TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON Comic-Con 2009 - Input

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Qix77
User

on Thursday, July, 09, 2009 2:38 AM
Didn't see anyone post anything about this yet. I got this from the following link.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090709005275&newsLang=en
This is what I found:

TRON (title not final) (In Disney Digital 3D™)

TRON is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (GARRETT HEDLUND), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (JEFF BRIDGES), looks into his father’s disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin’s loyal confidant (OLIVIA WILDE), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

Ok... so just for an FYI for everyone just in case.

Comic-Con International: San Diego
2009 JULY 23-26

Here's more links of stuff I found tonight: I think TronFAQ already had these up here and/or on his blog.

http://www.collider.com/2009/07/08/disney-propsand-costumes-invade-comic-con-tron-condorman-the-black-hole-more/
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/02/07/official-tron-2-trailer-to-premeire-at-2009-san-diego-comic-con/

TRON.dll
User

Re: TRON Comic-Con 2009 - Input

on Thursday, July, 09, 2009 7:36 AM
I feel like picking apart that plot outline one piece at a time:

Qix77 Wrote:TRON (title not final) (In Disney Digital 3D™)

THANK THE USERS (that the title's not final).

Also, I hope this movie is available in "old-school" 2D. Wearing 3D glasses over my actual glasses still provides a 3D effect, but makes the image blurrier than the bootleg trailer of TR2N from comicon.

TRON is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen.

So the first film wasn't captured on the big screen? Or this movie is nothing like the first film. Way to go, Disney Marketing.

Sam Flynn (GARRETT HEDLUND),

Wait, wasn't his name originally Sean Flynn?

the tech-savvy

No. Savvy is not a cool word. Do not use it. EVER. Especially when talking about TRON. Which, unlike most Disney properties today, actually IS cool.

27-year-old son

27 years before 2011 is 1982, the year TRON came out. TRON 2.0 had numerous references to the year 1982 (Jet was born in 1982 (another possible element linking the film together with the game), the EN12-82 mainframe, etc). This could have possibly originally been a reference to the year (considering the movie was originally supposed to come out in 2011). I think it's likely that Sam Flynn will be 26 in the movie (assuming it comes out in 2010), so that the reference works. It could also be somewhat of a story element, saying that, after Flynn's adventures in the computer in 1982, he found a woman he loved, and felt *inspired* to have a child due to his experiences in the computer, then having Sam the year after.

Yeah, I'm running outta ideas. Next:

of Kevin Flynn (JEFF BRIDGES), looks into his father’s disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years.

This is an interesting plot element, indeed. Sam would've been 2 years old at the time Flynn was digitized, thus he would've never met Flynn. Assuming the film takes place in the year 2010, Flynn would've been digitized in the year 1985, which eliminates the possibility of a flashback scene featuring Jeff Bridges. Sam would've essentially never met his father. Assuming Kevin Flynn's wife didn't know about the situation, she could assume that he left her, thus resulting in her not telling Sam about his father until (just a guess) Sam finds an old picture of his mom and Kevin Flynn at a wedding. He gets curious, his mom explains what happened. And that's where the story really picks up (and possibly, where we get the 1980's flashback scene, which may involve Flynn meeting his wife).

Along with Kevin’s loyal confidant (OLIVIA WILDE),

Sounds pretty good. Wikipedia says that confidants (which, for those who, like me, did not know until now, a confidant is a character that the lead character trusts) are "most common in romantic comedy films, but appear in other genres as well".

