TRON: LEGACY 
 My Early Impressions of Tron Legacy

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 5:42 PM
Now I LOVE the original film and thoroughly enjoyed the PC game Tron 2.0 and even the Gameboy Advance game "Tron: Killer App". So it was a real treat to finally see the new teaser trailer in IMAX 3-D and even briefly talk with Director Joseph Kosinski.

So, I've been going over all that I saw in the new trailer and going over Joseph Konsinki's answers to my questions and other answers to other questions.

I thought I'd give some of my impressions and interprutations on what I've seen so far of Tron Legacy.

My early impressions so far is that this film is in terms of art design kind of a mix of Fritz Lang's "Metropolis" and the futurist visions and designs of Syd Mead. (all good IMO.)

This film is a bit like a cleaner, sleeker "Blade Runner" in terms of it's visual aesthetic and it's enviroments, all good IMO, different stylistically that the original film, but that's ok, it still looks brilliant (I do miss the classic circuit prints though).
The suits in the movie have real fiber-optical light tech, that neccessatated the new streamlined designs, and the suit needed to endure live stunts and real feats of atheleticsim, those where contributing factors to the more minimalist design of the characters' suits.

( Re-creating the rotoscoping processes was particularly impractical and not the direction Joe wanted to go this time around from what he told me.)

( When I spoke briefly with Joseph Konsinski at The Bridge theater; I did drop the suggestion to Joe that I thought perhaps, that some of the classic circuitry print designs could maybe be digitally composited on to the suits to enhance the visual effects on the suits themselfs.

I hope he takes that hint/suggestion into consideration. But on screen, in the context of the movie, from what I saw in the trailer, they still look pretty damn cool though.)

The themes of the movie seem to almost be like a kind of dark and twisted "Land of Oz" in-a-sense, but in digital cyberspace that's gone sort of all wonky.

Isolation on Flynn's hidden away, specially designed, more advanced Encom Server/Computer System and other unknown factors has lead to the development of a dangerous cyberspace world.

Do these digital citizens even know of "The Users" anymore? I'm not sure if they do.

In one brief segment, in voice over Sam says "dad.... long time", then his father Kevin Flynn says "you have no idea" with a quick up close shot of Flynn's aged eyes that to me evoke Methusula.

Is this bit of dialogue possibly hinting that to Flynn that in "virtual time" he experienced way more than 20
real-world years inside the cyber space world? Could have 100, 1000, or 2000 yrs in "virtual time" have passed for Flynn? Can't wait to see what that's about in the full movie.

The quick shot of whom I think was Clu 2.0, in a helmet and weilding two Identity Disc-rings was pretty slick, is he a villain, that wasn't apparent in the new trailer, but he did look bad-ass.

There's seems to be some interesting bits and bytes in the film to "chew on" it seesm. I am excited to see the movie. While the movie is a bit more Neuromancer/Metropolis like it's still looking very intriguing in my view.

This isn't "Tron 2.0", but it's more like "Tron 9.0 Quantum Cyber-Dimensionality Edition" and that's still pretty dang kick a**, in my view anyways.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

CaptainCR
User

Re: My Early Impressions of Tron Legacy

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 6:51 PM
I can say for sure that clu is a villain..and judging by the descriptions of the books on amazon, he is the main villainabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 6:57 PM
Yeah, I've read those descriptions.

But I'm only going by his brief appearance in the trailer, he did look bad a**;
but how, why or if he becomes the villain is yet to be revealed...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

RenegadeProgram
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 7:48 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:
. . .( When I spoke briefly with Joseph Konsinski at The Bridge theater; I did drop the suggestion to Joe that I thought perhaps, that some of the classic circuitry print designs could maybe be digitally composited on to the suits to enhance the visual effects on the suits themselfs. I hope he takes that hint/suggestion into consideration. . .

Thanks, ShadowDragon for bringing that up. I do hope that Kosinski takes your suggestion as, I, too, like the old circuitry patterns better. Then again, at this stage in the game, it may be too late for him to do that, as it would, in a round-about way, be like rotoscoping them on, even though it would be a composite. We'll see come December.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 8:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, the sleek post-modern
Syd Mead-ish style body suits do look pretty dang cool though.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TechFalcon
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 8:04 PM
Personally I liked the minimal glowlines on the costumes from the start, and upon learning that they were actually wired into the costumes and really lit up, that just sold it for me.

Everything else you say here I totally agree with, though. I'm excited for the film itself in terms of story, and aesthetically it is very Neuromancer-esque, something I fully approve of. And I haven't even seen the trailer yet, lol.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

RenegadeProgram
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 8:17 PM
TechFalcon Wrote:. . .And I haven't even seen the trailer yet, lol.

You and me both, TechFalcon. There's some guy over at youtube that managed to get the audio track from it (the new trailer), but it's distorted as hell. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

TechFalcon
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 8:32 PM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:
TechFalcon Wrote:. . .And I haven't even seen the trailer yet, lol.

You and me both, TechFalcon. There's some guy over at youtube that managed to get the audio track from it (the new trailer), but it's distorted as hell.

Haha, yeah, I gave it a listen but quit after it got about half way through, way too garbled. Probably some kid with a keychain audio recorder getting raped by the subwoofers in the theater. Nonetheless, it got me even more excited for the trailer, can't wait to hear new Daft Punk stuff too.

Jademz
User

on Monday, March, 01, 2010 10:40 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: Now I LOVE the original film and thoroughly enjoyed the PC game Tron 2.0 and even the Gameboy Advance game "Tron: Killer App". So it was a real treat to finally see the new teaser trailer in IMAX 3-D and even briefly talk with Director Joseph Kosinski.

So, I've been going over all that I saw in the new trailer and going over Joseph Konsinki's answers to my questions and other answers to other questions.

I thought I'd give some of my impressions and interprutations on what I've seen so far of Tron Legacy.

My early impressions so far is that this film is in terms of art design kind of a mix of Fritz Lang's "Metropolis" and the futurist visions and designs of Syd Mead. (all good IMO.)

This film is a bit like a cleaner, sleeker "Blade Runner" in terms of it's visual aesthetic and it's enviroments, all good IMO, different stylistically that the original film, but that's ok, it still looks brilliant (I do miss the classic circuit prints though).
The suits in the movie have real fiber-optical light tech, that neccessatated the new streamlined designs, and the suit needed to endure live stunts and real feats of atheleticsim, those where contributing factors to the more minimalist design of the characters' suits.

( Re-creating the rotoscoping processes was particularly impractical and not the direction Joe wanted to go this time around from what he told me.)

( When I spoke briefly with Joseph Konsinski at The Bridge theater; I did drop the suggestion to Joe that I thought perhaps, that some of the classic circuitry print designs could maybe be digitally composited on to the suits to enhance the visual effects on the suits themselfs.

I hope he takes that hint/suggestion into consideration. But on screen, in the context of the movie, from what I saw in the trailer, they still look pretty damn cool though.)

The themes of the movie seem to almost be like a kind of dark and twisted "Land of Oz" in-a-sense, but in digital cyberspace that's gone sort of all wonky.

Isolation on Flynn's hidden away, specially designed, more advanced Encom Server/Computer System and other unknown factors has lead to the development of a dangerous cyberspace world.

Do these digital citizens even know of "The Users" anymore? I'm not sure if they do.

In one brief segment, in voice over Sam says "dad.... long time", then his father Kevin Flynn says "you have no idea" with a quick up close shot of Flynn's aged eyes that to me evoke Methusula.

Is this bit of dialogue possibly hinting that to Flynn that in "virtual time" he experienced way more than 20
real-world years inside the cyber space world? Could have 100, 1000, or 2000 yrs in "virtual time" have passed for Flynn? Can't wait to see what that's about in the full movie.

The quick shot of whom I think was Clu 2.0, in a helmet and weilding two Identity Disc-rings was pretty slick, is he a villain, that wasn't apparent in the new trailer, but he did look bad-ass.

There's seems to be some interesting bits and bytes in the film to "chew on" it seesm. I am excited to see the movie. While the movie is a bit more Neuromancer/Metropolis like it's still looking very intriguing in my view.

This isn't "Tron 2.0", but it's more like "Tron 9.0 Quantum Cyber-Dimensionality Edition" and that's still pretty dang kick a**, in my view anyways.

Very nice, interesting perceptions ShadowDragon1, that's a cool sounding visual image, also that "programs" have decisively been physiologically evolving conscience. Subtle mechanisms in the original provided their own mystery of life, it will be interesting to see how each character plays out in this new movie.

reptilerobots
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 12:05 AM
>

I am glad that it's just not like a TRON 2.0 as you stated. For the movie to really compete in terms of how groundbreaking and different the original was, it surely has to be more than just a sequel like the comics and video game were.

I wonder if in Legacy, there is some sort of schism between Tron and Flynn - but somehow at the end Tron shows up and defeats Clu2?

"Now THAT is a big door."

www.vberkvlt.com

CaptainCR
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 7:44 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Yeah, I've read those descriptions.

But I'm only going by his brief appearance in the trailer, he did look bad a**;
but how, why or if he becomes the villain is yet to be revealed...

I have a hunch that that'll be explained through the video gameorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Sub-Odeon
User

on Sunday, March, 21, 2010 4:37 PM
Great write-up, Dragon.

Overall, I feel that the new, darker, wetter, noir-ish look of the movie is a big plus. In 1982 when most households didn't even have personal computers, and the Atari 2600 was all most Americans knew about computing in the home, the "look" of the original TRON was groundbreaking. Angles, lines, circuits, glowing neon, it was a great fusion of late 70's pop and the oncoming 80's tech revolution.

But that look would not have worked in 2010. Computers aren't new anymore. Circuits and circuit boards... Not new. It would not have been enough to make the TRON world look "computerized" as it did in 1982. Today's audience would have demanded something beyond that, and I think Kosinski is complying. Noir + baroque + fetish + Apple Store = fascinating and eye-popping style! If the movie goes big at the box office -- please, Lord, let it go big at the box office -- then this kind of style is going to stand way out and be a big part of the on-running cultural "TRON meme" that will develop.

Last time, TRON thudded at the box office and cultural penetration was marginal, overshadowed by movies like Star Wars.

Now, though, unless some HUGE other science fiction movie pops out in December, TRON Legacy is going to be THE EYE CANDY MOVIE for Christmas. Just like AVATAR was THE EYE CANDY MOVIE for this last year's Holiday season.

Think about it.... TRON Legacy dominating at the box office?? It could happen! And the "look" is going to be a huge part of that!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY