Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Music Video with Tron Legacy homage. . .

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, January, 14, 2010 1:09 AM
Greetings Programs:

I was watching a new video by KRS-ONE and Buckshot called "Survival Skills" and near the end of the video (starting at 2mins37secs) they have a homage to Tron Legacy. It can also be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFEEVX1m9m8

Enjoy!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

achilles
User

Re: Music Video with Tron Legacy homage. . .

on Thursday, January, 14, 2010 2:13 PM
cool video. annoying song.

however Black Moon is still just about the only hip-hop/rap id care to listen to at all

RenegadeProgram
User

on Sunday, January, 17, 2010 11:12 AM
@achilles

I think my original reply got deleted. Anyway, let me proceed: While I agree with you on the visuals, we'll just have to disagree on the song itself. I can also understand why alot of people can't stand "HipHop" and "Rap" and the "rappers" (MIS)representing it - it's simple: there are way too many "Hip Hop artists", "rappers", and "record execs" pushing the worst one-dimensional examples of the genre out there and passing it off constantly as the end-all be-all of the reality of the music - and when you have fans who just go along with it unquestionably, and even elders who don't pass down the more accurate and truer examples of the music to the young, you basically have mass confusion.

I have found out more about BlackMoon and I, too, give them their props, but I also gotta say this: KRS-ONE is a HIP HOP legend, whether that is agreed or disagreed on, and I'm glad that he and Buckshot got together to do "Survival Skills". Peace. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

achilles
User

on Sunday, January, 17, 2010 5:28 PM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:
I can also understand why alot of people can't understand "HipHop" and "Rap" and the "rappers" (MIS)representing it
pretentious much?

you basically have mass confusion
youre right i must be confused and i must have been brainwashed by the record industry to not know what hip hop is supposed to be. however this realization has failed to enhance my enjoyment or make me care to any higher degree. still i hope it sells a million copies and i hope that Buckshot uses the success to either put out another Black Moon album or start a smooth jazz r&b band that can make music as good as Donald Byrd or the other artists whos music they sampled to make Black Moon what it was.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

RenegadeProgram
User

on Sunday, January, 17, 2010 9:55 PM
achilles Wrote:
RenegadeProgram Wrote:
I can also understand why alot of people can't understand "HipHop" and "Rap" and the "rappers" (MIS)representing it
pretentious much?

you basically have mass confusion
youre right i must be confused and i must have been brainwashed by the record industry to not know what hip hop is supposed to be. however this realization has failed to enhance my enjoyment or make me care to any higher degree. still i hope it sells a million copies and i hope that Buckshot uses the success to either put out another Black Moon album or start a smooth jazz r&b band that can make music as good as Donald Byrd or the other artists whos music they sampled to make Black Moon what it was.

Achilles, I wasn't referring so much to you personally and the "understand" in my previous quote, should have said, "stand": sorry for the typo. The "you" is referring to the many people who have been led to believe that Hip Hop and Rap (as well as other genres of music) is only what MTV, BET, VH-1, Clear Channel, Radio One, and several other mainstream media outlets passes off as the one and only representation of it. I don't know you well enough to say you are one of those people, but if the shoe fits, then the shoe fits - and I'm not going to censor the truth to make people comfortable.

In my daily experience I always come across MANY people who say, "Why isn't Kool Moe Dee, or Chuck D, or Public Enemy, or MC Lyte, or Monie Love, or the artists who were actually saying something back in the day around now?"- and then when I SHOW AND PROVE to them that said artists are STILL around today, most times they don't care or they want to find out more.

Regardless of those two reactions, it does not change the fact that there is a vibrant underground Hip Hop community who is challenging the dominant (MIS)perception and (MIS)representations pushed out there - and it also does not change the fact that if you ask some of these "top 10", "hot" current "Hip Hop" stars about the history of Hip Hop they wouldn't know it if it stared them right in the face, and neither would their fans - and the bigger question I ask to some people who ask, "Where are all the good artists?" is "They are still doing there thing underground. Where have you been?".

Also, again, I too, hope that Black Moon puts out some more stuff and I like SEVERAL DIFFERENT GENRES of music. Now as far as sampling, it's not only rappers who have sampled music - let's not also forget the several artists and producers of other genres who have historically sampled (pun intended) and in some cases, outright STOLEN from genres much older - but that's another discussion for another place and time. Have a good day, Achilles.

achilles
User

on Monday, January, 18, 2010 12:14 AM
so you believe in aliens then?

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

achilles
User

on Monday, February, 08, 2010 4:16 PM
found this - almost sounds like Buckshot & KRS over some Daft Punk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T0rWdIYpg4
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY