Other Games 
 I need a new game. Help?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Tim.H
User

I need a new game. Help?

on Wednesday, November, 12, 2008 7:39 AM
I already posted something very similar before, but now I don't care what game I find.

I'm looking for a new game that I can run at its highest possible settings (including 1680x1050). I want something that's going to impress the crap out of me and show me what my system is capable of (please see below). I really like first-person shooters. And I really love being able to use the mouse to control direction (mouse look) while left and right keys are strafe left and right while up and down is jump and crouch. Multiplayer is not necessary. In fact, I'd may never use it.

I just tried Unreal Tournament 3, but that really sucked. I thought maybe I'd get lucky and find that there was a story line like the first Unreal. I also found that I could only run it at 1024x768 with low nVidia Control Panel settings, and it was still a little choppy. It was a poor experience.

To give you an idea of what I like, I really enjoyed Unreal I, and I'm thoroughly enjoying Tron 2.0. But I also loved Freespace 2. In fact, I wish I could play it on this system, but it doesn't work very well. But Tron 2.0 is my favorite so far.

So, I'd like some guidance. And I'd prefer a game that I can purchase and download the same day!

Thank you for your help!

P.S. My current system specs are in my signature.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Memory: mushkin HP 2GB DDR2 800 (2 x 1GB), unlinked @ 800MHz, 4-5-4-11, 2.1v
GPU: EVGA 8600GTS SC 256MB x2 @ stock in SLI (256-P2-N765-AR)
Sound Card: X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1
Power Supply: Corsair HX520W
Case: Cooler Master 690
Monitor: Samsung 2253BW

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

Re: I need a new game. Help?

on Wednesday, November, 12, 2008 12:12 PM
Half-Life games are great FPSs. And Portal has one of the best storylines ever conceived. Team Fortress 2 is awesome but it's multiplayer only and I have trouble running it.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

LUCKYMAN
User

on Wednesday, November, 12, 2008 1:04 PM
You want COD4 and COD: World at War... Both games are optimized great for any specs... COD4 has probably one of the best SP FPS games...

Also F.E.A.R. can NEVER go wrong with F.E.A.R.

Wanna good MP?? BF2142... RULEZ!!!!
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

: Intel QX9650 3.0 12mb cache/ Intel X38bt/ Thermaltake V2/ EVGA GTX280 FTW editon(670mhz,1024mb)/ 2 gig DDR3/ X-FI FATAL1TY/(2) 150 gig WD Raptors/ Samsung 2232BW/ Razor Trantula keyboard/ Razor Diamond back mouse/Thermaltake Armor case

and DISCS OF ARCADE OWNER!
- USERS WROTE US, A USER EVEN WROTE YOU!

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, November, 12, 2008 4:05 PM
Tim.H Wrote:

I just tried Unreal Tournament 3, but that really sucked. I thought maybe I'd get lucky and find that there was a story line like the first Unreal.

I was told that one of the most annoying things about unreal was the fog in the maps, so since I remembered how to fix the fog, I'll share. Here's a screenshot, in the "My Games" folder inside My Documents, and so on. look at this screenshot, and since this file resets once you shut the game off, in the future, you can make a shortcut to it's location.

http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/j/Jademz/93217/ixodnwmrxy.jpg
There are several tweeks in there to improve your framerate, so if you just do a search you can see many settings ppl use to reduce framerate. hope that helps..
I haven't tried the singleplayer, what do you think of it, if you don't mind?

To give you an idea of what I like, I really enjoyed Unreal I, and I'm thoroughly enjoying Tron 2.0. But I also loved Freespace 2. In fact, I wish I could play it on this system, but it doesn't work very well. But Tron 2.0 is my favorite so far.

Most of the players in Tron are UT vets, I've noticed. It's cool to see more people who still say it's a favorite!

So, I'd like some guidance. And I'd prefer a game that I can purchase and download the same day!

I notice on steam, the top rated game is Fallout 3. I know I'm barely making minimum specs with my old 7600GS, but you should be setting yours high, a friend of mine has a card very similar, and his framerate went up when his card was maxed, for some reason.. certain things could improve your framerate rather than using lower settings.

Also, if you're getting bad framerate in some games and not others, you may want to shut down processes used in your firewall, then try to play it. I've experienced a problem w/ Portal and TF2 when my firewall didn't acknowledge that those are applications, until I turned it off trying to troubleshoot the cause.

I'd like to get crysis warhead also, it's very realistic looking, but if you have a nice Vcard that game is just mazing!

Good luck trying to find great game!

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, November, 12, 2008 4:09 PM
LUCKYMAN Wrote:You want COD4 and COD: World at War... Both games are optimized great for any specs... COD4 has probably one of the best SP FPS games...

Call of Duty 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2S3N0uSSho
That scene was #2 on ScrewAttack.com's "OMGWTF?!?" top ten countdown list.

F.E.A.R. was also made by Monolith, who made TRON 2.0.

Been thinkin' about 2142, because I'm into futuristic warfare in the snow, no, seriously. Are there any other games that allow that kind of an experience that's not Star Wars-related? lol

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, November, 12, 2008 4:10 PM
LUCKYMAN Wrote:You want COD4 and COD: World at War... Both games are optimized great for any specs... COD4 has probably one of the best SP FPS games...

I agree, COD4 was amazing looking especially in HD. Are ppl still playing BF2142?? man I have that thing on the shelf, great times playing all through battlefield, I liked the booster packs for BF2.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

LUCKYMAN
User

on Wednesday, November, 12, 2008 6:49 PM
yeah man ppl still play bf2142.. im on it everyday!!

TRON.DLL yep monolith, they make good games. like TRON, FEAR, ALIEN VS PREDATOR, etc...

Ive played the beta MP of COD5 for like the last couple of weeks (now its over cause the game is out) but anyways i think is BETTER then COD4... Now thats just me cause i like WWII atmosphere..

I think we need a SCI-FI COD!!!!! Now that would be cool.... Or a REVOLUTION (red coats against blue coats) .. with those kinda caliber guns... OMG!!!

As for BF2142 i think its the best game that comes close to war o the future.. Its not like a laser gun game which is my point!! Anyways BF2 is also good... i just think 2142 is better!!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

: Intel QX9650 3.0 12mb cache/ Intel X38bt/ Thermaltake V2/ EVGA GTX280 FTW editon(670mhz,1024mb)/ 2 gig DDR3/ X-FI FATAL1TY/(2) 150 gig WD Raptors/ Samsung 2232BW/ Razor Trantula keyboard/ Razor Diamond back mouse/Thermaltake Armor case

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, November, 12, 2008 7:49 PM
LUCKYMAN Wrote:I think we need a SCI-FI COD!!!!! Now that would be cool.... Or a REVOLUTION (red coats against blue coats) .. with those kinda caliber guns... OMG!!!

Yeah, I'd be fine with a futuristic CoD, as long as they do it correctly. When it comes to the style of futuristic games, I'm extremely picky, and BF2142 seems to hit the spot. Also, I really like the way the TurboGraphx-16 game "Military Madness" was designed. Been wantin' to do a side scrolling remake in GameMaker for years.

As for BF2142 i think its the best game that comes close to war o the future.. Its not like a laser gun game which is my point!! Anyways BF2 is also good... i just think 2142 is better!!

I personally think that it's okay to use laser guns and "blaster pistols" in some situations (i.e. Star Fox and Star Wars), and in other situations it's not (i.e. Battlefield 2142 and Military Madness). I think it really depends on the direction the game is going. So, if you want a really cool sci-fi game that is centered around being pure science fiction, then you'll wanna use lasers. However, if you're going for more of a realistic feel, then you'll want to use bullets being fired out of guns (or, if you can do it correctly, come up with something really random and awesome sounding like "supercooled plasma", even if it is an oxymoron). Then you've got your soundtrack, vehicles, weapon design, armor, and a boatload of other elements that can help give the player an authentic futuristic feel in the game.

No idea why I just wrote an entire essay about that but oh well...

Tips from the Game Design Guru, lol.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

Tim.H
User

on Thursday, November, 13, 2008 3:17 AM
Jademz:

I hate Unreal Tournament because it's not true to what Unreal started out as. I loved Unreal I because it was story-driven. I haven't played Unreal II, but I'm sure I would've loved that one as w`. I also liked Freespace 2. In fact, I'd stick to playing these three games, but Unreal I's graphics just don't do it for me anymore, and my system doesn't like Freespace 2. It's not WinXP, but my graphics card. I think it's too good for it or something.

Anyway, I bought UT3 from direct2drive.com hoping that, because there was a single-player element to it, I would find a story-driven game in there. But it was a major let-down for me. I felt cheated, ripped off, violated, scammed, etc. The game felt extremely empty in single-player mode. I assume that it was like playing multiplayer, but against the computer. But that is speculation as I have never played multiplayer for ANY game except for www.deathstarbattle.com. I just hated the whole aspect of, "spawn in, kill everyone, then you win." There's no imagination to that. There's no excitement. There's no substance! So, I immediately uninstalled it with malice.

So, I guess I should say that I am looking for a single-player game that is story-driven with pretty good graphics, but still allows me to crank everything as high as it will go. See, that's one of my favorite things about TRON 2.0: Everything is cranked as high as it will go in both the game, and in the nVidia Control Panel (16x Anisotropic filtering, and 16xQ for Anti-aliasing, "High Quality" for Texture Filtering quality, etc.), and it's still liquid-smooth!

I guess I'm beginning to see why people go SLI. lol lol lol

If I went SLI with what I have (two identical 8600GTS 256-P2-N765-AR's), will I notice an enormous increase in performance?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LUCKYMAN
User

on Thursday, November, 13, 2008 4:47 AM
Tim.H Wrote:If I went SLI with what I have (two identical 8600GTS 256-P2-N765-AR's), will I notice an enormous increase in performance?

not realy... SLI is for more AA performance.. I used to have 2 x1800xt CROSSFIRE ENABLED (which is ATIs SLI) and when i got my single 8800gtx it blew them 2 cards away!!..

You need dual or quad core... also somekind of card higher the 512mb...on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tim.H
User

on Thursday, November, 13, 2008 8:54 AM
LUCKYMAN Wrote:
Tim.H Wrote:If I went SLI with what I have (two identical 8600GTS 256-P2-N765-AR's), will I notice an enormous increase in performance?

not realy... SLI is for more AA performance.. I used to have 2 x1800xt CROSSFIRE ENABLED (which is ATIs SLI) and when i got my single 8800gtx it blew them 2 cards away!!..

You need dual or quad core... also somekind of card higher the 512mb...
I have a dual core. It's an E8400.

I already ordered my identical twin 8600GTS (the 256-P2-N765-AR), and it should be here on Monday. It was only about $85 after shipping, so it might be somewhat worth it.

Tim.H
User

on Saturday, November, 15, 2008 4:43 PM
I realize this sounds a bit contradictive, but what do you all think about Far Cry?

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, November, 15, 2008 9:05 PM
Tim.H Wrote:I realize this sounds a bit contradictive, but what do you all think about Far Cry?

Far Cry or Far Cry 2?

I heard really good things about Far Cry 2, but I know absolutely nothing about it, sorry.

Sometimes, local bookstores can have some 5-6 year old gems for $3-$4. Not the way to go if you're looking for graphics, but you can find some pretty addictive stuff real cheap.

Check out DEFCON. Freakin' masterpiece of a strategy game:

http://everybody-dies.com
I picked it up at a local bookstore for $5 about a month ago. It's best to try the demo first, though. If you love "Wargames", you'll love this. The game references it twice on the main menu. Plus, it's "the only game that allows players to rain nuclear death on the enemy and rack up kill counts in the TENS OF MILLIONS!"

PSN - TRON-dll

Tim.H
User

on Saturday, November, 15, 2008 9:59 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Tim.H Wrote:I realize this sounds a bit contradictive, but what do you all think about Far Cry?

Far Cry or Far Cry 2?

I heard really good things about Far Cry 2, but I know absolutely nothing about it, sorry.

Sometimes, local bookstores can have some 5-6 year old gems for $3-$4. Not the way to go if you're looking for graphics, but you can find some pretty addictive stuff real cheap.

Check out DEFCON. Freakin' masterpiece of a strategy game:

http://everybody-dies.com
I picked it up at a local bookstore for $5 about a month ago. It's best to try the demo first, though. If you love "Wargames", you'll love this. The game references it twice on the main menu. Plus, it's "the only game that allows players to rain nuclear death on the enemy and rack up kill counts in the TENS OF MILLIONS!"
Oh, when I Googled "Far Cry 2", all I got was information about it's future release date, but I didn't look at that date. Besides, I have a feeling my system will have a very hard time running Far Cry 2 up to my too-high standards.

In other words, I'm not considering Far Cry 2.

Jademz
User

on Sunday, November, 16, 2008 12:20 AM
Tim.H Wrote:Jademz:

I hate Unreal Tournament because it's not true to what Unreal started out as. I loved Unreal I because it was story-driven. I haven't played Unreal II, but I'm sure I would've loved that one as w`.

that is an admriable triait in a gamer. I've wanted to see the technique that sophisticated gamers prescribe to "new crap" gaming, obviously many of whom chose the console, out of fortune, not choice.

And since I don't play consoles regularly, -the good old days. the type of games I like are inbetween story driven and plot driven mechanisms... but I like them all I guess...

I would find a story-driven game in there. But it was a major let-down for me. I felt cheated, ripped off, violated, scammed, etc. The game felt extremely empty in single-player mode. I assume that it was like playing multiplayer, but against the computer. But that is speculation as I have never played multiplayer for ANY game except for www.deathstarbattle.com. I just hated the whole aspect of, "spawn in, kill everyone, then you win." There's no imagination to that. There's no excitement. There's no substance! So, I immediately uninstalled it with malice.

Yes, the environment was and always will seem to be a decoherence in games today.. where we look to entailment or metaphorical entailment(implications) in social environments today.

See, that's one of my favorite things about TRON 2.0: Everything is cranked as high as it will go in both the game, and in the nVidia Control Panel (16x Anisotropic filtering, and 16xQ for Anti-aliasing, "High Quality" for Texture Filtering quality, etc.), and it's still liquid-smooth!

It was a beautiful peice, no doubt like so many others, it has so much potential.

As for the SLI config. you will be fine w/ what you have, but.. 9800gt is going to toast what you have for a very small amt. in price.

Tim.H
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2008 9:52 PM
Jademz Wrote:
Tim.H Wrote:Jademz:

I hate Unreal Tournament because it's not true to what Unreal started out as. I loved Unreal I because it was story-driven. I haven't played Unreal II, but I'm sure I would've loved that one as w`.

that is an admriable triait in a gamer. I've wanted to see the technique that sophisticated gamers prescribe to "new crap" gaming, obviously many of whom chose the console, out of fortune, not choice.

And since I don't play consoles regularly, -the good old days. the type of games I like are inbetween story driven and plot driven mechanisms... but I like them all I guess...

I would find a story-driven game in there. But it was a major let-down for me. I felt cheated, ripped off, violated, scammed, etc. The game felt extremely empty in single-player mode. I assume that it was like playing multiplayer, but against the computer. But that is speculation as I have never played multiplayer for ANY game except for www.deathstarbattle.com. I just hated the whole aspect of, "spawn in, kill everyone, then you win." There's no imagination to that. There's no excitement. There's no substance! So, I immediately uninstalled it with malice.

Yes, the environment was and always will seem to be a decoherence in games today.. where we look to entailment or metaphorical entailment(implications) in social environments today.

See, that's one of my favorite things about TRON 2.0: Everything is cranked as high as it will go in both the game, and in the nVidia Control Panel (16x Anisotropic filtering, and 16xQ for Anti-aliasing, "High Quality" for Texture Filtering quality, etc.), and it's still liquid-smooth!

It was a beautiful peice, no doubt like so many others, it has so much potential.

As for the SLI config. you will be fine w/ what you have, but.. 9800gt is going to toast what you have for a very small amt. in price.
Greetings, program!

I apologize for ignoring the rest even though I read it, but I have some really good news. I am taking advantage of EVGA's Step-Up program using my new 8600GTS!

After looking at EVGA's Step-Up page, I decided upon the 9800 GTX+. I linked it to Newegg for a good look at it. Speaking of which, here's the 9800 GTX+ on nVidia.com.
I'm so excited. I can't believe this is actually happening!!! I'm not sure what else to say. lol

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Jademz
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2008 10:04 PM
Congradulations! that's awesome!
I hope you have a PSU that can power that thing. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Tim.H
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2008 11:23 PM
Jademz Wrote:Congradulations! that's awesome!
I hope you have a PSU that can power that thing.
Oh yeah, I definitely do. As you can see, I have a Corsair HX520W, so I'm covered. But it doesn't have enough power to do SLI for the 9800 GTX+. If I did that, then I'd upgrade to the HX620W.

According to eXtreme Outer Vision's PSU Calculator, I'm covered. In case you use it yourself, here are the settings I chose in order of appearance starting with the left side.

• System Type: Single Socket
  • Motherboard: High End - Desktop
  • CPU: E8400
  • CPU Utilization (TDP): 85% TDP (recommended)
  • Overclock my CPU!: Yes
  • Stock CPU speed (MHz): 3000 (default PSU calculator setting)
  • Stock Vcore (V): 1.2 (default PSU calculator setting)
  • Overclocked CPU speed (MHz): 4000
  • Overclocked Vcore (V): 1.30 (the PSU calculator won't allow 1.304)
  • RAM: 2 Sticks DDR2 SDRAM
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
  • Video Type: Single Card
  • Hard Drives: 2 SATA
  • SSD Drives (Solid State Disk): None
  • Drives: 1 DVD-RW/DVD+RW drive, and 1 DVD-ROM drive
  • PCI Cards: Sound Blaster - All Models
  • b]Additional PCI Card (avg): None
  • Additional PCI Express Cards: None
  • External Devices: 2 USB
  • Other Devices: Fan Controller (for the Tuniq Tower)
  • Cold Cathodes: None
  • Fans: 120mm: 2 regular, 2 LED
  • TEC Coolers: None
  • Water Cooling: None
  • Water Pumps: None
  • Water Cooling Kit: None
  • Pump Relay: None
  • System Load: 90% (recommended)
  • Capacitor Aging: 25%

Recommended PSU Wattage: 500w

Corsair HX Series Modular Power Supply
    Corsair was also voted "Best Power Supply Manufacturer 2008" by Custom PC's readers, too! hehe

So, if the HX520W doesn't hold up to a single 9800 GTX+, then I'll be surprised.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

• _____________________________________________________________________
    CPU: E8400 E0 @ 4.0GHz, 1.304v
    CPU Cooling: Tuniq Tower
    Motherboard: EVGA 680i

Jademz
    User

on Monday, November, 24, 2008 7:38 PM
    I'd get something a bit more beefy... that's kinda low wattage, and I don't think you'd lose energywise by getting a 600+W PSU. Video cards can be beasts. I'd be careful just incase.. with that vcard.
    Here's a upgraded system I'd like to get next:

System Type: Single Processor
    Motherboard: High End - Desktop
    CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950 2600 MHz Agena
    Overclocked: 3000 MHz, 1.35 V
    CPU Utilization (TDP): 85% TDP

RAM: 2 Sticks DDR3 SDRAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (700/1400)
    Video Type: Single Card

SCSI HDD 10,000 rpm: 2 HDDs

Flash SSD: 1 Drive
    DVD-RW/DVD+RW Drive: 1 Drive
    Floppy Drive: 1 Drive
    Additional PCI Card (avg): 1 Card
    PCI-e x1 Card: 1 Card

USB: 6 Devices
    IEEE-1394 FireWire: 1 Device

Fans
    Regular: 2 Fans 80mm;
    High Performance: 2 Fans 80mm; 2 Fans 120mm;

Cold Cathodes: 2 Cathodes

Keyboard and mouse: Yes

System Load: 90 %

Capacitor Aging (+ W %): 10 %

Recommended Wattage: 612 Watts

Current "game rig":

Manufacturer: Asus garbage 630 chipset
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 724 GB Total
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
    Monitor: CRT
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
    Speakers/Headphones: Saitek blue
    Keyboard: cheap
    Mouse: Razer copperhead, blue
    Mouse Surface: hardtop
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
    PSU: MSI BTX 460w model MS-4460-010
    Computer Case:Acrylic

TRON.dll
    User

on Monday, November, 24, 2008 8:49 PM
    Are you still lookin' for a new game, or did you find something?

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
    New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
    Forums 
     Other Games 
     I need a new game. Help?