TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Got up to Tron TAG recognizers, 25 yrs later

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
digit
User

on Sunday, February, 15, 2009 11:28 PM
Well, it took a million years, but I got up to the Pascal level of screens. Finally, after all these years, we have recognizers!

Well, I admit to cheating. I used MAME's save state feature. Nice to have finally made it though. Oddly enough, I feel like I actually accomplished something grand and a great weight has been lifted off of me

Does anybody know if the game has an end? Is there a certain number of continues that you get, or does the game just stop letting you continue after you complete the 3rd set?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

TRON.dll
User

Re: Got up to Tron TAG recognizers, 25 yrs later

on Monday, February, 16, 2009 1:06 PM
If there is an end, it's probably just a killscreen. Almost all 80's videogames have one.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

digit
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2009 10:31 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:If there is an end, it's probably just a killscreen. Almost all 80's videogames have one.

The XBox live release for TRON looks pretty cool. The MCP cone is red.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/t/tronxboxlivearcade/

I wonder what other changes were made. Be cool if somebody made a ROM hack to change the colors of the MCP cone (red), the tanks (black), and the grid bugs (green). Maybe replace old TRON with CLU by turning him yellow.

If I knew more about compiling and running MAME in a debugging mode, I'd try it. Haven't had any luck with such things in the past however. Oh, well.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

achilles
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2009 3:40 PM
digit Wrote:Well, it took a million years, but I got up to the Pascal level of screens. Finally, after all these years, we have recognizers!

Well, I admit to cheating. I used MAME's save state feature. Nice to have finally made it though. Oddly enough, I feel like I actually accomplished something grand and a great weight has been lifted off of me

Does anybody know if the game has an end? Is there a certain number of continues that you get, or does the game just stop letting you continue after you complete the 3rd set?

?? I never knew...

sucks just last year as i was getting good at TAG (up to the third stage anyway) the arcade i go to (flipper mcCoys - virginia beach) got rid of both that and DOT.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

digit
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2009 4:09 PM
achilles Wrote:
digit Wrote:Well, it took a million years, but I got up to the Pascal level of screens. Finally, after all these years, we have recognizers!

Does anybody know if the game has an end? Is there a certain number of continues that you get, or does the game just stop letting you continue after you complete the 3rd set?

?? I never knew...

sucks just last year as i was getting good at TAG (up to the third stage anyway) the arcade i go to (flipper mcCoys - virginia beach) got rid of both that and DOT.

Oh, man. You had a tron machine near you. I haven't seen one of those in at leaslt 10 years. I've got a wizard of wor cabaret, but it isn't working. One of these years, it'll get fixed. I swear it.

I was actually not sure. I thought that I remembered recognizers, but I couldn't reach them because I could never get past the damn tanks on level 4. (

I'll be glad to email you my game save if you want to check them out.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

achilles
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2009 6:19 PM
digit Wrote:I'll be glad to email you my game save if you want to check them out.

dont know wat that is - how do you use it?
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

digit
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2009 10:37 PM
achilles Wrote:
digit Wrote:I'll be glad to email you my game save if you want to check them out.

dont know wat that is - how do you use it?

It's part of MAME's save state feature.

You basically do a snapshot of the emulator's memory contents. That memory snapshot is stored in a file. Then, you can load that file back into memory again, and you'll be back at the same spot where you were before. You can reload over and over again, until you finally get it right.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

achilles
User

on Wednesday, February, 18, 2009 10:03 AM
ahh. give me some time with that i dont really want to set up a MAME on my work comp i waste enough time as it is...

working on getting a new place - setting up a home office, etc - ill be able to play more games then.

really want to get into EVEorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

digit
User

on Wednesday, February, 18, 2009 10:11 AM
achilles Wrote:ahh. give me some time with that i dont really want to set up a MAME on my work comp i waste enough time as it is...

working on getting a new place - setting up a home office, etc - ill be able to play more games then.

really want to get into EVE

You don't need a computer to run some version of MAME. There are versions of MAME that will run on a softmodded xbox. I have like 6 of 'em. Additionally, an older version of MAME was made for the Sega Dreamcast. It's a little tricky to burn homebrew dreamcast CDs, but it's a bit easier than xbox softmodding.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

digit
User

on Wednesday, February, 18, 2009 10:17 AM
digit Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:If there is an end, it's probably just a killscreen. Almost all 80's videogames have one.

The XBox live release for TRON looks pretty cool. The MCP cone is red.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/t/tronxboxlivearcade/

I wonder what other changes were made. Be cool if somebody made a ROM hack to change the colors of the MCP cone (red), the tanks (black), and the grid bugs (green). Maybe replace old TRON with CLU by turning him yellow.

If I knew more about compiling and running MAME in a debugging mode, I'd try it. Haven't had any luck with such things in the past however. Oh, well.

Well, I tried it. No luck. I downloaded a version of MAME that has the internal debugger enabled. Either it was weak and buggy, or I just wasn't using it correctly. Rats. I'll ask around in some MAME newsgroups. Maybe I can inspire some other people to take a shot at it.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

achilles
User

on Wednesday, February, 18, 2009 1:30 PM
digit Wrote:You don't need a computer to run some version of MAME. There are versions of MAME that will run on a softmodded xbox. I have like 6 of 'em. Additionally, an older version of MAME was made for the Sega Dreamcast. It's a little tricky to burn homebrew dreamcast CDs, but it's a bit easier than xbox softmodding.

dont have any of those more likely to just use my computer

flynn1978
User

on Wednesday, February, 18, 2009 6:24 PM
Can you screenshot the Reco's for us?

I'd like to see them-Are they on the tanks level?

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

digit
User

on Friday, February, 20, 2009 7:32 AM
flynn1978 Wrote:Can you screenshot the Reco's for us?

I'd like to see them-Are they on the tanks level?

They are on the 5th level of tanks, and then again on the 7th. Level 6 just had tanks. They don't fire on you, but they are quite fast. I'm pretty sure that there's a level that has both recognizers and tanks, but I'm not certain about that, nor which level it might be.

I have nowhere to put the screenshot, but if you provide me with your email address, I'll email it to you. You can post the pic for others to check out.

Send your email address to kingofdos@hotmail.com.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Scucci
User

on Thursday, February, 26, 2009 10:57 PM
I think you can make them out in my YouTube video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV8jX_klxCw

I was just putzing around, but I could probably get a better picture of them later. I took my machine up to my friends arcade to earn a little extra money. And I won't be back up there till the weekend.

For what it's worth, I was sucking in that video... was kind of in a hurry to crank out the levels as fast as I could. I can now regularly get 400K on the game... no record or anything, but I'm happy with it.

isMetaClass
User

on Thursday, February, 26, 2009 11:29 PM
Scucci Wrote:I think you can make them out in my YouTube video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV8jX_klxCw

I was just putzing around, but I could probably get a better picture of them later. I took my machine up to my friends arcade to earn a little extra money. And I won't be back up there till the weekend.

For what it's worth, I was sucking in that video... was kind of in a hurry to crank out the levels as fast as I could. I can now regularly get 400K on the game... no record or anything, but I'm happy with it.

WOW!
there they are!!!
i LOVE that game but i've never been good enough to get there (i'm a Discs man)
thanks Scucci

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

digit
User

on Monday, March, 09, 2009 1:46 AM

There doesn't appear to be an end. I got through assembler, and then after that JCL. Never heard of that one actually. After that you reach the level of USER. I plowed through 3 levels of user. I guess it just keeps looping. There doesn't appear to be an end.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, March, 09, 2009 7:52 PM
digit Wrote:

There doesn't appear to be an end. I got through assembler, and then after that JCL. Never heard of that one actually. After that you reach the level of USER. I plowed through 3 levels of user. I guess it just keeps looping. There doesn't appear to be an end.

Well, that's what almost all 80's arcade games do, they just keep looping over and over again. But eventually, the game runs out of memory and can't run a stage correctly (usually VERY far into the game), and you just die or the game locks up. Some games, like Donkey Kong and Pac-Man, actually let you play through their killscreens. Killscreens are rarely seen, and in the case of Donkey Kong, has only been reached 3 times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_screen=

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

digit
User

on Tuesday, March, 10, 2009 12:16 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
digit Wrote:

There doesn't appear to be an end. I got through assembler, and then after that JCL. Never heard of that one actually. After that you reach the level of USER. I plowed through 3 levels of user. I guess it just keeps looping. There doesn't appear to be an end.

Well, that's what almost all 80's arcade games do, they just keep looping over and over again. But eventually, the game runs out of memory and can't run a stage correctly (usually VERY far into the game), and you just die or the game locks up. Some games, like Donkey Kong and Pac-Man, actually let you play through their killscreens. Killscreens are rarely seen, and in the case of Donkey Kong, has only been reached 3 times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_screen=

I got up to the recognizers without cheating. I'm getting pretty good, finally. I'm starting to be able to hold my own against these tanks
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

dctron
User

on Wednesday, March, 11, 2009 11:22 PM
Tron doesn't have a kill screen, but it does have an odd behavior due to the memory constraints in many arcade games. After level 255, the same level repeats for the rest of your game.

It caught me by surprise when I first saw it.

Tron WR 14,007,645

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade