Other Games 
 Playing lightcycle games with PVC pipe controllers

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
RobotDancer42
User

on Sunday, July, 12, 2009 8:36 PM
I've built a couple of controllers for playing the GL-Tron lightcycle game (although both should work with any game that accepts mappable joystick button input) from PVC water pipe.

The first controller is made from PVC water pipe and some motorbike handgrips which are connected to the computer via a hacked USB joystick. The second controller uses the same idea but adds buttons to the handlebars of real motorbikes.

Both of them are straightforward to build if you have a spare afternoon (and a motorbike) and you're looking for some Tron-related fun with friends. You can see the bikes in action in this video.

EOL

Jademz
User

Re: Playing lightcycle games with PVC pipe controllers

on Sunday, July, 12, 2009 8:54 PM
very cool! looks like alot of fun, and glad you've made it back to Tron-Sector!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Daddyo
User

on Sunday, July, 12, 2009 10:49 PM
Nice! You're a hard-core fan hehe.

I saw some of your other videos, really neat stuff your doing. I tried to get plasma pong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_Pong and seems to be taken down by atari, oh well.

I always wondered what those vacuum hovercraft in the back of popular science looked like.

And now i'm reading how to rotoscope light sabers, looks like alot of work.

Cyberwolven
User

on Sunday, July, 12, 2009 11:47 PM
Cool! You're playing lightcyles, with real motorcycles! That would make an awesome arcade game.

P.s.Am I the only one here who doesn't doesn't know how to ride motorcycles/own one?:/

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games