TRON: LEGACY 
 SCREENING DETAILS

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
ShadowDragon1
User

Re: SCREENING DETAILS

on Sunday, February, 28, 2010 7:02 PM
I don't get why some people had very very high and unrealistic expectations.

I mean nothing hinted that "15-20 minutes of footage" would be shown, nor the whole movie, or that new special swag would be given out, or any other special things were going to happen. It was a *free* teaser after all..

No one said you had to drive 100 miles to go to the IMAX theatre in NY or whereever was "close" to your state/city.

It's not the IMAX theatres or FlynnLives.com fault that some people expected waaay more stuff.

I reasonably guessed it would be a trailer, and not much more. Some people needed to relax and not complain so much in my opinion.

The movie is still in post-production with 9 months of CG and VFX work left to do, IF people would of taken that into consideration and kept their expections to a reasonable level, maybe they would be less inclined to feel "let down"....

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, February, 28, 2010 7:40 PM
arcade Wrote:Just thought i would post this,

I work at a movie theater and had to stay pretty late last night to wait for avatar to drop. I had been waiting for a friend to text me back to tell me all about the screening he went to in LA with details and such.

So i went to the central server in our projections booth and decided to load up some trailers (we're fully digital). Because i had been on a tron kick all day i noticed that there was a tron trailer i hadn't seen. Loaded it up, watched it 3 times, and it was thoroughly awesome.

Fast forward to this morning to where i start reading everywhere that the special screenings were just the trailer that i watched last night. Totally sucks for the people that bent over backwards to go see this since, apparently its been readily available for about a week! So if you have someone who works at a movie theater, they may already have this trailer ;P

Probably gonna watch it again tonight if anyone wants me to look for anything specific.

I did not get a sweet t shirt though

*coughcoughleakplzcoughcough*

Darn allergies...

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Cyberwolven
User

on Sunday, February, 28, 2010 7:41 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:I don't get why some people had very very high and unrealistic expectations.

I mean nothing hinted that "15-20 minutes of footage" would be shown, nor the whole movie, or that new special swag would be given out, or any other special things were going to happen. It was a *free* teaser after all..

No one said you had to drive 100 miles to go to the IMAX theatre in NY or whereever was "close" to your state/city.

It's not the IMAX theatres or FlynnLives.com fault that some people expected waaay more stuff.

I reasonably guessed it would be a trailer, and not much more. Some people needed to relax and not complain so much in my opinion.

The movie is still in post-production with 9 months of CG and VFX work left to do, IF people would of taken that into consideration and kept their expections to a reasonable level, maybe they would be less inclined to feel "let down"....

Yeah I agree. Sure I didn't get to go or anything, but it's not like I was expecting to see more than a teaser trialer screening. Quite honestly I didn't even think that's what they were going to do. I thought they were just going to release new images, because I haven't heard much about the billboard thing they were doing lately.

Also, the people that went there and got to see the trialer should be happy they got to participate. I could start giving annoying starving artist analogys, but that would take too much text space. :P

@Tron.dll_

LOL

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Moon Jump
User

on Sunday, February, 28, 2010 8:14 PM
It's unrealistic to ask them to play a minute and a half trailer more then once? We all broke out into applause after the trailer and even after we chanted for it again, they just told us to leave. The green MPAA thing popped up, the trailer played and that was it. If there was a brief introduction from a member of the cast or director thanking us for coming, that would have been cool.

Yes, it was free, if somebody was scalping tickets at the door I would have been pissed off. Getting to see something before everybody else and getting a free shirt is pretty cool, but the way it was presented just felt cheap to me. It was just, here's your trailer, your t-shirt. Now go.

I know the movie isn't close to being finished. I doubt they would show us a rough cut of the film when the special effects aren't even close to being finished. I loved the trailer and it was amazing seeing it in a true IMAX theater in 3D, but they should have said on the site what was going to be shown, rather then getting people's hopes up. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

VRAM
User

on Sunday, February, 28, 2010 8:33 PM
arcade Wrote:...

Probably gonna watch it again tonight if anyone wants me to look for anything specific.

I did not get a sweet t shirt though

Arcade, I did not get the sweet opportunity to see the trailer... I know you know what I want... Could you please send me a PM?

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

reptilerobots
User

on Sunday, February, 28, 2010 8:56 PM
I could have driven from San Diego to the LA show to see the trailer, but I really didn't think it was worth the trip back and forth to see it. Sure it's cool and all, but I figured it was going to just be the trailer that is going to be made public at the Alice in Wonderland showings. So really, to me it's not worth the few extra Tron-Nerd bragging points to have seen it a week before everyone else.... and deal with a possible 6 hour round trip. If I had lived in LA, I might have gone. I don't think seeing the preview before would enhance my Tron experience. I think the people complaining are a bunch of babies and I bet barely any of them like TRON as much as any of us do. So obviously those truly hungry for new TRON footage were blown away regardless if they drove 100 miles or whatever.

"Now THAT is a big door."

www.vberkvlt.com

VRAM
User

on Sunday, February, 28, 2010 10:34 PM
I believe you've read this already: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63721
I just did, so how come no one has mentioned anything regarding this supercool tidbits?... and I quote:

...a White-haired most-likely villain (who may very well have been Michael Sheen; Kosinksi said that he was in the trailer and that his character is barely recognizable)...

Of note from Kosinski's comments:
Though Cindy Morgan is not in the film, "that doesn't mean she isn't in the world of TRON." This was one of several purposefully vague comments from Kosinski, mostly likely pointing to Morgan being involved with an upcoming viral event.

Sheen's character is a nightclub owner in the computer world. His name, never before revealed, is Caster...

Though Bit will not feature in the film, there will be a more advanced right hand information officer for Flynn called Jarvis.

WTF?! No Bit in TRON Legacy???on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

arcade
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 1:16 AM
So im gonna try and get some stills of the trailer shot for you guys this week. Was gonna stay and try and watch alice tonight but im extreamly tired!

Did watch the trailer again though before I left tonight, got the framing perfect this time too so it looked even better. Also bumped up the sound a few decibels. Dunno how the 3d will look shot from my digital but if you guys want some images ill see what i can do.

reptilerobots
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 1:49 AM
awesome... yes seeing stills might be cool

- just bought my tickets for Alice in Wonderland.... maybe I'll just walk out after the Tron preview.. hahaorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Now THAT is a big door."

www.vberkvlt.com

Uridium
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 7:48 AM
I was at the london one.

After finally allowing us into the cinema 30mins late, some guy says, "you lucky people are the first people in the world to see this"..... they play the trailer and then up house lights....

Now the trailer was awesome.... (the new Recognizer was BADASS!),

But, would it have been so hard to have a little more? Even some of the behind the scenes that we know will be on the DVD and probably filmed alread, or a intro by director/cast prefilmed.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Daddyo
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 10:27 AM
Here's a scan of Steve Lisberger's "Rezz-Up!" for all you fans, signed by him on our ticket on 2/27/2010 at the Los Angeles Tron Legacy trailer preview -

It's yours to do whatever you want! Shirts anyone?

Histrion
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 11:36 AM
In the recent AICN article one writer quotes Kosinski&Lisberger as saying, before they showed the trailer the second time, that they "didn't drive through the pouring rain 30 minutes across town just to see the trailer once and were going to see it again."

Which leads me to wonder if the "you've seen it once, now get out" attitude at the other locations wasn't a function of the local management, and not Disney or 42E.

Call me a glass-half-full kinda guy if you like.

Is there a law against texting while light-cycling?

RenegadeProgram
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 8:25 PM
arcade Wrote:So im gonna try and get some stills of the trailer shot for you guys this week. Was gonna stay and try and watch alice tonight but im extreamly tired!

Did watch the trailer again though before I left tonight, got the framing perfect this time too so it looked even better. Also bumped up the sound a few decibels. Dunno how the 3d will look shot from my digital but if you guys want some images ill see what i can do.

THANKS, Dude! You might wanna keep this on the low, though, as we don't want you getting fired - but we appreciate the information, nonetheless!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

wheat king
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 9:52 PM
while i think those who are disappointed might have been expecting too much, theres no way i can say i would have been satisfied with just 1 run through on the trailer. they have to realize: the people are starving for some Tron.

i thought it was awesome. the moment the recognizer came on...sweeton line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

RenegadeProgram
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 10:00 PM
wheat king Wrote:while i think those who are disappointed might have been expecting too much, theres no way i can say i would have been satisfied with just 1 run through on the trailer. they have to realize: the people are starving for some Tron.

i thought it was awesome. the moment the recognizer came on...sweet

Hey, Wheat King:
Did the recognizer make that same synthesized helicopter noise it made in the original film?

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

dgtlHECTOR
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 10:57 PM
RustyMuffler Wrote:A question to those that have seen the trailer... when Clu (or the younger version of Bridges) is shown, does he at all resemble the caped figure in the Tron Evolution game trailer? With the speculation that Clu may be one of the baddies in Legacy, I was wondering if he had any ties to what looks to be the villain of the game from the game trailer as they both have a similar color code.

Just a theory.

No, it' just Clu coming something that looks like an elevator with some other programs.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Moon Jump
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 11:18 PM
I'm pretty certain the recognizer made the cool sound from the first movie, I re-watched it on Saturday night when I got home from the city. That was the first "WOAH" moment from the trailer. Since the film isn't using the vector graphic look, it looked like a more finished recognizer in red and you could see Sam piloting it looking at the city below.

The one new villain looks like a cross between Ziggy Stardust and Johnny Rotten with white hair. It looked like he was the host of the gladiatorial games with a big microphone stand. At the end of the trailer he was grinding it and that got a lot of laughs from the audience.

I couldn't tell which character Clu was to tell you the truth. They show a bunch of characters in really fast cuts, so I might have missed him, so I couldn't tell if it was like the test trailer. Didn't really notice a green colored character. As a lot of people said, the costumes make the actors look much different then the first film. They looked much darker so combine that with the fast cuts, it was hard to notice. But of course when the trailer finally comes out you can freeze frame it to you're heart's content. Which, I'll be doing as well when it finally hits the internets. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 1:44 AM
I am pretty sure Clu 2.0 was the helmeted warrior with a yellow trace-lines on his suit, jumping down with a Identity Disc-ring in each hand...

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

CaptainCR
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 7:39 AM
RustyMuffler Wrote:A question to those that have seen the trailer... when Clu (or the younger version of Bridges) is shown, does he at all resemble the caped figure in the Tron Evolution game trailer? With the speculation that Clu may be one of the baddies in Legacy, I was wondering if he had any ties to what looks to be the villain of the game from the game trailer as they both have a similar color code.

Just a theory.

My theory on that is that seeing as how the yellow prgrom in Evolution is a virus, we are gonna find out through that game how Clu gets corrupted and becomes the villain for Legacyorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Daddyo
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 12:54 PM
At first I thought Sam was piloting the recognizer because the film transitioned to him immediately after showing the recognizer, but on second view it looked like a different ship altogether, like a solar sail of sorts?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 SCREENING DETAILS