I really hate romantic comedies. They're romance films with so many failed attempts at jokes that the audience only laughs at because they know it's advertised as a romantic comedy film. If you advertised a romantic comedy film without the word comedy, no one would laugh because the jokes aren't funny.

father and son embark on a life-and-death journey

I'm a bit shaky about this. I just can't help but think that there's going to be some kind of moral that just kills the entire entertainment value. Is there a moral in the original TRON? No, it's "dethrone the corperate executive who's a real jerk and won't play Pole Position". The lack of a moral in TRON is one of the elements that made it so much different from any other Disney movie at the time.

across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

I like that.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, July, 09, 2009 3:03 PM

Qix77 Wrote:Here's more links of stuff I found tonight: I think TronFAQ already had these up here and/or on his blog.
Yeah, I pretty much had the "new TRON trailer coming to Comicon" rumor covered. But this press release is brand new, and confirms that the trailer really is going to be shown there.

Great find, Qix.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Jademz
User

on Thursday, July, 09, 2009 5:16 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't over think it Tron.dll.. they won't make us aware of the plot so we're left waiting and watching craziness. If anything we can take comfort that there are going to be several insiders at the '09 comic-con who will keep you and I informed of the news.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Thursday, July, 09, 2009 6:35 PM

It just occurred to me... I REALLYhope that TRON is shown in RealD. It's like 3D, but rather than wear glasses with one lense tinted blue and the other red, it has special lenses that only allow certain frams of the movie through, creating the illusion of 3D. An exxcellent example of this is the movie Coraline. So I'm for that 3D technology, rather than the blue-and-red glasses technology (which is in my opinion overplayed.)
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Oniell Ford
User

on Thursday, July, 09, 2009 11:43 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
blue-and-red glasses technology (which is in my opinion overplayed.)

And extremely dorky. Especially since one of Biff's punk friends wore them in "Back to The Future". Ya know? The kid that looked like J.J. Abrams? I think he was called 3-D in the movie or credits.

But I honestly don't think I can handle seeing another trailer of TRON 2. I don't think I'm prepared. I'm worried. What if I die of Epic TRON Awesomeness? What if permanantly get frozen stiff by the trailer until I actually see the movie? Oooohhh, the horror! The suspense is killing me!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

Qix77
User

on Thursday, July, 09, 2009 11:50 PM
I too think this description may be wrong. It was just a cut-n-paste thing I got from the site. Just saw it was new and decided to post it.

I really can't wait to see the new trailer. I want to see soooooooooooo much in such a short time that I want my head to explode and my chunks splattered all over my room so that someone would have to hire a bio-crew to clean it up but they forgot to use the name brand stuff to clean with and instead used brand-X only to find out that it doesn't work so they have to call in a better crew with the right product only to find that it won't clean up the blood so they have to alien technology that sometimes goes hey-wire and tries to take over the world and turn half the population into tacos.

.. or at least I would like to go, "Oh.. Freaking Awesome!!!".

Either which will do.

:P

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 10, 2009 4:36 AM

Cam_the_Man Wrote:rather than the blue-and-red glasses technology (which is in my opinion overplayed.)
Nah, anaglyph glasses (red and blue) to watch 3-D movies is ancient history now.

There are 3 newer 3-D formats today. RealD, Dolby 3D, and IMAX 3D. They all more or less work on the same principle, using LCD shutter glasses.

Disney is releasing all their films in what they call "Disney Digital 3-D", which is really just another name for RealD. Though I suspect TR2N will probably also see an IMAX 3D release, too.

xalener
User

on Friday, July, 10, 2009 2:44 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
It just occurred to me... I REALLYhope that TRON is shown in RealD. It's like 3D, but rather than wear glasses with one lense tinted blue and the other red, it has special lenses that only allow certain frams of the movie through, creating the illusion of 3D. An exxcellent example of this is the movie Coraline. So I'm for that 3D technology, rather than the blue-and-red glasses technology (which is in my opinion overplayed.)

Well, no.

I think it's more like this: The glasses just look like normal sunglasses, except one eye is polarized to let in certain types of light, and the other is polarized to let in the other. The movie screen projects both polarized images which are then seperated by the glasses. The color isn't affected, but the projection does have to be brightened a bit because of the darkening effect of the glasses.

I think THIS is what disney 3d does.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Jademz
User

on Friday, July, 10, 2009 3:31 PM
xalener WROTE
Well, no.

It will be more like this: The glasses just look like normal sunglasses, except one eye is polarized to let in certain types of light, and the other is polarized to let in the other. The movie screen projects both polarized images which are then seperated by the glasses. The color isn't affected, but the projection does have to be brightened a bit because of the darkening effect of the glasses.

I think THIS is what disney 3d does.

Here's Disney Digital 3D

edit: also DolbyD3Dedit.. I just re-read the thread.. man the heat here in florida is getting to me, I just deleted something I was babbling about, then didn't find a tag to fix the webpage.. ..(scratches head in amazement)

SuperScooby
User

on Friday, July, 10, 2009 7:26 PM

So, is this new trailer going to be officially released the same weekend?

Or will we only see it if we attend, or if some attendees are able to record it?on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 10, 2009 7:42 PM

SuperScooby Wrote:Or will we only see it if we attend, or if some attendees are able to record it?
Since the trailer is going to be shown in 3-D, recording it will prove to be a difficult prospect . . .

Nobody knows what the situation with the next trailer is, at this point. We can only guess. My guess is that it will be released online for download, but probably not the same weekend as it's presented at Comicon.

Jademz
User

on Friday, July, 10, 2009 8:26 PM
Yeah as is - if it's in 3D we will see a bright picture from the POV of the videographer, unless they know how to fix it. If it's recorded in the 3D format stated thus far.

if it's not, who knows.. I have insiders - if nothing is released otherwise to the public.

SuperScooby
User

on Friday, July, 10, 2009 9:19 PM
Jademz Wrote:Yeah as is - if it's in 3D we will see a bright picture from the POV of the videographer, unless they know how to fix it. If it's recorded in the 3D format stated thus far.

if it's not, who knows.. I have insiders - if nothing is released otherwise to the public.

I only wish that some of these insiders could release the trailer to us BEFORE Comicon. Now that would be something.

Alan, can I have some of your popcorn?

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Jademz
User

on Friday, July, 10, 2009 9:46 PM
I know it seems so real when the actors can make way for such a film, you have every memory on tap for a conclusion and it's a spoon fed crapola of magnificent proportions for the guys like us.

retrorandy
User

on Friday, July, 10, 2009 10:49 PM
I'm just personally surprised they aren't having a panel discussion dedicated exclusively to TRON. The fact that Tim Burton is going to be there along with Steven Lisberger should make it a complete madhouse.

It'll be my first year of going to Comic-Con and from the crowds I've seen in pictures I'm a little worried.

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, July, 11, 2009 12:11 AM
@SuperScooby_I dunno. It depends if these insiders are kind enough to share with us the video and whether or not they want to lose their heads.

@Retrocandy_watching Tim and Steven at a panel discussion will be like trying to drink tea with the Madhatter and the Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

aldul
User

on Saturday, July, 11, 2009 11:17 PM
I saw Up in 3D. The glasses were uncomfortable to wear over my glasses, and they kept falling off my 5 year old daughter's head. My wife, who's prone to migraines, wasn't thrilled with the glasses either.

I'd trade gimmicky effects for more time spent on the actual story any day. Up had a great story, and made us tear up (and laugh) several times. The 3D effect was completely unnecessary and I ended up missing a few scenes because we were wrestling with the glasses.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Jademz
User

on Sunday, July, 12, 2009 12:06 AM
uh.... woops, thought that was about tron.. lol!

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, July, 12, 2009 12:48 AM
I can't wait. I will be there in Hall H on Thurs bright and early. I will not miss it all all. I HATE getting up early in the morning, so there are few things that I will purposefully get up at 5:30-6 am in the morning for.

To see the new TR2N trailer, and in 3-D (RealD/ IMAX 3-D never bothered me at all) Heck yes I will get up that early to get down there from my hotel.

I even made a new sig banner. Let me know if you like it and anyone here that wants to use it can.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY