SCREENING DETAILS

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
RenegadeProgram
User

Re: SCREENING DETAILS

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 5:28 PM
CaptainCR Wrote:
porschepunk Wrote:Just came from la screening.. Both directors were there doing q&a... Got a signed poster from both of them for asking the question " did daft punk score the trailer?"

YES.

mind= about to explode

muswt see the trailer!!!! btw where did u get a poster from?
and figures they'd be in LA..everything happens in LA

Anyone know EXACTLY WHEN and WHERE the trailer will be online? Is it going on-line today, or do we have to wait until Friday?

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 5:30 PM
porschepunk Wrote:Just came from la screening.. Both directors were there doing q&a... Got a signed poster from both of them for asking the question " did daft punk score the trailer?"

YES.

That must have been cool. Did anyone ask if Cindy Morgan has a cameo. What about the Legacy Game? Anything about that?

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

porschepunk
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 5:37 PM
They passed out the posters for asking good questions to Joe.

Some more questions answered:

plan on more daft punk tron live events.

Things maybe in the works for Disneyland and tron (change the arcade name in tomorrowland to flynns?)

yes. Tron is in the movie. Lol.. Yea someone asked that.

I'll think of some more q&as when I'm done eating my subway.

porschepunk
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 5:44 PM
Cyberwolven Wrote:

YES.

That must have been cool. Did anyone ask if Cindy Morgan has a cameo. What about the Legacy Game? Anything about that?

Cindy Morgan is not in it. But doesn't mean she is not referenced. Tron game, it does not coincide with the movie story.

porschepunk
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 5:52 PM
Joe also mentioned there will be more "gladiator" games.

I'm sure I'm missing a couple of questions... I'm sure a couple of other LA homies can fill in on the blanks.

Anymore questions, feel free to ask.

By the way, if anyone has an extra flynns arcade shirt they want to exchange for a Flynn lives shirt, lemme know.

-Jesse

CaptainCR
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 6:12 PM
this movie just keeps on sounding better and better with every bit of info we getabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Traahn
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 6:33 PM
Sounds great! I've bought my ticket for Alice in Wonderland next weekend at the IMAX and I hope the Tron trailer plays!

I'm still a bit sad that the circuitry patterns on the suits aren't more detailed and intricate. In some respects, it kind've reminds me of how the new Transformers don't look anything like their 80s predecessors. I wouldn't expect the Tron Legacy suits to look exactly like the old ones... but I'm thinking at least somewhere in-between would've been nice, rather than a near polar opposite.

Ah well, everything else sounds amazing! Maybe in there's a Tron 3 made, they will add more intricate circuitry back to the suits. Hopefully they're not too stuck in their suit design, like Michael Bay is with the Transformers.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

CaptainCR
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 6:46 PM
Traahn Wrote:Sounds great! I've bought my ticket for Alice in Wonderland next weekend at the IMAX and I hope the Tron trailer plays!

I'm still a bit sad that the circuitry patterns on the suits aren't more detailed and intricate. In some respects, it kind've reminds me of how the new Transformers don't look anything like their 80s predecessors. I wouldn't expect the Tron Legacy suits to look exactly like the old ones... but I'm thinking at least somewhere in-between would've been nice, rather than a near polar opposite.

Ah well, everything else sounds amazing! Maybe in there's a Tron 3 made, they will add more intricate circuitry back to the suits. Hopefully they're not too stuck in their suit design, like Michael Bay is with the Transformers.

at least the suits aren't like the test footage with barely any circuitry at all. and for TF, thier orginal looks would not translate well in a live action movie

Traahn
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 7:03 PM
I'll have to see the updated trailer in live motion to see how it looks. It might work quite well.

For TF, I feel a meet-in-the-middle design exists for that, too. As it is, you can't tell who any of the characters are. A new TF game is being worked on, and they're harkening back to the old looks, which is nice. In this game, I can actually visually tell who the characters are; rather than Bay's chaotic designs

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Daddyo
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 7:21 PM
Waited in line in LA for an hour or so. While standing there this young guy (early 30s?) and a girl walk by carrying a roll of posters and a box.

The guy looked familiar, and realized it was Kosinski, having just seen his picture this morning on the internet.

Saw the preview, everyone clapped, then many yelled 'play it again!'. Well then Kosinski walks down to the bottom right of the theater and introduces himself, and says something like he wanted to see it again too - and in the meantime he'll answer questions, bringing down Lisberger from the row behind me. Apparently it takes 20 minutes to rewind an actual film trailer (guess that was a joke). The few rows behind me apparently were crew/relatives/or what not, didn't see cast, although I'm out of it on alot of actors faces. I don't think any were there though.

Together they probably answered at least 20 questions, any question, trying not to but having difficulty not giving away too much info. Basically every question got answered! Questioner's got a poster signed by Kosinski.

SPOILERS

Probably been said already, but I'll try to remember a few questions although I'm not hip with the character names:
- Clu is 2nd generation from 1988, played of course by a 'younger' Flynn which seemed to be pulled off well
- Too many Daft Punk questions... Didn't answer but got Freudian slips on them being in film, and they did the trailer track although to me it didn't sound like their stuff from what little i've heard (my guess they got some assistance - or moving in new directions?)
- Flynn's been gone, Flynn's son is the one driving the bike in the real world doing stunts, trying to find father
- Cindy Morgon not in film, but in Tron universe (what does that mean?)
- Glow suits are not computer generated, they are 'glow fabric' - electroluminecent?
- MCP not in new film, replaced by more modern 'server'
- I'll add more as they come back to me, or ask me a question it could have been asked

Afterword I sat out there with my son, being my age when I saw the 1st one. Lisberger and Kosinski were out talking freely to fans for a while, really nice people. I was suprised how young Kosinski was (and told him haha). We ended up with a poster, shirts, and a ticket autographed by both guys!

Oh ya, for the heck of it we did the blacklight thing with shirts/posters/bands - nutin. Nothing you'll probably get out of the clip either, had a screen full of numbers etc but no way you'll remember anything, i seriously doubt they'd put arg stuff in the trailer.

Another thing - no jerk cam, natural 3d, very nice, quite unlike Avatar. Very happy about that.

link to parallel thread http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=377610abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

RenegadeProgram
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 7:45 PM
Traahn Wrote:Sounds great! I've bought my ticket for Alice in Wonderland next weekend at the IMAX and I hope the Tron trailer plays!

Ah well, everything else sounds amazing! Maybe in there's a Tron 3 made, they will add more intricate circuitry back to the suits. Hopefully they're not too stuck in their suit design, like Michael Bay is with the Transformers.

Hey Traahn: I feel you - especially on the Transformers comment. By the way, did you know that a REALLY COOL G1 Transformers game just came out for mobile phones and Ipod Touch? Send me a message if you want the link - and the graphics are GOOD!!!!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

cpep
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 7:46 PM
Here's another PIT CELL event review I found online:

http://e-ticket.livejournal.com/581399.htmlorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 7:51 PM
OMG it was AWESOME.

omg! awesome frakking teaser trailer was fracking AWESOME. omg.

I got to meet Joseph Kosinski, said hi to Steve Lisberger OMG

I was able to get a signed Tron Legacy movie poster (the large high quality kind that are put up in movie theatres), and a Flynn Lives t-shirt.

It was so damn cool. Joe is a very cool and nice guy, Steve Lisberger seem pretty shy and disappeared after the trailer was shown a second time.

Overall it was pretty fun. I can not wait to see the finished movie! WOOT!

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

RenegadeProgram
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 8:02 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:OMG it was AWESOME.

omg! awesome frakking teaser trailer was fracking AWESOME. omg.

I got to meet Joseph Kosinski, said hi to Steve Lisberger OMG

I was able to get a signed Tron Legacy movie poster (the large high quality kind that are put up in movie theatres), and a Flynn Lives t-shirt.

It was so damn cool. Joe is a very cool and nice guy, Steve Lisberger seem pretty shy and disappeared after the trailer was shown a second time.

Overall it was pretty fun. I can not wait to see the finished movie! WOOT!
Seems like the LA showing may have been the best one from what I'm hearing. Seems like the people in NYC are pretty pissed off at how the event was executed. . .abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 8:10 PM
New Yorkers, a day after a snow storm = cranky and overly touchy people perhaps?

Should of gave them posters, and Flynn's Arcade tokens and showed the trailer a second time. But sounds like alot of them need to relax and not get miffed so easily.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Daddyo
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 8:15 PM
That's just NY, I've watched Seinfeld (haha). They should have shown it 2x though.

Glad you made it dragon.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 8:18 PM
I was the one in the Tron circuit print shirt (that glows in the dark) and dressed in all black with black sun glasses, If I'd know what you look liked, i'd of said "hi" lol.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

CaptainCR
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 9:35 PM
does anyone know if the music for the trailer was the same music used at comic con and in the vlynn lives vid on the website or if it was a new song?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 9:56 PM
it was totally new music from Daft Punk, and it was good.

here's a text transcript from the Q&A at the LA screening:

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2010-2-27-tron-legacy-director-talks-daft-punk-and-explicitly-not-making-another-matrix
My question is on there as well:

(Me):
"What inspired (you) to go with a more minimalistic look for the characters' suits?"

Kosinski :

"Ah, I would say that is a combination of things.
Mainly, I was really interested in (doing that ) rather than doing the kind of rotoscoping process and backlighting in post,
I wanted to build physical suits that actually emit light which you saw a glimpse of.
The technology that is available with illuminated fabric kind of resulted in that minimalistic design. "

CaptainCR
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 10:22 PM
makes want to travel in time to the future to see the film right nowon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 SCREENING DETAILS