Fan Fiction & Art 
 Tron 2.1 Complete.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
David1
User

Tron 2.1 Complete.

on Wednesday, November, 26, 2008 4:33 AM
Tron 2.1 Fanfic - Complete... click here to read.
Start Edit
Oops - Looks like HTML doesn't work anymore - Here's the manual link.
http://blackice.com.au/tron/
End Edit

Well, it's been a long time. One year, one month, one week and one day ago I digitised my mind into the writing of this fanfic.

For those who remember back that far, I was feeling a little dissapointed with the ending of Tron 2.0 and wrote an extension, leading on from right near the end. Just a single chapter in which Mercury and Jet shared a little more than we see in the game cut-scene.

From there, I was encouraged to add another chapter and I got a little carried away. Well, it's now complete.

With Thanksgiving coming up, I thought some of you who have been following the story might like to finish the last five chapters in a single run.

41 chapter, 300,000 words and 958 pages. (A5 8point).

That's more than half the size of Lord of the Rings, which they later broke up into three books!.

I swear, by the processor in my PC, that I never intended to write anything that long. But it's done now and it's finished.

I know I've had a few dedicated readers who have dutifully downloaded each chapter and passed on feedback - thankyou for that.

One day I might upload it to a fanfic site, although for the moment, it's an exclusive to the programs and conscripts of Tron-Sector.

Please leave me comments as you read it. There is nothing more I could ask than feedback on what you liked, you didn't like, how you felt it ended and what you think you would have liked more of. Be as critical as you will ! It's not like I'm going to stop writing chapters anymore (Yes, that was a Joke... I'm not going to be writing any more chapters unless you all hate the ending, in which case I might rewrite it to meet popular request).

Thanks to Disney and Steven Lisberger for creating these incredible worlds in which I've extended my imagination, worlds which influenced my career and my life.

David1

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Who hacked my .sig?

Jademz
User

Re: Tron 2.1 Complete.

on Thursday, November, 27, 2008 11:35 PM
I was going into shock reading the end, and I'm going to need a fix soon! jk.

Over all, I am so amazed. The cortex of computers described so professionally and combined and transformed using one of the greatest films - Tron's influence and the game release 21 years later, even if it was hammered together proved worth being taken to the level it deserves.

Thanks for your devotion David1, you used many years of knowledge and foresight and used it for something special to this group of individuals. I know you did well above my expectations, and brought your years of experience(s) you've provided, and delivered a beautiful story to my "level", and I can't thank you enough.

doctorclu
User

on Saturday, November, 29, 2008 2:03 AM

Sweet!!! More TRON!!

aldul
User

on Monday, December, 01, 2008 11:59 AM
To quote Homer Simpson: "Sweet merciful crap!!" (That's a good thing :-)

Freakin' unbelievable. This was total overload. It was drinking Tron from a firehose.

I can only hope TR2N is as good and fun as this was. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I wish I had the time to dump it all into a book format.

Mucho congratulations for sticking with this. Many folks start something. It's finishing that's the hard part, and you did it.

Kypduron1
User

on Wednesday, April, 14, 2010 5:09 AM
Mate, I'm only on chapter 6 but I am hooked... seriously have you thought about getting this story published, it's so good.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, April, 17, 2010 10:31 PM

Ah, yes! I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed your story, and yet I've never finished it. Now that we can view it in its entirety, shall certainly do so at my earliest convenience

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Jeric Hikari
User

on Wednesday, April, 28, 2010 11:37 AM
color me green with envy.

Bravo man. Bravo.

Cheapie TheatreGot five minutes to kill? Want to read a story? Here ya go.

David1
User

on Friday, July, 02, 2010 2:13 AM
Dupe.

Who hacked my .sig?

David1
User

on Friday, July, 02, 2010 2:13 AM

Nice to see people are still enjoying it... Now I'm learning to write original fiction, I realize how badly I wrote this fanfic and sincerely apologize for the atrocious spelling, grammar, repetition and myriad other sins I committed when I penned ( typed ) it.

I did enjoy writing it though and may one day clean it up... Make it a little more readable. I don't have any regrets about the plot or the original characters ( Jade was a lot of fun to write ).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how Tron Legacy turns out...

Thanks for all the comments too. I do drop by once in a while to see if anyone else has read it and it's nice to see some newer readers have enjoyed it also -

David1where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Who hacked my .sig?

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, September, 11, 2010 9:40 PM
It's an amazing story. I really like it. It is bookmarked and printed so I can read it when the net is down.

Spark

Edit: Can I borrow Jade for one of my own fanfics? Please? I'll give you the credit.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

David1
User

RE: Tron 2.1 Complete.

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 7:11 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:It's an amazing story. I really like it. It is bookmarked and printed so I can read it when the net is down.

Spark

Edit: Can I borrow Jade for one of my own fanfics? Please? I'll give you the credit.

Hi Spark,

That is a funny question... It would be a little bit hypocritical of me if I tried to make too much of a claim over Jade now wouldn't it? LoL! A Fanfic of a Fanfic Now we're into some seriously recursive programming program!

The only thing I would ask ( a request since I can't demand ) is that you try to keep her true to character... That is the only real sin of fanfic is writing a character out of character

And I am glad you've been enjoying the fanfic

David1.

Who hacked my .sig?

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 1:13 AM
Thanks!

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

David1
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 4:21 AM

Hi 10TonBrick - I have no objections. It's a fanfic so I can't really make any claims over it. However I am editing it and cleaning it slowly, so I don't know if you want to proceed as I clean the pages up or if you want to just translate everything. In translating, you'll probably fix up a lot anyway and I'm not planning on changing the story.

Sorry about the size. Monster is correct. I got a little carried away didn't I ?

It was supposed to be a few chapters long ( maybe 10 if it got big ) and ended up twice the size of a normal novel.

Though I did my best to keep the action going through every chapter and build the characters and tension.

I'll send you a PM so you can email me directly if you would like to chat more or ask me any questions -

Regards
Davidorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Who hacked my .sig?

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, February, 23, 2011 12:05 AM
LWSrocks Wrote:You are quite a good writer as can be plainly seen, but I'm curious about one thing... why did you dedicate yourself so heavily to a fan-fiction? All this time, you could have been working on inventing your own creative worlds and have profitable, publishable material. If I'm coming off as rude, please know that that is not my intention, and if I still seem out of line, let me know and I will edit the post.

As a fan-fiction writer myself, I can probably help answer that question. There is a difference between writing fan-fiction and writing original fiction. It's rather hard to explain, but when one of us(us being fan-fiction writers) watches a movie or plays a game, our minds come up with things that could happen in between scenes that aren't shown, or some "what would happen if character X did action Y differently?" scenarios. That's what we put into our fan-fiction. It's a different way of expressing oneself. Have I explained it properly, David?

Tron Lives!

David1
User

on Saturday, February, 26, 2011 10:44 PM
Yes, ShadowSpark, you explained it very nicely.

In my case, I had made several aborted attempts to write a novel over some time. I would write myself into a corner and never get out. Long story short, 2.1 was supposed to be a short story ( about 5 chapters ) but after I figured out the characters, they ran away with the plot and dragged me along for the ride.

The 2.1 fanfic was a marathon writing experience for me and gave me what I needed to find my own style and taught me to finish a complicated story.

Though my original inspiration was just sheer frustration at the unrealized relationship between Mercury and Jet. And I really wanted to see the Tron 2.0 story developed further.

So I wrote the Fanfic, starting with "What if Jet realized his love for Mercury just before the carrier broke apart." - Then the comment on the screensaver was just Jet's way of coping with his conflicted feelings.

Subsequently, I did write my own full-length original novel which is based around AI, Virtual worlds and Love between such characters. I describe it as military science fiction, but it also creates a new style of cyberpunk and has similar elements of romance as Tron 2.1 did.

So after more than 10 drafts and re-edits, I self-published it. So far, I have had very good reviews from the readers and they seem to enjoy it. I even released it as shareware though I don't know if that will work in Modern society. I suspect not.

I've written two other novels as well since and will rewrite one completely while the other I am changing at the moment.

I've met other writers who started with Fanfic and discovered that some writers even write fanfics of their own stories under a pseudonym. Especially if they had conflicted feelings about a plot decision they made and they want to investigate the "What If" scenario's themselves.

BTW, ShadowSpark, I am really looking forward to reading your Fanfic Are you still writing it?

David1.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Who hacked my .sig?

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, February, 26, 2011 11:36 PM
David1 Wrote:BTW, ShadowSpark, I am really looking forward to reading your Fanfic Are you still writing it?

Yes, I'm still working on it. 38 pages (comic sans 12pt) and it's about 1/4 done. I've been dragged off on some Legacy tangents - the plot bunnies won't leave me alone - but I'm working on it.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Tron 2.1 Complete.