Tron 2.0 
 Running the game without the CD

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Cyberwolven
User

on Tuesday, March, 31, 2009 4:17 AM
I don't remember what thread I read about this and I can't find it so..yeah...:]
Anyways, I have a really noisy CD-drive on my laptop and it really gets annoying to have to hear it rumbling while trying to play Tron 2.0. :/ I also have to use my CD drive for other CDs n'stuff so, I don't want to have to leave it in the drive 24-7...or around my faulty bookshelf where the case can get smashed by a ton of textbooks.

I remember reading on another thread somewhere mentioning the possibility of a patch that lets you run your game without needing to insert the darn CD every time you want to play.

Was there actually one available, or am I just going loopy again? I find constantly shuffling between CDs very un-convenient.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Running the game without the CD

on Tuesday, March, 31, 2009 5:24 AM

The Unofficial Patch allows you to play the game without the CD.

I can't - and won't allow anyone to - post a link to a No-CD crack, because it's against TRON-Sector's policy. So, if you'd prefer not to use the Unofficial Patch (but trust me, there's no major downside to using it), then you'll have to use a Google search to find one.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, March, 31, 2009 6:18 AM
I have a file but I need to make sure it's not a crack:

it's a no-cd made by Mr. Anderson that has everything that the guy who made the unofficial still intact. He told me it wasn't, but just to make everyone happy I'll check.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Cyberwolven
User

on Tuesday, March, 31, 2009 5:20 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

The Unofficial Patch allows you to play the game without the CD.

I can't - and won't allow anyone to - post a link to a No-CD crack, because it's against TRON-Sector's policy. So, if you'd prefer not to use the Unofficial Patch (but trust me, there's no major downside to using it), then you'll have to use a Google search to find one.

Ah, yes. This was what I had in mind. It was this that I was looking for.

Yeah, I'd hate to get near any cracks because of the fact they were made to let non-payers play the game.

Jademz Wrote:I have a file but I need to make sure it's not a crack:

it's a no-cd made by Mr. Anderson that has everything that the guy who made the unofficial still intact. He told me it wasn't, but just to make everyone happy I'll check.

Well, the good thing is TronFAQ has the patch file, just in case you need it.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, March, 31, 2009 5:54 PM
Cyberwolven,

no I don't need it, I just asked my friend if he had one, he modified his Tron.exe to run w/o the CD. I was avoiding using the 1042.ceng patch for a reason..

The patch you have has known problems, as stated by Tronfaq. While I can't say all the details I will let you know what I know.

Riley was a disney employee, and made this patch I presume after he left disney, But I think that's right- There was alot of stuff you need from the 1042.c patch and even though you may not see the problems right off, those who played every day with that patch bitched and moaned until we stopped using it and reverted back.

He could not be found, or would not fix what he made, so the rest is history.

I have the CD fix here, should you want to reinstall the original patch, just overwrite that .exe with this one: http://www.filesavr.com/tron
Also, I don't use extra configurations to play custom maps, as I stated here, so feel free to try it if you like. I've had to search through the other forums to find the maps, only to find that it was somewhat difficult to get the map pack I wanted on both forums. (missing data - FYI guys)

I noticed a few filehosts are going down, so hopefully they can redirect those for others.

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=369318&pg=59

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, April, 01, 2009 1:51 AM

Jademz Wrote:The patch you have has known problems, as stated by Tronfaq.
There's only one problem with it. It affects people who want to host a multiplayer server. That's it. It's easily fixed.

Let me put it this way. I use the Unofficial Patch every day. Ever since it came out, over 5 years ago. It works just fine as long as you don't want to host a dedicated server.

Riley did a good job on it. Unfortunately he made one mistake, but like I said it's easily fixed.

Riley was a disney employee
What makes you think that?

He could not be found, or would not fix what he made, so the rest is history.
He did fix it. He sent me an updated dedicated server executable. But it was unnecessary. Swapping his dedicated server with the original, fixes the problem.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, April, 01, 2009 6:21 AM
Yeah, that sounds about right.. but I heard a different opinion about what was taken out. Like he doesn't know what he was doing with reguard to some things.. but I don't wan't to say anything that is wrong, so I'm not arguing any point, I wish him and the patch the best..

I heard he worked on Tron 2.0, and was relieved of duty from there, can't recall anything like who, what, and where.

I have an modified server too, but I don't think I can share it.. hehe.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0