I don't have an arcade machine myself - just a Tomy TRON, which is mighty cool, but not quite the same.

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

LUCKYMAN
User

on Thursday, October, 16, 2008 3:35 PM

Thanks reeltodd i am enjoying myself alot here.. Im glad i found this site. Yes i guess you could say im a luckyman in finding a tron machine and a perfect one at that.. But LUCKYMAN is my handle that i use when i play PC FPS games. I am a big BATTLEFIELD 2142,F.E.A.R., and TRON2.0 player .. (i am going to change that sig to something TRON soon) Anyways thanks for the welcome!!

P.S. I also have the TOMY TRON handheld.. Got it off ebay awhile back.. It is cool, but you are right, its just not the arcade.....

Scucci
User

on Monday, January, 12, 2009 1:04 PM
The freeplay chip skips those screens. Since the code had to be edited to allow room for the instructions for free play. Even with DIP 4 off, and set to coin op mode, you still won't get those screens. The only option is to get a new chip for the machine. You just need to replace 1 chip... it'll be D2 on the CPU (middle) board. When you program the chip, make sure that you get the right one done... there are 3 different sets of chips (well, technically 4... but there wasn't a Freeplay chip done for the 4th set). I don't remember how the dates match up, but you'll need to look at the chips on your boards and get the dates off of them. Or, if you have a programmer... read the chips, and run the images through WinRom Ident, that will tell you what set of chips you have... then just take the ROM for D2 out of a MAME rom set and program that onto a chip for D2.... that'll give you back your full attract mode, but you will have to coin it up when you want to play.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 NO INSTRUCTIONS??