Other Games 
 Got another idea.....

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
digit
User

Got another idea.....

on Tuesday, March, 17, 2009 12:48 AM
OK. I learned a lot from my failure with Recognizer. I know that I can move the images it generates up, down, left, and right. I can't shrink or enlarge them, but I can at least move them around. Furthermore, I've continued to work on Torrent, and it's kicking butt right now. I've fixed everything that was wrong with it, and I added in a bunch of new stuff. I can now create great images very quickly.

My idea is to reproduce the scene where the tank is shooting across the abyss at the light cycles. You must hit a certain number of them to keep playing. I've got the background drawn, a scope, the light cycle, holes to put in the wall, and the circular orange explosions that create them.

I've got everything I need here to make the game, except for sound effects. I'm not worried about those yet.

If I can make a game of this, it shouldn't take too long. Maybe a week or two. I'll be back soon with more details, and possibly a prototype to download and try out.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Compucore
User

Re: Got another idea.....

on Tuesday, March, 17, 2009 10:46 AM
What programming language are you using? Visual Studio 2008 with the gaming sdk installed? Or dark basic which is the other one that I can think of right now.

Visuail studio 2008 express with the gaming sdk is free from micosoft.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

digit
User

on Tuesday, March, 17, 2009 1:08 PM
Compucore Wrote:What programming language are you using? Visual Studio 2008 with the gaming sdk installed? Or dark basic which is the other one that I can think of right now.

Well, my Torrent application spits out vb code. This prevents you from having to use bitamps. However, it could probably be easily made to spit out delphi or even C code. I've got vb5, delphi 2, vc++ 6, various borland C compilers, rapid-q, etc. There's no shortage of languages.

I would actually prefer this to be a dos program, just for the sake of simplicity and speed. Unfortunately, my current machine hates dos. My video card isn't supported, so everything is in black and white. No sound either.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, March, 17, 2009 2:01 PM
I know the feeling. I used to probem in Pascal and in C++ in Dos preffered that over the visual studio applications. Since that is what I had learned on minicomputers and microcomputers/PC's. I also have a wide variety of windows based including Jdeveloper and borland C++ forwindows version 6. for both laptop and desktop. Well if it is vista I can certainly understand. That is why I stuck with XP pro with service pack three on my workstations and 2003 and 2008 servers for my active directory IIS6 and II7. Two of them are testing machines with AMD CPU's in them and about 00 gig hard drives for data.

digit Wrote:
Compucore Wrote:What programming language are you using? Visual Studio 2008 with the gaming sdk installed? Or dark basic which is the other one that I can think of right now.

Well, my Torrent application spits out vb code. This prevents you from having to use bitamps. However, it could probably be easily made to spit out delphi or even C code. I've got vb5, delphi 2, vc++ 6, various borland C compilers, rapid-q, etc. There's no shortage of languages.

I would actually prefer this to be a dos program, just for the sake of simplicity and speed. Unfortunately, my current machine hates dos. My video card isn't supported, so everything is in black and white. No sound either.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

digit
User

on Tuesday, March, 17, 2009 11:39 PM
Compucore Wrote:I know the feeling. I used to probem in Pascal and in C++ in Dos preffered that over the visual studio applications. Since that is what I had learned on minicomputers and microcomputers/PC's. I also have a wide variety of windows based including Jdeveloper and borland C++ forwindows version 6. for both laptop and desktop. Well if it is vista I can certainly understand. That is why I stuck with XP pro with service pack three on my workstations and 2003 and 2008 servers for my active directory IIS6 and II7. Two of them are testing machines with AMD CPU's in them and about 00 gig hard drives for data.

Actually, I'm a windows 98 diehard. I couldn't see ever using vista, me, xp, etc. under any circumstance. Not that there's anything wrong with those. I just have a system that is now percectly configured for old school gaming. Well, almost anyway. Once in a while I have to replace my machine and something breaks. With this current machine that "something" was dos

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

digit
User

Here's the prototype.

on Tuesday, March, 17, 2009 11:52 PM
I made fast progress on this. That's usually a good sign. Mind you, this is only a prototype.

The goal here is to shoot lightcycles as they travel across the screen. One of the cool effects is you can blow holes in the walls.

This was specifically programmed to run at 640 x 480. It won't display correctly if you don't run it at a higher resolution. The glowing blue disc on the title screen looks unbelievable on my tv. God bless graphics cards with A/V output.

Here's the link.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=UmNMeW55Tk1YSHl4dnc9PQwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, March, 18, 2009 10:48 AM
I know and I don't try to convert anyone when it deals with what they are used to using when it comes to OS's I'm still a diehard command line user myself over here. And stick with ones that have it like Linux and unix's.

digit Wrote:
Compucore Wrote:I know the feeling. I used to probem in Pascal and in C++ in Dos preffered that over the visual studio applications. Since that is what I had learned on minicomputers and microcomputers/PC's. I also have a wide variety of windows based including Jdeveloper and borland C++ forwindows version 6. for both laptop and desktop. Well if it is vista I can certainly understand. That is why I stuck with XP pro with service pack three on my workstations and 2003 and 2008 servers for my active directory IIS6 and II7. Two of them are testing machines with AMD CPU's in them and about 00 gig hard drives for data.

Actually, I'm a windows 98 diehard. I couldn't see ever using vista, me, xp, etc. under any circumstance. Not that there's anything wrong with those. I just have a system that is now percectly configured for old school gaming. Well, almost anyway. Once in a while I have to replace my machine and something breaks. With this current machine that "something" was dos

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

digit
User

on Friday, March, 20, 2009 2:16 AM
digit Wrote:I made fast progress on this. That's usually a good sign. Mind you, this is only a prototype.

The goal here is to shoot lightcycles as they travel across the screen. One of the cool effects is you can blow holes in the walls.

This was specifically programmed to run at 640 x 480. It won't display correctly if you don't run it at a higher resolution. The glowing blue disc on the title screen looks unbelievable on my tv. God bless graphics cards with A/V output.

Here's the link.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=UmNMeW55Tk1YSHl4dnc9PQ

I'm still working on this. It's going really well!

+ I've got the lightcycles entering onto the screen from left to right and also from right to left.

+There's a much wider ramp for them now. That means there's various locations where they come onto the screen.

+They are moving quite fast, and they will often turn around and head back the way they came.

+I may be able to add recognizers. It's just a matter of trying to use Torrent to draw something that's pretty small. Well at least they'll be bigger than the lightcycle's are. I need to find some way to give Torrent a magnification feature.

+I'm getting rid of the mouse. I've added a scope. It's a green grid that covers a wide area. It can only be moved horizontally. Doesn't slow down perfornance very much at all (due to technical reasons.) It can be moved left and right with 1 and 2.

Well, that's the update. I need to create a new missile and new collision testing. Should be a lot more accurate this tiem. Also need to try to set up a timer to keep the game running at the same speed on all computers. Figuring this will be a "real" game in less than a week.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

digit
User

TRON ENVIRON ( )

on Friday, March, 20, 2009 7:40 PM
OK. Here is the program as it stands right now. I still need to regulate the speed that it runs at, and I want to add in recognizers, but it's very close to being a finished product here. The collision testing is excellent.

If anyone has any thoughts on improvements, feel free to comment.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=UmNMNnFCbEFqV0R2Wmc9PQ

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Got another idea.....