TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON: Legacy

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
tron04
User

on Wednesday, August, 12, 2009 11:46 AM
Instead of saying what you want, what is the worst that could happen in TRON: Legacy (2010)?

The worst they could put in this movie to ruin all that's going good for it. As far as we've seen that could happen with the Comic-Con events and the High Quality trailer released.

achilles
User

Re: TRON: Legacy

on Wednesday, August, 12, 2009 11:55 AM
too many "characters" that are all cgi.

I Am Legend is a perfect example of how too much cgi can ruin what could have been a great, believable film (as opposed to the Star Wars prequels which would have been awful regardless). maybe these folks could pull it off to a better degree with Legacy but seeing the promo in HD was a slight let-down for me because of that.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

zook_one
User

on Wednesday, August, 12, 2009 8:36 PM
Jar Jar Binks

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, August, 12, 2009 8:58 PM
I'm 99.0% certain the two characters in the test footage where in live actors in real body suits.

The CGI looked like real bikes and the enviroments look fully real and didn't look like CGI at all in my view.

I think it looked magnificant and outstanding for concept/test footage.

If you want to see dodgy and kind of "off" CGI see the "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" or even worse any of the Spy Kids movies.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

achilles
User

on Wednesday, August, 12, 2009 10:23 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:I'm 99.0% certain the two characters in the test footage where in live actors in real body suits.

digitized - not the same thing

The CGI looked like real bikes and the enviroments look fully real and didn't look like CGI at all in my view.

not talking about the environment or the bikes. what was so cool about the original was that the people were real people. as good as cgi is these days even in the promo the characters cant move like live actors. and a cgi face still cant convincingly replace a real face.

I think it looked magnificant and outstanding for concept/test footage.

indeed it did - and the test footage of that dude doing the flips gives me hope.

If you want to see dodgy and kind of "off" CGI see the "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" or even worse any of the Spy Kids movies.

no thanks. ill might go see it when i find out the exact time of the snake eyes/strom shadow fight scene so i can walk in and walk out of the theater just for that scene and not have the experience ruined by the rest of it.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, August, 12, 2009 10:33 PM
zook_one Wrote:Jar Jar Binks

lol too true.

Quite honestly, I'm a bit concerned in terms of storyline. It seems that they're focusing very strong on just the environment, and they've thrown in a "same old, same old" storyline that'll just "be there" kinda in the background.

It just seems to me that they're capitalizing on the environment and overall look of the world of TRON that's become so popular over the last couple of years.

I fear that, by the looks of the concept art and official explanations, they're kinda scrapping the numerous metaphors and deep plot. It seems that they're doing a remake that focuses on what the general public remembers TRON as, that being a CGI special effects fest from the 80's.

The original TRON was that, but it had a deep storyline and a script that was filled with metaphors. Now, programs are being depicted as citizens. They don't have any commands, they're just like regular people.

Regardless, I'm still very curious about the film and I'd love to learn more, but my fears lie within the story not being deep enough. Based on what we've seen, the religious references, metaphors, and the idea of merely being pulled into a computer are gone. Now, it's the idea of entering a different world, which has been done many times before.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, August, 12, 2009 10:58 PM
I'm very doubtful that the actors in the concept footage are entirely "digitized" maybe in some scenes the characters where CG, and maybe in some parts "digitized". but in many parts they didn't appear to really be "digitized" or CG.

I've watch "Beowulf" a few times, and well I also study 3-D modelling, and animation as part of my videogame art and design course I'm taking in College.

I've seen digited faces and some advaced mo-cap footage and how it's put together. So I can tell pretty darn well if a character is CG or real.

Well in the test footage the blue program running then jumps up, that looks like live action footage, that's then been blended semlessly with the CG of the Light cycle.

Some scenes with the bike are CG, some looks like a live, physical prop bike. The face of green-yellow program looks like the live actor's face and not "digitized" CG at all.

I've watched the test footage, live, in 3-D digital in Hall H at this years SD Comic Con I was right in front one of the screens (like only 10 feet from it or so) hanging from the ceiling.

Also, I 've watched the trailer online at the highest resolution about 2-3 times every day going over things nearly frame for frame.

The parts that are live action and the parts that are CG are imo 99.9% indistinguishable from what I am sure is live footage that's been composited into a CG enviroment.

The line between live actors and what is CG is practically indistiguishable in my view. According to Konsinski and Olivia Wilde alot of physical sets were built and alot of live footage was filmed.

I'm speculating (based on bits and pieces of info from several sources) some scenes is going to be live footage composited into the CGI, some of it will be mo-caped or "digitized", some scenes will be CG animation.

I'm confident, that once finished the film effects, live action, and cg animation will look amazing, fluid and like Kosinski says "photo-real and photo-surreal."

I'm sure this will *not* look sort of "off" or kind of "stiff" like "Beowulf", and I think things will not look generic and fake-ish like alot of G.I.Joe's shots with it's flying vehicles and the gawd awful looking "Acceletor Suit" CG.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Overmind
User

on Wednesday, August, 12, 2009 11:05 PM
The worst thing that can happen is if they stick with that secret room behind that arcadegame plot.
Sam drops a coin and finds a secret room. How convenient. He crawls inn and ZAPP.

It is so god damn fuckin NARNIA. I hate it!

It would have been better if there were some repetition of the old scene, with Flynn remoting the digitizing laser instead of the MCP.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 12:19 AM
The early footage is I'm sure kind of out-of-context.

Sam Flynn may just find nothing more than a computer that's running, and notes and/or printed files that are clues that Sam puts "two and two together" that basically points the way and kind of hint "you should go to the laser lab at Encom."

It's way to early to assume the worse about the story when very little was shown, just concept art, some out-of-context teaser clip, and a concept VFX trailer.

So I think it's a bit too early to bring out the torches and pitch forks.

xalener
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 12:22 AM
I actually like the fact that the programs in the proof of concept trailer where at the bit bottom of uncanny valley. That way a user could look unwieldy compared to them. I WOULD like to see the modern day interretation of the digitizing scene. From what I hear, Sam just walks through a door? I mean, it's alright if there's another shot after that of the lazer behind the cabin, or if someone gave him directions to get there, and what do do when he got there. I don't think he just walked in there for the hell of it. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 12:44 AM
xalener Wrote:I actually like the fact that the programs in the proof of concept trailer where at the bit bottom of uncanny valley. That way a user could look unwieldy compared to them. I WOULD like to see the modern day interretation of the digitizing scene. From what I hear, Sam just walks through a door? I mean, it's alright if there's another shot after that of the lazer behind the cabin, or if someone gave him directions to get there, and what do do when he got there. I don't think he just walked in there for the hell of it.

There definitely seems to be some confusion among the community about that scene, mainly due to bad wording on G4TV's part. I think what we can safely assume happened was that Sean put a quarter in the TRON machine, the machine reveals a hidden room, Sean goes into the room and discovers digitizing tech, and from there he enters the computer world.

That's not official, but likely a safe assumption.

What happened in the trailer was that Sean goes into the room and then it ended. That's it. G4 said "and presumably into the world of TRON" as a guess, likely suggesting that they figured that he enters the computer world from that room, likely with a digitizing laser. That's not official, just G4's assumption converted into a better worded phrase.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 12:53 AM
G4's speculation is poor speculation, the quality of their journalism is crap IMO, and people should take what they put in their articles with a large ball of salt.

Sam Flynn only enters through the hidden door and it closes behind him (mechanized door that shuts automatically) the scene ends there.

Nothing else is shown after that. No sound of digitization, no laser flashes, nothing.

G4's writer pulled that "enters the computer world" out of nowhere.

It's like saying "Dwayne Johnson enteres the fridge that's hidden passage, and then finds an alien space ship inside" when that's not what happened in "Race to Witch Mountain."abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 1:20 AM
Rest assured, I've heard that entry leads to a lab at Flynn's. (Not quite 'Zappo I'm in the Tron world' all the sudden.)

ShadowDragon1 wrote:
I've watch "Beowulf" a few times, and well I also study 3-D modelling, and animation as part of my videogame art and design course I'm taking in College.

I've seen digited faces and some advaced mo-cap footage and how it's put together. So I can tell pretty darn well if a character is CG or real.

The parts that are live action and the parts that are CG are imo 99.9% indistinguishable from what I am sure is live footage that's been composited into a CG enviroment.
In the concept footage reel, those faces are totally cartoony and CG-ified or digitized somehow. I'm not sure what you're talking about? It may be real faces and mo-cap underneath, but they're not like we're watching the raw non-computer manipulated faces.

They've definitely been cartoon-ified through some sort of CG digitization or digitized face-mapping thing. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but I hope the final TRON Legacy product does not incorporate the same technology. Just give me live unedited actors for at least the faces and maybe even for the whole body and suits (like the original)... not cartoon faces.

The cartoony faces is the main semi-weakness I see in the test reel and hope it doesn't carry over to the final release.

I have a feeling, though, that since this reel was made at least a year or two ago, that the technology has improved drastically for this and Disney would use more state of the art capabilities somehow. If they need to make Jeff Bridges look young, the CG-ification will be unavoidable.... I just hope better tech gets used. They already mapped his face in Vancouver, so it's inevitable they'll be doing something here, hopefully just for the 'when he's younger' sequences.

It looked fake in Benjamin Button when they made Brad Pitt young; and weird stuff happens with the eyes. Unless technology is better now, I fear young Flynn will look fake, too. And I'm with Achilles, I would hate it if all the programs have the same sort of thing going on just to match Clu's look.

The face of green-yellow program looks like the live actor's face and not "digitized" CG at all.
No way. I don't agree at all.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

mastercilinder
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 2:21 AM
I don't know what you guys are worried about. the cgi is well blended with the real stuff and , in my opinion, Clu (or the green dude) looked pretty damn good. How else would you do that scene? It looked like him. and he only said one word. It was a wee bit stiff, but from a previous discussion here the green guy is Clu and if you rewatch Clu's bit in he does the same thing.

I am worried that the plot for this movies gonna end up being "I'm Flynn's kid, and here's Olivia Wilde my hot ass GF. Lets go have adventures in the computer world while my dads life is at stake! WEEEEEEE!" kinda plot.

xalener
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 2:54 AM
You can really tell the faces are CG by their eyes. And I guess that's part of the reason why no one's dona anything about it. No one in the biz seems to notice it. :/

But like I said, I LIKE the fact that the programs are cg. Why? Because they ARE CG. It just seems to be the first time where someone has the chance to make something look face (or at least unnatural) on purpose. There's also a certain charm that comes with "bad" CG like Spy kids. I don't know what it is, I just like it.

I guess it's when people put more work into making things look "cool" than making things look "right", that people start critisizing the simple act of stylization. This is why Speed Racer cought so much crap. Anyway, we don't even have to worry about that.

We already know with solid evidence that there will be many extras in the movie, all in costume.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 3:17 AM
In this (click HD to see it in a larger size with better quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHr-JqpgWqw
at time 2:33 - 2:37. I am very confident that that is a real actor's face, there IS a faint grid pattern light is shining on/lighting his face.

But I don't think the face itself is CG or digitized. There is *nothing* "cartoony" about it at all IMO.
His facial-muscular twinges, eye movement, and all the micro-muscular movement is there, I am 99.9% certain that is an actual actors face.

He emotes, breathes, his eyes blink, etc. So IMO it's not "digitized".
I've never seen a digitized face show all the micro muscular movements in a person's face.
There's nothing I can see that even hints that his face is "digitized". Only the flickering, faint grid light projected onto his face is CG, that may be what's giving an impression of the face being "digitized" maybe?

Now I've watched the dang trailer in HD format like 50 times or more.

The faces are lit with that flickering light that has a faint grid pattern, that's inside the helmet itself.

Which may sort of trick one into maybe seeing the real face looking slightly odd due to the internal light within the helmet.

The only time the Blue programs face is noticably CG is just before he hits the green-yellow jet wall, or when the light cycle is speeding along.

When I watched the test footage in HD on a hugh screen in 3-D HD at Comic Con, the Programs' face where not really distiguishable as "cartoony" or "digitized" in my view.

I've seen "Beowulf" several times so I notice the little quirks that give away the CG as not being a real actor's face. So I'm not just talking out of my butt here.

I'm not saying I'm 100% right, but I'm just giving my observations after having watched the footage over 50 dang times.

Hey, the faces may be completely "digititized", but from what I've seen I'm very doubtful that in the close-ups, at certian segments, that it's entirely "digitized" faces.
That's just my two cents.

xalener
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 2:54 PM
That can't be a real actor's face. lol.

Jeff Bridges isn't that young.

I can spot many errors in it actually, but I excuse it. He looks fake (to me) becaue he IS fake.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 3:13 PM

Agreed.... we already have proof that young Bridge's face is CGI/touched up/ whatever you want to call it. Why present arguments that it's not when we know it is?

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Traahn
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 4:32 PM
I hope you're preparing for your CG world to be shattered, ShadowDragon1 No amount of times watching the trailer is going to help if you don't already see the CG faces. I sensed they might be CG in the bootleg video, and confirmed it for myself the first time I saw the HD version. (By CG, I mean some sort of computer digitization. The faces are clearly not real to me.) The only face that I think looks real is the old Flynn in 2:01-2:11

Why would they only CG the blue guy's face right before hitting the jet wall? There's nothing special about that part requiring CG, so why not just continue to use his "real" self?

How would Flynn's program look like that? Did they just shave his face and he magically looks younger or how he's portrayed?

You saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, right? And the tech video on youtube showing what the did? Same sort of thing going on here, imo.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

achilles
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2009 5:10 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:The only time the Blue programs face is noticably CG is just before he hits the green-yellow jet wall, or when the light cycle is speeding along.

lol dude his face looks cg from when you first him peeking around the corner looking for flynn/clu.

you need to watch this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ODe9mqoDE
watch their faces in every scene. even when they lower their heads or glance to the side really fast. or the enemy programs' faces just before they hit walls - cg cant replicate that. a lot of actors can't even convincingly portray that kind of intensity without narcotics.

yep

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY