Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 Which game controller wroks best with Tron 2.0?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
vaserlan
User

on Thursday, December, 24, 2009 9:48 PM
I have XP and have the 350 controller but it's terrible.

I just want to play Tron 2.0 not any other game. I'm working on a screenplay with my own cyberspace reality and i want it to be different from Tron [but like tron MUST look computer generated] so i want to immerse myself in Tron.

So which game controller should i get for my XP Acer sempron desktop pc?

TRON.dll
User

Re: Which game controller wroks best with Tron 2.0?

on Thursday, December, 24, 2009 10:49 PM
vaserlan Wrote:I have XP and have the 350 controller but it's terrible.

I just want to play Tron 2.0 not any other game. I'm working on a screenplay with my own cyberspace reality and i want it to be different from Tron [but like tron MUST look computer generated] so i want to immerse myself in Tron.

So which game controller should i get for my XP Acer sempron desktop pc?

Mouse and keyboard has always worked best for me.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

on Thursday, December, 24, 2009 11:51 PM
I have played Tron with a logitech rumblepad, however to my recollection, it was nearly unplayable, and others who used a controller switched to kb/mouse because if you use one you'll get pwned in Disk Arena and Derez, perhaps lightcycle as well.

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, December, 25, 2009 12:01 AM
I actually used a 2 button, single stick joystick in combination with my keyboard once. Didn't work at all and was the most uncomfortable thing in the world. lol

PSN - TRON-dll

tron_man_63304
User

Re: Which game controller wroks best with Tron 2.0

on Friday, December, 25, 2009 2:29 AM
my experience is that mouse aim is much better than any joy stick (another reason why the got to make tron:evo for pc) any game iv'e played on my friends ps3 it was awful. plus if you want that tron effect like you say theres nothing more tron than a keybord and mouse

Back by Unpopular Demand.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, December, 25, 2009 7:47 AM

Everyone else who replied has already given the best answer. Which is: none.

None of the gamepads out there works well with Tron 2.0 without assistance from an extra utility. Even then, mouse and keyboard still work best. Tron 2.0's gamepad/joystick support sucks.

But if you really want to use a gamepad, just pick the one you like most and then grab software like Xpadder. Version 5.3 of Xpadder is free, you can do a search for it and find download links to it. Map every function on the pad to a key on the keyboard. Even movement. Don't use the analog joystick control that the game provides, it's horrible.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Qix77
User

on Saturday, December, 26, 2009 3:58 PM
Mouse and Keyboard..... Try to get use to it because once you do, you'd be surprised how much better it can defeat any controller.

But if you can't wing yourself from the console setup, I suggest trying something on the lines of a 'Saitek P990'. It's excellent for emulation too.. and very affordable.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, December, 26, 2009 6:37 PM

I tried some Logitech joystick that was pretty facy, but was horrible as far as controls in TRON 2.0 go. I, like most others, recommend the ol' keyboard and mouse. It's far easier to aim with a mouse than with any other type of controller that I've used.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, December, 26, 2009 6:41 PM
I'd also like to point out that, with a controller-only control scheme, you will likely be unable to lean left and right without sacrificing some kind of vital function (i.e. blocking, firing, weapon switching, etc.).

PSN - TRON-dll

Compucore
User

on Saturday, December, 26, 2009 9:40 PM
I think for ease of use is the keyboard and mouse for the fame. Like with some of the others. using a joystick your going to miss something or sacrifice something when it gets configured to it. When you have so many different options already for the keyboard. It would be simpler using the keyboard and mouse for playing the game.

I do however understand on certain games that do require a joystic is more preferable./ But not this one I think it is easier with a keyboard and mouse.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Jademz
User

on Sunday, December, 27, 2009 1:03 AM
Compucore Wrote:I think for ease of use is the keyboard and mouse for the game.

At first, I didn't think Tron 2.0 was easy even after 5 years, it's still impossible to beat Inode and Diskbot over 80% of the time in Disk Arena and Derez.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, December, 27, 2009 5:32 PM
Compucore Wrote:I think for ease of use is the keyboard and mouse for the fame. Like with some of the others. using a joystick your going to miss something or sacrifice something when it gets configured to it. When you have so many different options already for the keyboard. It would be simpler using the keyboard and mouse for playing the game.

I do however understand on certain games that do require a joystic is more preferable./ But not this one I think it is easier with a keyboard and mouse.

This is true. Some games, like racing games and flying games, are very difficult for me with a keyboard and mouse setup. Joysticks are the way to go for those. However, FPS games are near impossible for me with gamepads, because when I aim with a control stick, I end up moving the stick all the way to the edge, making it near impossible for me to aim.

PSN - TRON-dll

Qix77
User

on Sunday, December, 27, 2009 7:41 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Compucore Wrote:I think for ease of use is the keyboard and mouse for the fame. Like with some of the others. using a joystick your going to miss something or sacrifice something when it gets configured to it. When you have so many different options already for the keyboard. It would be simpler using the keyboard and mouse for playing the game.

This is true. Some games, like racing games and flying games, are very difficult for me with a keyboard and mouse setup. Joysticks are the way to go for those. However, FPS games are near impossible for me with gamepads, because when I aim with a control stick, I end up moving the stick all the way to the edge, making it near impossible for me to aim.

I'm a 'Descent Freespace: The Great War' die hard. In order for me to play I have to have my 'Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital'with me. It's an older Joystick but I love it.

SweatyPyro
User

on Monday, December, 28, 2009 1:26 PM
Jademz Wrote:
Compucore Wrote:I think for ease of use is the keyboard and mouse for the game.

At first, I didn't think Tron 2.0 was easy even after 5 years, it's still impossible to beat Inode and Diskbot over 80% of the time in Disk Arena and Derez.

P-Bits, Jademz, P-Bits. xDon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

\o/

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, December, 28, 2009 2:56 PM
Qix77 Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:

I'm a 'Descent Freespace: The Great War' die hard. In order for me to play I have to have my 'Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital'with me. It's an older Joystick but I love it.

Descent is a flight game I've never really been able to play with a joystick. Maybe because I've always played it like a first person shooter instead of a flight game.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

vaserlan
User

on Tuesday, December, 29, 2009 12:11 PM
OK, thanks four your help.

Is a microsoft trackball optical mouse ok?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, December, 29, 2009 3:16 PM
vaserlan Wrote:OK, thanks four your help.

Is a microsoft trackball optical mouse ok?

In combination with a keyboard, yes.

But trackball mice generally tend to get dirty and hard/irritating to use eventually.

PSN - TRON-dll

basic.exe
User

Re: Which game controller wroks best with Tron 2.0

on Wednesday, January, 06, 2010 1:38 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:

Descent is a flight game I've never really been able to play with a joystick. Maybe because I've always played it like a first person shooter instead of a flight game.

Descent FREESPACE is a space combat simulator, not the same thing as the regular Descent franchise.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0