TRON: LEGACY 
 How to ruin TR2N.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Overmind
User

How to ruin TR2N.

on Monday, November, 24, 2008 2:06 PM
With Lasseter as the plausible the force behind this project and with Lisberger in the producerteam I feel confident TR2N is in good hands. But what can go wrong?
If TR2N was to be bugged heavier than a baitstore?
If all the wrong people got their say? What would that be?

My sugestion on how to ruin TR2N are, among others, theese:

-Totaly ignore the lore in -
Let the film start wih a thriving and a happy
Flynn at the helm.
Reason: well. only a minority of the fans have played
that game and disney want to make a movie who
apeals also to the fans and nonfans.

-Add over the top references to political corect themes like
saving the planet. And if this film was made 2 years ago;
some Bush bashing to.-

Any more ideas on how to ruin the best movie ever to be made ?

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

Rahyuht
User

Re: How to ruin TR2N.

on Monday, November, 24, 2008 2:22 PM
Well I'm hoping It will do well,but I've had this thought also.

1. The lore from the first film has to be there & at least Tron 2.0's Jet maybe.I mean tron 2.0 was suppose to be a sequel.

2. I think the release date should be put off 1 more year sadly. 2012 would be the 30 year anniversary.

3. Also a big thing I think.Remember how hard It was to make Tron?At that time It was a pain to do but was done well.TR2N needs the same effort or more.Has to be way ahead of Its time like the last one.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

David1
User

on Monday, November, 24, 2008 4:28 PM

I'd say they need to consider expanding the concepts behind the first movie. Especially the para-religious concepts.

The game failed to do this to some extent, although it still captured the feeling of this throughout.

Forgetting to pay attention to this aspect and making it an "Adventure inside the computer" movie would be, IMHO, a real shame.

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, November, 24, 2008 6:25 PM
Overmind Wrote:My sugestion on how to ruin TR2N are, among others, theese:

-Totaly ignore the lore in ...

As much as I loved TRON 2.0, I really didn't care for the story line. I didn't like the premise of old, worn-down Alan, dead Laura, Flynn pretty much out of the picture, and Jet. That's the really, really short version of it. I've spelled out in better detail many of the story elements that bothered me in another thread some time back.

I hope they completely ignore the storyline of TRON 2.0 in TR2N. If they mention it at all, let it be only as a game based on the arcade game of TRON (as in a fictional game TRON based on the happenings of what took place in the fictional world of the original movie if that makes any sense).

I think I'm in the minority here, but to me, the storyline of TRON 2.0 was the weakest element in the game. The game as a whole was very entertaining and rates high in my book.

No offense to anyone who enjoyed the story. Just my opinion.

Anyone else not like the storyline of TRON 2.0? I think I remember a few of you chiming in about that.

Jademz
User

on Monday, November, 24, 2008 7:06 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:

Anyone else not like the storyline of TRON 2.0? I think I remember a few of you chiming in about that.

I agree, it was how they made the game to that particular story was what was weak, they rushed the game, and although the team was great, and talented, it's disney.

It has more potential than any other games I see, which is why I felt let down by the material they added. and subtracted.

nearly everyone loved the game back then, we were lead to believe disney would release more maps, source, and the servers were up for 2 years.. the dreams faded, which destroyed any potential Disney/gamers worked so hard for, had by ignoring us. And, probably never getting a crew of gifted mappers/modders/writers to help work w/ them.

Overmind:
Any more ideas on how to ruin the best movie ever to be made ?

Ignore me(or you) - where they do not make Tron and Tron 2.0 multiverse - in which synchronistic transpersonal conciousness analysis is an applied treatment to all physics, and computer sciences. And bad ass machines.

....but we know Encom has no ordinary interface.. right?
Dur, I dont know.. I could ramble about this all night, but it's still disney.

I'll try not to let that fact ruin my concentration, or the fact that I own 2 20th anniversary DVDs, 10+ tron 2.0 cds and have run a dedicated server for over 2 1/2 years solid, and I'm sure can count 20 people here(and elsewhere) whom enjoy Tron as much as I myself do, with the same appreciation I described.

Sorry I get a kick out of describing this outloud..

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, November, 24, 2008 8:41 PM
I dunno, I thought 2.0's storyline was very well executed.

So...many...plot-twists!

Of course, I loved every aspect of that game, so look who's talking, lol.
---------------------
Back on topic:

Any of these bands during the credits:
Jonas Brothers
Hannah Montana
-Insert modern techno/rave group here-

That would just kill it for me.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, November, 25, 2008 10:52 AM

We've already had a topic similar to this before, called "How to screw up Tron". But it's fun to visit this subject again.

I don't agree that Tron 2.0 should be totally ignored. Yes, I do think that the story in the game was not the greatest. I know I'm on record, as having stated that many times.

Based on what little I know about Steven Lisberger's script treatments for the sequel, one common theme among them was that Flynn DID leave Encom and became a recluse. Which is also what happened in the game. And based on the TR2N teaser, the same will be the case in the actual film.

TR2N can take plot points from Tron 2.0 and still use them, without people having had to play the game to enjoy the film. The sequel can drop hints about what's happened since the original, using parts of the Tron 2.0 story, and the audience can take this on faith as having happened in the meantime.

If they want to know more about the backstory, they can go play the game. If not, then no need to, in order to understand what's going on. And whatever parts of the game's story that wouldn't work for the film, can be left in Tron 2.0 where they belong. Since what works for a game, doesn't always on film.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, November, 25, 2008 11:46 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

We've already had a topic similar to this before, called "How to screw up Tron". But it's fun to visit this subject again.

I don't agree that Tron 2.0 should be totally ignored. Yes, I do think that the story in the game was not the greatest. I know I'm on record, as having stated that many times.

Based on what little I know about Steven Lisberger's script treatments for the sequel, one common theme among them was that Flynn DID leave Encom and became a recluse. Which is also what happened in the game. And based on the TR2N teaser, the same will be the case in the actual film.

TR2N can take plot points from Tron 2.0 and still use them, without people having had to play the game to enjoy the film. The sequel can drop hints about what's happened since the original, using parts of the Tron 2.0 story, and the audience can take this on faith as having happened in the meantime.

If they want to know more about the backstory, they can go play the game. If not, then no need to, in order to understand what's going on. And whatever parts of the game's story that wouldn't work for the film, can be left in Tron 2.0 where they belong. Since what works for a game, doesn't always on film.

I asked DaveTRON if Mr. Lisberger considered Tron 2.0 canon. Here's what he said:

DaveTRON Wrote
No. He didn't write it and it runs counter to the characters and themes he's already developed for TRON 2 the movie. However, I think he'd consider using some of it.

That seems to be the case with Flynn and him being a recluse.

But, yeah, I also agree that the storyline for Tron 2.0 didn't "do it" for me. Lora dying and no Flynn was sad and the whole thing with "Guest" and Mercury rerezzing was confusing.

However I do like Ma3a and Byte. I hope they make a return in TR2N or characters that look like them would make an appearance.

Also, the absolute worst thing they can do to ruin TR2N is...

having Miley Cyrus in it.

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

Tronzilla
User

on Tuesday, November, 25, 2008 12:25 PM
Firstly: Tron+cheesy pop music+Keanu Reeves cameo=Fail
Secondly: Would it be bad if they used some lore from the Tron comic book series?

Tron, Back to the Future, Clockstoppers, Bionicle, Wallace and Gromit,
It's All Good
O o
/¯/___________________________
| IM'MA FIRIN' MY PRANKSTAR!!!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Rahyuht
User

on Wednesday, November, 26, 2008 12:43 AM
Well I think they should add Jet into the movie & seeing how Flynn Is much older It would make since.Maybe a friendly duel also :P They don't have to add the story of 2.0 just add a actor for jet a young teen before the game takes place or same age as the game & don't add the story of 2.0

Ok I think I'm getting confused now I'll shut up lol

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, November, 26, 2008 1:36 AM
Rahyuht Wrote:Well I think they should add Jet into the movie & seeing how Flynn Is much older It would make since.Maybe a friendly duel also :P They don't have to add the story of 2.0 just add a actor for jet a young teen before the game takes place or same age as the game & don't add the story of 2.0

Ok I think I'm getting confused now I'll shut up lol

I think I had enough of Jet in 2.0. I hated his voice. If they changed it, though, it just wouldn't fit. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

Rahyuht
User

on Wednesday, November, 26, 2008 2:43 PM
It would be a actor though so the voice would be different.

doctorclu
User

on Saturday, November, 29, 2008 1:49 AM
How to ruin TR2N... ultimately, to not feature somehow the characters that we knew in TRON. (That is the summary of all I say below.)

You know, talking about the para-religion aspect of TRON, I was thinking that I had to agree with this. The direction I could see taking this to the Nth level is that we have two things that are going on here. Flynn has been in and out of the computer world. Flynn was away from Encom, tries to start his own business in the real world, and then realizes that things are wrong with the way the world is going, and realizes the root is from within the computers themselves.

Flynn finds his way back into the computer realm to help find and fix whatever the problem is far into the computers, far below what the users can find and probe in the real world.

Flynn becomes, in icon, the computer world's Messiah.

The greater being coming down from his high place to save the lowly programs. To become as the programs themselves to save them.

Part of the modern day allegory is that the computer world, the true processes, are hidden under layers and layers of code. Below graphical shells and multi-generational complex programming languages, there is the root, the life of these computers buried under it all. In the early 80's this was the computer and it was much much simplier. Decades later, this process is almost all but hidden. And behind all the pretty graphical interfaces masks something that is not exactly right.

Flynn is also aware that his old friend, his old flame, Laura, is also at the core of all this. Exactly how much of her is in the computer world, and in what form? Can even his user abilities save the woman he once loved, maybe does still?
-------------------

Well that is the angle I would take with this as a writer if I were to try to pick up the story with characters some 25 years later.

I think the key here is that we get to see more of the world we saw, and especially more of the characters we knew. TRON 2.0 gave us the story of Alan and Jet and passing references to Laura.

I think TR2N needs to tell the other side of the story, where Flynn went, what actually did happen to Laura (ultimately I think it would be good if she just APPEARED to be killed, but was actually stored or living in the computer world... and that Ma3a was just a reference pointer, an alias, of Laura's true location in the system), and since viewers may or may not see the TRON 2.0 game, I think either Alan or TRON would need to make some appearance just to make it all complete.

Honestly I think since TRON 2.0 deals so much with Jet and not with Flynn, that Jet should have as much an influence in this story as Flynn had in the other. This should be Flynn's story, and Jet needs to be referenced, but not show up.

In the end, I think the story of TRON, TRON 2.0, the TRON 2.0 comic series, and TR2N can all exist as ships all passing each other, all covering different ground of this epic world.

Tronzilla
User

on Saturday, November, 29, 2008 1:59 AM
Bravo, Doctorclu, Bravo.
You definatly know what you're talking about.

Tron, Back to the Future, Clockstoppers, Bionicle, Wallace and Gromit,
It's All Good
O o
/¯/___________________________
| IM'MA FIRIN' MY PRANKSTAR!!!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, November, 29, 2008 2:13 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:
Overmind Wrote:My sugestion on how to ruin TR2N are, among others, theese:

-Totaly ignore the lore in ...

As much as I loved TRON 2.0, I really didn't care for the story line. I didn't like the premise of old, worn-down Alan, dead Laura, Flynn pretty much out of the picture, and Jet. That's the really, really short version of it. I've spelled out in better detail many of the story elements that bothered me in another thread some time back.

I hope they completely ignore the storyline of TRON 2.0 in TR2N. If they mention it at all, let it be only as a game based on the arcade game of TRON (as in a fictional game TRON based on the happenings of what took place in the fictional world of the original movie if that makes any sense).

I think I'm in the minority here, but to me, the storyline of TRON 2.0 was the weakest element in the game. The game as a whole was very entertaining and rates high in my book.

Todd, if I'm unstanding you correctly, that was already done. the TRON arcade game was based on Flynn's experiences in the digital world. What would TRON 2.0 be based on?

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Oniell Ford
User

on Friday, December, 26, 2008 10:56 AM
How to ruin TR2N? By renaming it "TRZ" and not including the character named TRON...

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

deadly_cookie
User

on Sunday, December, 28, 2008 1:18 AM
TRZ will ruin it. (a flipped N?), unless it's justifiedly explained in the movie.
Tron 2.0 as well.
TR2N is subtle and makes perfect sense (and people automatically refer to it as Tron 2, or Tron sequel).

I disagree about Bruce's character (Tron) needing to come back, dispite the obvious that it's about Tron. Tron is about the WORLD which Tron is part of. He became something of a myth. Maybe Bruce is the new MCP?

Cheesyness will ruin it (weird terminologies: M3PO TRZ ZIP, PDA, INTERNET, FIREWALL), too much dialogue will ruin it (it has to be easy to digest, as the main interest of Tron is the ART/world of Tron, not so much the characters). Main characters revolving around Bridges/Bruce alone isn't too good either. Either Bridges avatar is the main character (which he controls by meditating), or new characters entirely.

TRON 2.0 game does not exist (not relevant) to either movie (movies are movies/games are games, the two don't mix, exactly what kind of ruined the matrix as the game sort of interweaves with the movies). Any references to (especially) the game or the first movie isn't good. We all know what Tron is, and who played the characters in the first movie (only a fraction has played the game making it irrelevant). No reason to re-introduce/re-elaborate/re-explain, not relevant. Reuniting characters isn't particularly interesting if you want to keep it fresh and new. TRON was a given, TR2N needs to take things to the next level. Bridges (being something of a reclusive) was a nice touch as a cameo appearance thing (sort of suggesting TR2N will be something for the next generation), bringing back Bruce is a bit too much.

I'm already worried that this movie will turn out cheesy, esp. with the TRZ name-change. Next thing they'll be bringing back Wendy Carlos to do music scores. Things change, time changes. Keep it fresh and new (and static/dark).order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, December, 28, 2008 12:53 PM
You guys know that the TRZ deal wasn't true, right?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

Jademz
User

on Sunday, December, 28, 2008 11:40 PM
deadly_cookie Wrote:TR2N is subtle and makes perfect sense (and people automatically refer to it as Tron 2, or Tron sequel).

I think it makes some sense, but not much. They are only using that for a nickname, or it would be like TR3N. Maybe for a title it seems cool, but using leetspeak only seems cool. It would be cool if it wasn't a mystery, and made me want to see it, just reading some spin in the title. Yeah two.. I get it..

deadly_cookie Wrote:I disagree about Bruce's character (Tron) needing to come back, dispite the obvious that it's about Tron. Tron is about the WORLD which Tron is part of. He became something of a myth. Maybe Bruce is the new MCP?

I disagree. That title needs a commonality that lifts the original movie beyond as a phoenix.

I thought to myself after Mr. Sinistar reminded us of the mysterious atmosphere in the end of the trailer, that what makes more sense to me, and adds to the plot quite nicely, that Kevin Flynn is in some way the MCP in that plot. Even if I'm wrong, he jumped into the MCP, came out unscathed, and had a printout of the evidence he needed to prove his case with Ed Dillinger owning space paranoids, and maybe four other games. The MCP has alot of explaining to be had in this new film. How much control did he maintain inside Encom when flynn hopped in his core? Did Flynn actually destroy him, did he take control over him in some other form? The rumors of MCP being in the next movie are certainly something that piques my curiosity.

It's not hard to think that Flynn was in a control room, and may be watching over and controlling the the digital landscape from his mountaintop fortress. He could be willing to destroy Tron if he must to keep him from being caught by a foe, or to keep Tron from destroying another system, and finding out his user is the enemy, there's all sorts of scenarios.. I can't make a good guess from the trailer and rumors, so that's about all I can think of, aside from what's written the other TR2N thread.

deadly_cookie Wrote:Cheesyness will ruin it (weird terminologies: M3PO TRZ ZIP, PDA, INTERNET, FIREWALL), too much dialogue will ruin it (it has to be easy to digest, as the main interest of Tron is the ART/world of Tron, not so much the characters). Main characters revolving around Bridges/Bruce alone isn't too good either. Either Bridges avatar is the main character (which he controls by meditating), or new characters entirely.

That's a problem with the original. People were thrown off by that strange artistic world, and saw little attachment to the characters by the mediums available to them. Just the opening visual of Kevin Flynn on a Space Paranoids arcade game. The coincidence of these programs built in that one facility, and appeared similar coincidentally - because they were so advanced at the field of computer sciences, was what people couldn't digest by the visuals alone. Back then, to most - a computer programmer was unimaginable, but those programs were imaginable, some could easily manifest in a simulated world of the mind with so much reason. But, few had been saturated in games - they would play out the character in thier mind and they didn't get it. Today, AI programs are easier to visualize since the simpler forms didn't quite catch the mind's eye, and because people made several treatments to characters/avatars that gives reason to artificial intelligence in nearly every form and fasion. Look at the opening dialogue in Star Wars, a ton of dialogue expanded the universe, it was a fast paced full motion picture, but Tron was made completely differently, yet potentially more complex, having needed to show every manifestation. It just has a certain feel to it that pulls you into the digital realm. It needs the explination of the pride that goes into that universe. It needs to be full on Tron over the top. I'm sure atleast we can agree on that..

deadly_cookie Wrote:TRON 2.0 game does not exist (not relevant) to either movie (movies are movies/games are games, the two don't mix, exactly what kind of ruined the matrix as the game sort of interweaves with the movies). Any references to (especially) the game or the first movie isn't good. We all know what Tron is, and who played the characters in the first movie (only a fraction has played the game making it irrelevant). No reason to re-introduce/re-elaborate/re-explain, not relevant. Reuniting characters isn't particularly interesting if you want to keep it fresh and new. TRON was a given, TR2N needs to take things to the next level. Bridges (being something of a reclusive) was a nice touch as a cameo appearance thing (sort of suggesting TR2N will be something for the next generation), bringing back Bruce is a bit too much.

I'm already worried that this movie will turn out cheesy, esp. with the TRZ name-change. Next thing they'll be bringing back Wendy Carlos to do music scores. Things change, time changes. Keep it fresh and new (and static/dark).

The only thing I have to say, don't be paranoid. There is much more suitable material going into this then ever went into the game, and the original. ...And cross your fingers.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, December, 29, 2008 8:54 AM
Jademz Wrote:
deadly_cookie Wrote:TR2N is subtle and makes perfect sense (and people automatically refer to it as Tron 2, or Tron sequel).

I think it makes some sense, but not much. They are only using that for a nickname, or it would be like TR3N. Maybe for a title it seems cool, but using leetspeak only seems cool. It would be cool if it wasn't a mystery, and made me want to see it, just reading some spin in the title. Yeah two.. I get it..

No........

It's not leetspeak.

If it were leetspeak, it'd be T2ON, but that just doesn't look right. It's not leetspeak, rather, it's a play on the TRON font. Look: The upper half of the 2 is an O and the lower half is a 2. It's not leetspeak, and that wasn't the intention of whoever designed the teaser. The TR2N name just doesn't translate well if you're not viewing it in that particular font. It's all in the design of the 2. It's a 2 and an O combined. NOT LEETSPEAK!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 How to ruin TR2N.