TRON: LEGACY 
 A Viral marketing campaign I'd like to see for TL

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ArcadeWarrior
User

on Tuesday, February, 16, 2010 6:54 PM
I have to give props to Disney or whatever PR firm they hired to do the viral marketing for Tron Legacy as so far it's pretty cool. But I have an idea I want to get out there and see what other Tron fans think of this.

I own an arcade. One reason I do is because when I saw the movie as a kid, I thought that Flynn's job at the arcade would be the coolest thing to do so that's one reason where I am where I am today. There are some other arcades out there (see arcadefly.com for examples) and while they are not as prevalent as they were in '82, they still could be used as part of the viral marketing behind the new movie.

They showed off a Space Paranoids arcade machine at Comic Con so why not make these available to current arcades or work something out with them to help promote the movie? I would gladly jump on something like that and I am pretty sure that other arcades would too.

Thoughts?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

------------->
Games? You want games, I'll give you games...

mastercilinder
User

Re: A Viral marketing campaign I'd like to see for TL

on Tuesday, February, 16, 2010 7:43 PM
I agree entirely. This idea is great because so few new arcade games are released and the buzz following a new game (and the fact that its tron) can only lead to more sales, and quite frankly, arcades today deserve more nerds () where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ArcadeWarrior
User

on Thursday, February, 18, 2010 2:05 PM
That and I think it's only fitting that there is another Tron game in arcades again Heck, I'd be happy if they did a Tron Legacy pinball, there are some cool ideas that could be done with that too.

------------->
Games? You want games, I'll give you games...

mastercilinder
User

on Thursday, February, 18, 2010 7:42 PM
ArcadeWarrior Wrote:That and I think it's only fitting that there is another Tron game in arcades again Heck, I'd be happy if they did a Tron Legacy pinball, there are some cool ideas that could be done with that too.

Legacy Pinball would be excellent. Are there even any Pinball machine companies still in business that could manufacture one?
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

CaptainCR
User

on Thursday, February, 18, 2010 8:12 PM
mastercilinder Wrote:
ArcadeWarrior Wrote:That and I think it's only fitting that there is another Tron game in arcades again Heck, I'd be happy if they did a Tron Legacy pinball, there are some cool ideas that could be done with that too.

Legacy Pinball would be excellent. Are there even any Pinball machine companies still in business that could manufacture one?
I'm pretty sure ther are some companies around..after all a movie theater near me has a "The Dark Knight" pinball machineorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, February, 18, 2010 9:47 PM
ArcadeWarrior Wrote:I have to give props to Disney or whatever PR firm they hired to do the viral marketing for Tron Legacy as so far it's pretty cool. But I have an idea I want to get out there and see what other Tron fans think of this.

I own an arcade. One reason I do is because when I saw the movie as a kid, I thought that Flynn's job at the arcade would be the coolest thing to do so that's one reason where I am where I am today. There are some other arcades out there (see arcadefly.com for examples) and while they are not as prevalent as they were in '82, they still could be used as part of the viral marketing behind the new movie.

They showed off a Space Paranoids arcade machine at Comic Con so why not make these available to current arcades or work something out with them to help promote the movie? I would gladly jump on something like that and I am pretty sure that other arcades would too.

Thoughts?

ArcadeWarrior, that's a pretty cool idea. The one challenge to this would be competing with the home game market, since arcades are not so plentiful. Maybe if there was a tie-in, like a free arcade token in special copies of the Tron: Evolution videogame when it comes out, that people could redeem at actual arcades. That would be a sure way to get people back into arcades, especially those who either: a)like TRON, or b)are new to TRON and may be interested in finding out more about it. I'll have to check out that arcadefly.com site. Sounds really good. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

flynn1978
User

on Friday, February, 19, 2010 2:20 AM
If I might interject...

ahem.

Pinball/arcade hybrid (like Baby Pacman)

The entire control panel for the original TRON arcade game could be placed at the front of a pinball game, and a full color screen could be incorporated.

If anyone's played:

Revenge from Mars Pinball Machine
Bally (Midway / Williams) 1999

They'd know a full color screen with TRON graphics could easily be incorporated that way.

http://redcatmedia.com/pinball/images/mars.jpg

:]

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

flynn1978
User

on Friday, February, 19, 2010 2:20 AM
If I might interject... (Whoops! Posted twice!)

THAT would be sweet.

BTW, the flipper buttons would work well for lightcycle controls...

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY