TRON: LEGACY 
 Cindy Morgan in TRON Sequel petition

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 02, 2009 2:34 PM

No, it's not me making the petition this time.

Like I mentioned over in the TR2N News thread, some folks on IMDB have gotten together and did a protest/petition about Cindy Morgan still not being announced as having a role in the sequel.

I thought I'd post a link to the petition here, to help them out by spreading the word.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/cindymorgantron2
I don't know if it will work or not, but there's no harm in trying.

I don't know if mine worked or not, either. No one from Disney ever responded. But about a month after I mailed it in, Disney announced the sequel. That was a bizarro world moment for me.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Oniell Ford
User

Re: Cindy Morgan in TRON Sequel petition

on Monday, March, 02, 2009 3:56 PM
I am, without a doubt, going to sign this. My father is going to sign this, too. When I told him about it, he said "Heck yeah!"

I just pray that it is'nt too late for Cindy to be in it. Taking Cindy out of TRON is like taking Lightcycles out of it. It's just not the same.

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, March, 02, 2009 4:20 PM
Oniell Ford Wrote:I just pray that it is'nt too late for Cindy to be in it. Taking Cindy out of TRON is like taking Lightcycles out of it. It's just not the same.

SHHHHHHHHHH! You'll give Disney ideas!

Speaking of petitions, I can't help but think that TronFAQ's petition for TRON 2.0 support was a HUGE factor in this project getting the huge treatment it deserves. We may not get another patch update outta this, but at least we'll get a (very likely) really good movie. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, March, 03, 2009 1:46 PM

TRON.dll Wrote:Speaking of petitions, I can't help but think that TronFAQ's petition for TRON 2.0 support was a HUGE factor in this project getting the huge treatment it deserves. We may not get another patch update outta this, but at least we'll get a (very likely) really good movie.
Nah . . . I have no illusions that Disney wasn't already planning big things for the sequel at the point I sent in the petition.

But if the petition helped even in the slightest way, then it was worth the effort. Maybe they were deciding whether or not to greenlight the latest attempt, and seeing the petition plop on their desks on the 25th Anniversary acted as a tipping point, helping to show them that there was definitely still interest out there.

Doesn't matter. Just glad the sequel is finally being made.

At any rate, perhaps a petition about Cindy in the TRON sequel will have similar luck?

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, March, 03, 2009 3:23 PM
Maybe it was a good nudge to get them to notice that there is a fan base for tronmovie, games, and the what nots. I think it did have some kind of effect to it. As the old addage goes. Big things come in small packages.

I too also added my name to it as well. Lets hope that they do the right thing and make good on the movie sequel.

TronFAQ Wrote:

TRON.dll Wrote:Speaking of petitions, I can't help but think that TronFAQ's petition for TRON 2.0 support was a HUGE factor in this project getting the huge treatment it deserves. We may not get another patch update outta this, but at least we'll get a (very likely) really good movie.
Nah . . . I have no illusions that Disney wasn't already planning big things for the sequel at the point I sent in the petition.

But if the petition helped even in the slightest way, then it was worth the effort. Maybe they were deciding whether or not to greenlight the latest attempt, and seeing the petition plop on their desks on the 25th Anniversary acted as a tipping point, helping to show them that there was definitely still interest out there.

At any rate, perhaps a petition about Cindy in the TRON sequel will have similar luck?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, March, 03, 2009 4:29 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Yeah, but your petition, with the HUGE number of signatures requesting a sequel, definitely would've had to somehow give them quite a bit of a reassurance, making them feel that this movie WILL sell, thus influencing them to give it a massive budget.

I dunno. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, March, 03, 2009 8:09 PM
What was the total amount on the last petition for tron? I don't remember the count off hand over here. Was it several thousand? I remember when Tronfaq had posted it a long time ago. Lost track of how many there were after he had sent it in to disney.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 04, 2009 2:00 PM

Compucore Wrote:What was the total amount on the last petition for tron?
It was a little over 1,000 when I sent it in. Even though I mailed a hard copy, I decided to leave it open to collect more signatures. It's up to 1,500 now. It'll stay open until Disney announces details of the next TRON game.

Even though I pretty much knew it wouldn't help with TRON 2.0, maybe it helped for the sequel and maybe it will still help for the next game. Maybe Disney Interactive will learn from their mistakes, and not botch the support on the next game.

Yeah . . . and maybe pigs will sprout wings and fly, too.

Anyway, never mind about all that. Keep those signatures coming in on the Cindy Morgan petition, folks!

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

retrorandy
User

on Thursday, March, 26, 2009 2:57 AM
Hey everyone...thanks so much for signing the petition/getting the word out. It's not mine either, but I've been trying to gain momentum with it. Fifty people have signed it so far. Whoo Hoo!

Having interviewed her for retroCRUSH and knowing her as a friend for about 4 years now I can honestly tell you she is an absolutely wonderful person. I imagine this is THE last chance we'll get to see her reprise her role as Lora/Yori on the big screen.

It saddens me to know that Disney is excluding her from TRON 2 when they have both Jeff & Bruce onboard.

She's been the unofficial cheerleader in helping to keep the spirit of TRON alive by going to many conventions and talking to the many fans.

I've been trying to do everything I can to get her in this movie. I thank you in advance for anything other TRON & Lora/Lori fans can do to see that she's in it.

Also, a special thanks to tron-sector. What a great website with such a comprehensive history of TRON memorabilia, interviews, photos, etc. When the original TRON came out I & all of my friend had to go see it. Plus, the many quarters spent playing the incredible arcade game & in my case playing the 2 half way decent M-Network's cartridges on the Atari 2600. What a wonderful piece of pop culture history it all is!

Randy Waage

P.S. If you're on Facebook there's a group I created on the subject to try & get people organized. If you'd like to be an officer let me know.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=63624384592

P.P.S. I absolutely love what a Julie Sigler wrote about Cindy on the Wall of the FB group. I think it explains how crucial Cindy (Lora/Yori) was in the first movie & why she should deserves to be back for the sequel:

"Why would they even consider NOT bringing her back? I always saw Flynn, Alan, and Lora (and Flynn, Tron, and Yori) as a team. The Three Musketeers of the computer geek world. It was Lora who made the laser. It was Lora who decided to go see Flynn because she figured it was probably him hacking into the system. It was Yori who programmed the solar sailor. She wasn't just a throwaway female love interest character, and I'm upset that she seems to be treated as such. She deserves to be in the sequel.

Plus, in my own personal canon, Alan and Lora got married, and Tron and Yori are still fighting side by side."

achilles
User

on Thursday, March, 26, 2009 1:25 PM
* signing *

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, March, 26, 2009 5:56 PM
Signed. :B

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

retrorandy
User

on Friday, April, 17, 2009 6:41 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we're having a TRON fan photo contests over at the "Cindy in TRON 2" FB page:
http://tinyurl.com/troncontest
So grab a cocktail, grab a camera, snap a photo, then upload it. It can be your cat next to a TRON poster, your dog dressed as ram, your boyfriend as TRON, a tricked out TRON car, or YOU dressed as Yori. TRON 2 is coming in 2011, but you could win the chance to speak to Yori in person.

Winners will receive 2 personalized autographed photos of Cindy & a phone call from her!

HURRY! Contest ends June 30th.

Tell your friends, link this page from your website:

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, April, 17, 2009 8:55 PM

retrorandy Wrote:Tell your friends, link this page from your website:
Unfortunately, right now, unless you're a member at Facebook: you can't view that page. Methinks this needs to be changed.

Never mind. For some reason, Facebook doesn't seem to like Opera. It's working fine in Firefox and IE.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

retrorandy
User

on Friday, May, 08, 2009 12:23 AM
Want to do a quick shout out of congratulations to Cindy Morgan as Yori/Lora for being #14 in Maxim's Geek Goddesses through the ages!

http://www.maxim.com/girls/girls-of-maxim/79113/geek-goddesses-through-ages.html#14
Nice to see she's remembered in a popular babe magazine. Of course it's also got the lovely Lynda Carter, Erin Grey, and Jane Fonda (she's so cool in Barbarella...love that movie).

Cyberwolven
User

on Friday, May, 08, 2009 2:33 AM
Cindy Morgon in Tr2n/Tron 2, NOW.

Not next century in some bizzaro alternate universe, now.

I'm standing right now with my arms crossed (when I should be focusing on work -_-' ), still hoping for an announcement or hint.

Please be in Tron 2, pleaaaseeee? O.o;on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 08, 2009 5:52 AM

Hey, the effort to bring back Cindy got mentioned on the USA Today site.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2009/05/tron-lovers-vow-to-bring-back-lora.html
Cool.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Jademz
User

on Friday, May, 08, 2009 8:54 AM
Yeah the Maxim Magazine article and the USA Today article are very cool! Bring Cindy Back! order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Cyberwolven
User

on Friday, May, 08, 2009 9:58 AM
Awesome.

Now if we could get more signatures.:0

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, June, 11, 2009 8:42 AM

I am going to sign this!!

Cindy Morgan is so beautiful... I have a crush on her...

End of Line.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Jademz
User

on Saturday, June, 13, 2009 9:14 PM
I made a video for a few friends, so here it is: (maybe you've seen it?)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8xmfr_tron-epic-surprise_music

Cindy would be awesome in the new movie.. I hope they give her a part.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY