Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 How to shine tarnished Flynn's Arcade token?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page

on Thursday, February, 25, 2010 8:47 PM
Hey all,

An awesome friend of mine gave me this wicked cool coin from the Comic Con event, but it has begun to tarnish due to my handling. I just got a plastic coin case to keep it in, but I was wondering if anyone else had polished theirs back up to its shiny newness and if so, what did you use?

Brasso?
Jewelry cleaner?

End of line

Dave S.

KiaPurity
User

Re: How to shine tarnished Flynn's Arcade token?

on Friday, February, 26, 2010 6:25 PM
There's a cheap method to do it-- salt and baking soda mixture.

You basically have to have a equal amount of each in an aluminum pan (think of pie pan) with 1 cup of water in it.

Start with 1tbsp of baking soda and 1tbsp of salt in 1 cup of water.

That stuff seriously works very well to clean tarnished stuff and I even was able to clean burnt marks off of a stove burner plate (not sure what it is?)

ETA-- Technically, it shouldn't have tarnished from you handling it-- it tarnishes from oxidation (from TV screens, apparently) and being left alone in generally. Have you ever noticed how there's shiny parts on "tarnished" looking brass busts? People constantly rub the nose on the brass bust and it gets shiny from the skin oil! where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY