TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Lamp Sequencer (a080-91658-c696) Problem on EDOT

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
cwstrong
User

on Tuesday, August, 25, 2009 9:06 PM
My lamp sequencer board has stopped sequencing on my EDOT and now the lamps remain constantly lit therefore overheating the R10 resistor.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? The MPS2222 transistors are new. I've heard it may be a faulty 82S123 chip which is the only socketed and custom PROM on the board.

Are there any EDOT owners who can burn a new bipolar-prom? I'd even be happy with just a copy of the IC's files. I know many other owners looking for the same fix?

Any Floridians?

Thanks!

bradg
User

Re: Lamp Sequencer (a080-91658-c696) Problem on EDOT

on Wednesday, February, 24, 2010 7:04 PM
I know this is an *old* post, but did you ever determine that you did need a new bipolar PROM burned for your lamp sequencer? I've got a suitable programmer, I think I have the bit image somewhere, and probably even have a blank 82S123. It seems to me there is a clock on the board (possibly a 555) - is that running?

FYI - I've also created a "satellite" PC board that goes in place of the lamp driver transistors that uses higher current SMT darlingtons in their place. Remove the 2222's and solder the satellite board in place, and it's good to go.

The satellite board worked really well, but it hasn't had many hours put on it so far either. The runtime so far has been limited to the time it spent running in the shop, and it running in "Flynn's Arcade" in Vancouver

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade