Other Games 
 Lightcycle Color

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
chappaai
User

Lightcycle Color

on Monday, December, 01, 2008 8:12 PM
Before somebody says, "what, another lightcycle game?!", accept for the moment that a new one is being made as part of a triathlon-type game suite. Now, in the movie the Reds had blue cycles and the Blues had red, gold, and orange cycles. However, each lightcycle game produced, either "official" (Bally/Midway) or fan-developed, has had the Blues in blue cycles and oppenents in a rainbow of other colors - opposite of the film.

I'm wondering how players might react to a more-authentic approach in a new game (no multi-player, simply you against the machine) where your oppenents are in blue cycles. It would be truer to the film, and more difficult to play because after a bit it would be hard to tell which jetwall in the maze came from which cycle.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

death-program
User

Re: Lightcycle Color

on Monday, December, 01, 2008 8:14 PM
Joo made a game like this playable in a browser. But more lightcycle games are just fine with me!

------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

The is THE TRUTH ZOMGWTFBBQ

chappaai
User

on Monday, December, 01, 2008 8:31 PM
Checked it out, man that's hard with no tactical display. There also aren't any cycles, just jetwalls. I like the 3rd person camera approach with optional tactical display so the player feels like they're playing an interactive movie. I.e., The game has the look, feel, and sound of the film, but is a game that's not too hard (no fun if you simply cannot win) but also not too easy (no fun if there's no challenge).where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Jademz
User

on Monday, December, 01, 2008 9:29 PM
Personally, I choose to play colors is interchangably. The color is more important in each person(some people see them differently as well).
When Steven was making Tron he wanted the good guys to be orange and green, maybe red I don't recall. But, The color format was something disney requested, red vs. blue. it's old. the authentic color I would have to assume came from the original story board artwork. I'd prefer to each his own.

The engrams in colors makes it too easy. Just give a player a subtle ability to see his trail.. height, transparency, shadows, ect. Enemys are less transparent, or blend in better by the level, and more similar to the player.. perhaps.IMHO.

Sounds like you're up to something

chappaai
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2008 12:26 AM
I'm thinking the computer's cycle (e.g. MCP) will be blue and the game player's will be gold/yellow. That's enough contrast for visibility. Jetwalls won't be transparent, shadows will be present, and although we never got to see a cycle's gauges, I think we can assume there was some sort of tactical display that I'll have transparent over the game with an option to hide it for players wanting a greater challenge.

Yes, I'm up to something big, but I'd rather not give too much away until I at least have some demos ready, lest somebody appropriate my ideas and develop something sooner. You remember, "I'd like to go against you and see what you're made of..."? Well, if I get into code the game I've had in my head for 25 years, there will be a Tron game like no other online or offline. PCs have come a long way since I first starting coding this project in assembly and C++ on a Commodore64, and this game now has the capability of being everything I want it to be.

Another insight, imagine Discs of Tron with better graphics and sound, moving camera angles, and instead of trying to hit the oppenent you're trying to take out the rings they're standing on (gee, where'd I get that idea?) by targeting a ricochetting energy sphere off an overhead mirror between the opposing ring platforms. I have the graphics, camera angles, strategies, sounds, and algorithms all worked out, it's just a matter of finding time to implement it. There are other games on the grid too...abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Lightcycle Color