TRON: LEGACY 
 New Poll: TR2N or TRZ?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2008 8:09 PM

Since Disney has apparently decided to go with the even dumber name of TRZ for the sequel, I thought I'd create a poll about it.

TR2N or TRZ Poll
Vote on whether you prefer TR2N, TRZ, or something else. Let Disney know what you think.

I would embed the poll in my post here on Tron-Sector, if I could. But TS doesn't allow HTML in posts any more, for security reasons.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Jademz
User

Re: New Poll: TR2N or TRZ?

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2008 9:45 PM
Not to state the obvious.. I don't like being in a data-mining statistic, um.. so I'll state the obvious.

The closest any computerized laser lab will ever come close to the power of a machine like EN-511 in this lifetime is the Z-machine.

Capable of producing 2 billion degrees kelvin, hotter than H3 fusion-hot. and some people have the opinion that gamma radiation is the only thing powerful enough to pull a "digitization" stunt off, which means it could be some future tech on Tron's level of weirdness..

If, by some chance the director of Tron has the Z-M lab for his movie, I would say do it. this thing will blast a hole through a mountain. so be it. The technology must be up to par with True tech. I'm not for nor against stupid names if the companies involved are open to the original creators.

flynn1978
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2008 10:01 PM
It's gotta be TR2N It's perfect just like that!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2008 10:14 PM
flynn1978 Wrote:It's gotta be TR2N It's perfect just like that!

Ok, I don't think that name has anything to do with Tron. that being said, it's rediculous. The problem is probably people who got fired (hello economy)making up some news available which has nothing to do with us, as far as I care. TRZ is retarded I doubt there is a reason to name of a movie like Tron. haha... trz.

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2008 10:28 PM
Considering that TRZ is the identification code for an airport in India, I say we stick with TR2N to reduce confusion among TRON fans who look up airport codes.

I personally really liked , but everyone thought it was leetspeek (and it's not supposed to be) and bashed it to infinity.

I'm a little shaky on the idea of the plot synopsis that was revealed, it sounds too much like Star Wars or the original TRON to some extent.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, December, 10, 2008 7:47 PM
TR2N, please!

TRZ sounds like a disease!

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, December, 10, 2008 7:49 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:TR2N, please!

TRZ sounds like a disease!

Or TRZ Motorsports.

Sorry, Disney, looks like you'll have to come up with another crappy title that will kill the movie.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 10, 2008 8:14 PM
It's the 1981 Triumph TRZ!

Dean2TRZ
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, December, 10, 2008 9:08 PM
I *sigh* every time I see TRZ.

I hope it has nothing to do with "Tron" (the name) being owned by some other company. Isn't that the case? E.g., Tron.com is some non-Disney company doing something non-Disney-related.

*TRZ* Ugh.

*TRZ* Ouch. Ugh.

*TRZ* Ugh.

I feel like I'm getting shock treatment every time I hear *TRZ*

Ouch. Ugh.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 10, 2008 9:50 PM
Traahn Wrote:I *sigh* every time I see TRZ.

I hope it has nothing to do with "Tron" (the name) being owned by some other company. Isn't that the case? E.g., Tron.com is some non-Disney company doing something non-Disney-related.

I had a feeling that either they are on a budget and couldn't afford the extra effort, no just kidding, sorta, (I agree w/ your theory) if they downplay the worlds of Tron, and ignore it due to other competitors products, and worse, were lobbied to make it a stupid film, setting it back in "1982" they are lzr. The party(s) in question should be drawn and quartered.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, December, 10, 2008 10:49 PM
Yes, maybe the main characters in it will be Flyzz, TRZ, Yorzzi, RAMZZ, CLUZ, CROMZIZZLE, Bitzzy, Dumonz, Sarz and the evil MCZ. Oh, almost forgot.. Dizzinger, too.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

isMetaClass
User

on Wednesday, December, 10, 2008 11:22 PM
Jademz Wrote:
Traahn Wrote:I *sigh* every time I see TRZ.

I had a feeling that either they are on a budget and couldn't afford the extra effort, no just kidding, sorta, (I agree w/ your theory) if they downplay the worlds of Tron, and ignore it due to other competitors products, and worse, were lobbied to make it a stupid film, setting it back in "1982" they are lzr. The party(s) in question should be drawn and quartered.

they don't want to call it "TRON" because there is no TRON/Alan/Bruce

i hope not
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

Jademz
User

on Thursday, December, 11, 2008 6:52 AM
isMetaClass Wrote: they don't want to call it "TRON" because there is no TRON/Alan/Bruce

i hope not

Bruce said earlier this year, something to the effect that he wants to be in the next movie.

Too much grease and not enough machine if you ask me. maybe someone gummed the movie up in an effort to circumvent potential material going to future movies, or is using fear as a factor in making it memorable.

w/o the answers, it's not easy to guess, so I'll make opinion. If they made it like the original, they would have to live up to what it translates to. So they may be doing the same thing that doomed the first in making sub structured plots and anecdotes to make somebody happy, instead of retain what dignity the movie still has to bring it above the material that other film makers reveal to make award winning long lasting memories for everyone to enjoy.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 11, 2008 6:26 PM
I took the poll yesterday, but didn't have time to reply.

I'd prefer "TR2N" or "TRON 2" or "Kevin Flynn and the Digitizer of Doom".

Seriously, TR2N or TRON 2. I don't care for TRZ, at least not in use with a TRON film. As an acronym for Totally Retarded Zebra, it's fine, but not as a name of a TRON film. If they stick with TRZ, I'm a little worried about what other dumb things they're going to do with it. Then again - what's in a name, right? We all thought "The Phantom Menace" was a dumb name when it was first leaked to the pubic and then the film turned out to be... well dumb. Oh CRAP!

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 11, 2008 7:11 PM

TheReelTodd Wrote:If they stick with TRZ, I'm a little worried about what other dumb things they're going to do with it.
See, you're thinking just like me. People should care about the title.

Once the compromises start with such a dumb title, where do they end? It's a slippery slope. First it's just the title. Before you know it, they're consulting focus groups about every little thing. Are the costumes (CGI or otherwise) "hip" enough? Can we do product placements in the electronic world? Can we make it appeal to the street racing crowd? (Think of all the neon TR2N lights we can sell to street racers, who will put them on their cars!)

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

chappaai
User

on Thursday, December, 11, 2008 7:15 PM
TRZ is stupid. I mean, what is it? An acronym? A character in the story? Think about the T.V. and radio usage: how do you pronounce it? "Troz"? "Trez"? It's simply just a dumb title for a movie.

TR2N is better, but it's like $2 is better than $1. $2 is still a small amount of money. What's it supposed to be? "Tron 2" play on spelling?

Anything that makes any sort of reference to "Tron" is right out inappropriate if the character of Tron isn't one of the main characters the story, and certainly stupid if Tron isn't even IN the story at all. Also, since Tron is a character (albeit, a personification of a computer program), the character has already been defined and characterized by the actor Bruce Boxleitner. If he doesn't reprise his role as Tron in a sequel, then it becomes like the Batman films with a different actor playing Batman every few years. (How would it have been if an actor other than Mark Hamil played Luke Skywalker in The Empire Strikes Back? I appreciate the studios who at least attempt to make an effort at maintaining continuity with sequels.)

I pick a title that interesting represents what the film is about, even if the letters "T", "R", "N" (and sometimes "O") aren't in it. I also hope the movie is a sequel rather than a remake, and a good one too.

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, December, 11, 2008 8:03 PM
Hey, there's been plenty of great movies with bad names (or bad in my opinion at least). "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" is a horrible title. Why would I want to see that movie? Who's Bill and Ted? Why the heck should I care? "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure". Kinda funny, how that movie has plenty of great jokes that adults can enjoy, and yet it sounds like a children's movie. "UHF". That sounds like the most boring movie ever. A movie about a kind of television station that essentially no longer exists? Why should I watch it?!?

All examples of great movies with bad names. (the name-game, if you will)

I've always thought TRZ was pronounced either "T R Z" or "Turz", which sounds kinda like "turd" which really doesn't do too much good on the publicity side of things.

If they don't change it before 2009, and start advertising it as "TRZ" on that new television channel, then we're definitely screwed, and this movie will fail at the box office.

Every time I see TRZ I epic facepalm.

PSN - TRON-dll

xalener
User

on Sunday, December, 14, 2008 12:23 AM
Traahn Wrote:Yes, maybe the main characters in it will be Flyzz, TRZ, Yorzzi, RAMZZ, CLUZ, CROMZIZZLE, Bitzzy, Dumonz, Sarz and the evil MCZ. Oh, almost forgot.. Dizzinger, too.

Look out for that Sarz. Sarz is deadly.

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

isMetaClass
User

on Sunday, December, 14, 2008 9:23 AM
xalener Wrote:
Traahn Wrote:Yes, maybe the main characters in it will be Flyzz, TRZ, Yorzzi, RAMZZ, CLUZ, CROMZIZZLE, Bitzzy, Dumonz, Sarz and the evil MCZ. Oh, almost forgot.. Dizzinger, too.

Look out for that Sarz. Sarz is deadly.

fizzle jizzleabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

Clavet
User

on Wednesday, December, 17, 2008 9:44 AM
The Z in TRZ is supposed to be an N turned 90 degrees.

I prefer TR2N.

Cheers

Sebaswhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY