TRON: LEGACY 
 A Question Regarding Clu

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Tron 3.0
User

A Question Regarding Clu

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 9:07 AM
Ok, so we know for sure the green program in the test teaser is Clu, Flynn's program for the original Tron movie. However, I just re-watched the movie recently, and didn't Clu get derezed by the MCP (Master Control Program for you non-fans) in the first movie? If so, how is he back in this movie?

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!!!"

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Tron Legacy- In Disney Digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D December 17, 2010!!!!!!!!

PSN: halo101

FusionAddict
User

Re: A Question Regarding Clu

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 9:27 AM
1) No sensible programmer doesn't back-up his code.

2) The MCP wanted to incorporate other programs into its system, so who is to say that when the MCP wasn't taken down that the absorbed code wasn't then released?

The Clu abides, man...

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 12:18 PM

Yep, it's possible that because the MCP "absorbed" Clu's code, it's able to create new copies of Clu.

But I read somewhere that:
Flynn wrote a new version of Clu, to move around the Encom system and carry out his wishes. To improve or make things better wherever possible. But Clu's programming somehow became corrupted. One guess as to who/what is responsible for that.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Tron 3.0
User

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 12:26 PM
FusionAddict Wrote:1) No sensible programmer doesn't back-up his code.

2) The MCP wanted to incorporate other programs into its system, so who is to say that when the MCP wasn't taken down that the absorbed code wasn't then released?

Hmmmm.... you've got a point there. So you're saying that Clu could've been either rerezed when the MCP got destroyed or that Flynn might've simply recreated him later on?

Oh, and another thing I noticed in the test teaser: when you see Flynn walk away from the window near the end, if you look closely near the top-right corner during the next shot, you'll see a tiny speck of a glimpse of him going back to whatever he was doing. This probably means Flynn IS in the computer wold after all.

Still why did he have Clu derez the blue program, anyway? I hope our hero hasn't gone to the dark side!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Tron 3.0
User

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 12:30 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Yep, it's possible that because the MCP "absorbed" Clu's code, it's able to create new copies of Clu.

But I read somewhere that:
Flynn wrote a new version of Clu, to move around the Encom system and carry out his wishes. To improve or make things better wherever possible. But Clu's programming somehow became corrupted. One guess as to who/what is responsible for that.

If that's true, that'll explain why Clu's green instead of blue; he's corrupted (as observed from the TRON 2.0 game). Then why didn't Flynn (or better yet, Tron) try and stop him? Now thay I think about it, Flynn looked kinda sad in the teaser. Wonder what happened to him...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

iGame3D
User

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 12:41 PM
The synopsis I read, perhaps on IMDB is that Flynn sent Clu out to create a better system in preparation for mankind's ascension from this world to the electronic.

However Clu get's his own ideas about what makes for a better system and has gone rogue.

While Clu rides around the system in his cool new super cycle, Flynn is buzzing around the system in his old school cycle.

Perhaps looking for TRON.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 4:28 PM
iGame3D Wrote:The synopsis I read, perhaps on IMDB is that Flynn sent Clu out to create a better system in preparation for mankind's ascension from this world to the electronic.

However Clu get's his own ideas about what makes for a better system and has gone rogue.

While Clu rides around the system in his cool new super cycle, Flynn is buzzing around the system in his old school cycle.

Perhaps looking for TRON.

Hadn't thought about that last line. Just 'cause Clu isn't some huge, terrifying entity doesn't he can't be exceptionally powerful, right? Well maybe Clu, in his corruption, has grown far too powerful even for Flynn, a User, to control. It was neevr outright denied that the MCP wouldn't be a part of the film, so possibly his code hs integrated with Clu's, or maybe Clu is the MCP's puppet while the MCP hides in the shadows. So Flynn digitzes himself into the system in some vain hope that he will be able to find TRON Legacy code and bring down Clu.

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

NickScratch
User

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 10:41 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Clu was clearly yellow and not green?

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 11:07 PM
The villain, which I still highly doubt is "Clu", trace lines are a green with a hit of yellow. Like this:

Which was the color of the corrupt programs in Tron 2.0

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

isMetaClass
User

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 11:24 PM
yeah, yellow and green

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

Traahn
User

on Monday, August, 03, 2009 1:00 AM
Here was my Clu theory from February. Although, I didn't say Clu because I figured Clu was gone...

Traahn wrote (2/24/09):Here's my theory for Tron 2. People keep wondering why Flynn is so evil in the test video, but I don't think he's evil.

I think users can now communicate with their programs via a Zen-like trance sync (quantum computing technology, maybe?)

I think his alter ego on the grid got temporarily corrupted somehow (thus, the greenish tones) and is running rampant doing bad things for a portion of time there during the movie. Normally nice; temporarily evil.

In the real world, however, Jeff Bridges is still nice -- he's not evil, as others think; it's just that his alter ego is corrupt. Nice by nature, but got corrupted somehow (the MCP maybe affected him).

Since Jeff Bridges communicates with his program via a meditation, he's able to "sense disturbances in the force," if you will. So when the corrupt alter ego goes to kill the other program that he's been chasing, Jeff feels that evil "disturbance" (something is not right in this usually nice program) and so his meditation is interrupted by the jolt of evil. He walks to the panoramic view of the game grid, which is a direct, open portal, streaming view of the grid -- a visualization of the direct mind-link he has with "the other world" -- to witness the evil disruption first hand.

In the end, I see the real world Jeff as being dismayed by the action; I don't feel he is evil himself. And I don't feel his alter ego on the grid is intrinsically evil either.

In retrospect, after the latest developments, I think I got the Flynn being nice thing right (thank goodness); and the program being temporarily corrupt thing right (thank goodness); and the quantum computing thing partially right (due to the sound snippets we heard at flynnlives.com). I like the latter one, but it kind've upsets me a little as I've been wanting to make my own Tron 2 story for a few years using quantum computing as a premise. Oh well, early bird catches the worm With the whole 'Flynn Lives' thing, I guess I may be wrong in saying Flynn is in the real world in this test reel. Maybe he's in an in-between 'quantum computing' limbo, or just in the computer world.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

FusionAddict
User

on Monday, August, 03, 2009 1:33 AM
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that the CC reel is exactly that...a REEL. And it may have little to do with the plot of the film itself. Indeed, that sequence may not even appear in the film. So it's far too early to speculate as to what this that or the other means.

The Clu abides, man...

Cyberwolven
User

on Monday, August, 03, 2009 2:09 AM
FusionAddict Wrote:I think everyone needs to keep in mind that the CC reel is exactly that...a REEL. And it may have little to do with the plot of the film itself. Indeed, that sequence may not even appear in the film. So it's far too early to speculate as to what this that or the other means.

Yeah, I've said the same thing too. Just wait until we see they real deal, man.

...It's amusing to see the responses of people that haven't seen that concept reel before. I've shown the old bootleg trailer a few close people and they were freaking out over it.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

laphtiya
User

on Monday, August, 03, 2009 6:05 AM
Yeah, the reel was just a "this is what we can do" clip. Probably using some concept designs or close to finish designs. I seriously don't think that there is much if any of the actual story in the trailer. Most teaser trailers have nothing to do with the story anyway. Well as far as I know :P

Jademz
User

on Monday, August, 03, 2009 6:21 AM
I didn't really think there would be the corruption shown in the Tron 2.0 game, but I'm starting to wonder.

I noticed that "Clu" while looking what was described here as a wound, and it was flashing while he looked down at it.

Not that there's any sort of clues in reguards to it, but it doesn't look like a communication device, but like Sinistar said, a wound, I think possibly the corruption infecting him.

Traahn
User

on Monday, August, 03, 2009 12:02 PM
FusionAddict - True, it's a test reel. I think it's fun to try and decipher it, though, as there's likely a bit of story behind it that Kosinski had in mind. I think I heard TronFAQ once say the "test reel" that was made for Transformers the movie ended up getting used in the actual film.

So, there's a chance this Tron reel could get used, as is (or
slightly modified/enhanced), in the film... and there's also a chance it has everything to do with the story Disney approved for the final movie.

I guess we either talk about the meaning of things we've seen, or shut down Tron-Sector until the movie launches so we stop speculating about concept art, test reels, rumours and gossip. Personally, I'm okay with the former; not the latter.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Jademz
User

on Monday, August, 03, 2009 7:33 PM
Jademz Wrote:I didn't really think there would be the corruption shown in the Tron 2.0 game, but I'm starting to wonder.

I noticed that "Clu" while looking what was described here as a wound, and it was flashing while he looked down at it.

Not that there's any sort of clues in reguards to it, but it doesn't look like a communication device, but like Sinistar said, a wound, I think possibly the corruption infecting him.

Changed my mind, he hit the blue guys wall, but- either Clu's code bleeds blue(clearly), and the green color thing may mean nothing, or this might be when he evolves a dislike for the games having no consequence. (which would make sense..)

I don't think the color means anything other than authority in the system.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, August, 04, 2009 2:41 AM
It's the Green-Yellow Program's shoulder pauldron(armor) piece that's glowing blue from possible damage.

The yellow-green trace lines maybe means "rogue program" or maybe "Elite Unit" (like the Warrior Elite under Sark & the MCP have red) that's "corrupt" but *not literally* a "Corrupted Program" like those in Tron 2.0.

I think the color is just a visual nod to the PC game's villains and nothing more.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, August, 04, 2009 6:17 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:It's the Green-Yellow Program's shoulder pauldron(armor) piece that's glowing blue from possible damage.

The yellow-green trace lines maybe means "rogue program" or maybe "Elite Unit" (like the Warrior Elite under Sark & the MCP have red) that's "corrupt" but *not literally* a "Corrupted Program" like those in Tron 2.0.

I think the color is just a visual nod to the PC game's villains and nothing more.

regarding the last two sentences, in the movie, that's correct. He could be an elite warrior. (also it would seem the hints point toward that)

edit: The green units seemed to me exclusively in what I'm calling the heavy artillery, tank division(movie). (I think in tron 2.0 they were "system" programs or something, just individually though, I never saw the color defined by areas inside the lightcycle grid in relation to a battle theme.)

visually, maybe it depends on which game we're talking about, Tron 2.0 PC didn't have a color code in lightcycle battle. the game grid opponents were all colors.

Yea the jetwall could be burned onto him also, but it looks like he's flashing blue underneath. I'm not sure that's the armor either, I think it's his code/color. who knows.

NickScratch
User

on Tuesday, August, 04, 2009 7:13 PM
Jademz Wrote:
Yea the jetwall could be burned onto him also, but it looks like he's flashing blue underneath. I'm not sure that's the armor either, I think it's his code/color. who knows.

Like a wireframe underneath his "skin".on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 A Question Regarding Clu