Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Trigger Deforming

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Griddy Prime
User

Trigger Deforming

on Saturday, December, 05, 2009 2:42 AM
Is it possible to deform the trigger object for the purpose of it's trigger touch option?

I've tried everything. My first try was to bind a brush to it and deform the brush in an attempt to get the brush to act as volume for the trigger. Unfortunately, that didn't work.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Trigger Deforming

on Saturday, December, 05, 2009 3:39 AM

So, if I'm understanding the question correctly: can a trigger be shaped as anything other than a box/rectangle?

The answer is no. The collision detection used on triggers is kept to simple box shapes. Nothing more sophisticated than that.

The only instance where you can sort of make a trigger that isn't box shaped, is when you make a brush bound to a WordModel that when damaged by weapon fire will act as a trigger. You set BoxPhysics to False so that the game engine will follow the brush's actual outline rather than put a hitbox around it. And you enter a DamageCommand in the DamageProperties of the WorldModel to make something happen in reaction to the weapon damage.

If that's not a good substitute for what you had in mind, then you'll have to use multiple player touchable triggers placed in such a way that they resemble the shape you wanted to make. It will be like using small lego building blocks to make a larger shape, and having all the triggers do the same thing when touched. But it would be necessary to have the first trigger touched lock all the others, so that the same commands aren't sent multiple times.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Griddy Prime
User

on Saturday, December, 05, 2009 4:36 AM
I was afraid of that.

I can move triggers with Keyframers. But, from reading previous posts about Keyframers in Multiplayer maps, Keyframers can cause lag... But, then again, those are visible objects. So, does that go for invisible objects as well?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, December, 05, 2009 8:45 AM

Any object that moves - be it visible or invisible - in a Multiplayer map, can cause lag.

But as long as you keep the number of moving objects to a minimum, it should be okay. For my own Capture the Bit Derez map, I had a few moving objects (waving flags, moving bits, rotating gravity beams, not to mention the enemy AI characters) and nobody really complained about noticeable lag.

Griddy Prime
User

on Saturday, December, 05, 2009 10:55 AM
Okay.

I might have to think of an alternative since I was planning to use a fair amount of them.

Thanks for the input!

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, December, 05, 2009 6:00 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Any object that moves - be it visible or invisible - in a Multiplayer map, can cause lag.

But as long as you keep the number of moving objects to a minimum, it should be okay. For my own Capture the Bit Derez map, I had a few moving objects (waving flags, moving bits, rotating gravity beams, not to mention the enemy AI characters) and nobody really complained about noticeable lag.

You also had a separate installer executable, you think that might have anything to do? Maybe a separate file installed by the installer?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, December, 06, 2009 1:26 AM

Nah, I just put the map in an executable because it was the only way to get an Energy Claw powerup to appear in the game.

Otherwise, I would have released it in a .REZ file like everyone else does. And I was careful not to go too overboard with the fancy effects.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Trigger Deforming