TRON: LEGACY 
 Hopes for new film?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Histrion
User

Hopes for new film?

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 1:30 PM
What are your biggest hopes for the new film? (Besides the presence of Lora/Yori or Bit, which is important to a lot of folks here.)

My second biggest hope is that one or both of the original film's metaphors will be maintained (the religious metaphor of the User, and the corporate machine v. the individual hacker).

My biggest hope is that nobody in the film will utter Dumont's famous words, "Look video warriors!" Egad.

Is there a law against texting while light-cycling?

TRON.dll
User

Re: Hopes for new film?

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 1:39 PM
Histrion Wrote:My biggest hope is that nobody in the film will utter Dumont's famous words, "Look video warriors!" Egad.

I actually kind of hope someone in the movie says that near the end. It would be an awesome throwback/reference to the original film.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Histrion
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 1:57 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:I actually kind of hope someone in the movie says that near the end. It would be an awesome throwback/reference to the original film.

HACKKK! Ptui! No. ;-)where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ArcadeWarrior
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 6:46 PM
My hope is that it will tell a compelling story that doesn't need to rely on a bunch of cliches and flashy CG as the primary points behind the story (like Avatar). I'd also like to see it vindicate the original in some manner from how it was snubbed (for example, how it was snubbed in the special effects dept. at the Academy awards).

Also as an arcade guy I hope that it will help renew some nostalgia for arcades. I know that the metaphor is there of arcades dying by how they use Flynn's but there are still many of us out there, just not in the numbers we used to see. That's why I'd love for Disney to release the Space Paranoids game as a real arcade machine.

------------->
Games? You want games, I'll give you games...

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 7:04 PM
I love that quote from the original movie. Kind've makes me tear up if I let it "Video warriors! LOOK! The I/O Towers!! Every one of them is lighting up..."

Especially since he passed away just a few years ago, I would like to see a similar quote. Maybe not exactly the same... but something similar enough that we are reminded.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 7:06 PM
Anything but the Logic Probes.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 7:17 PM
The symbolism and metaphors are quite different is the impression I got from the teaser trailer...

So if one is not open to those, then one may set oneself up for disappointment when things in the new movie are not set up to match one's own personal preferences and expectations.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Histrion
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 9:08 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:So if one is not open to those, then one may set oneself up for disappointment when things in the new movie are not set up to match one's own personal preferences and expectations.

Well, that's hope for you.

mastercilinder
User

on Tuesday, March, 02, 2010 10:52 PM
I just hope that . . .

A. You will like the new characters and their quest, and you will want them to succeed

B. the 80's flashback will be awesome and as true as possible to the original

C. bit will show up (somehow)

D. Flynn will still be the wisecracker we all know and love, but his life in the computer world will have made him a bit wiser and maybe some more flashbacks about adapting to living in a computer

E. All those cool looking background programs will still be there

F. There are tanks

G. Real world sequences will be played down or have some very important relevance to the plot

F. some humor (like the original)

G. Pac-man cameo again (I don't care HOW corny)

Let's hope for the best

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 12:35 AM
Makes a imitation look like Sark and screams almost at the top of my lungs. Trying to make Kia laugh some more and make a funny look as well. BRING IN THE LOGIC PROBE!!!! Back to normal.

For myself. have some of the original stuff in from the original film like what we all knew from the original tron movie and from the game itself. Not a whole bunch but just enough that we know and some new as well that is pushing the idea of what the tron world has changed since then. Since things do change over time and others don't Depending on what it is even in the digital world. Mirroring what we have in our world as things change over time. And even though CGI has changed since the original tron film.

I guess I am looking for a mixture of a little bit of everything and not expecting a drastic where I will not like it. And not going under where it's not going to be a total disappointment. Seems like I am on the fence on this one here.

KiaPurity Wrote:Anything but the Logic Probes.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

CaptainCR
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 9:40 AM
NOOOO NOT THE LOGIC PROBE!!!!!
AAAAHH!!!!

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Overmind
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 12:44 PM
Whats wrong with the logicprobe..?
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

Histrion
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 12:46 PM
They're just confused. The line is supposed to be, "No... No, not the MIND PROBE..."

http://bit.ly/72Ca5d
Delivered with that inflection, too. :-P

G-tron
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 1:04 PM
New User - first time post.

Always loved the original movie (in the 30-something demographic who have affection for the original and will relive their youth with the new one) and been very excited since first grainy video of the test footage.

I'm hoping that the movie remains faithful to the original but still be able to go its own way - e.g. the new Trek movie. Regardless of our love for the movie it's always been in the "cult" spectrum so needs some pep to reach the wider audience.

I'm hoping it doesn't end up like Transformers 2, the last film I got this excited about.

And I'm hoping for a small assortment of cool toys that are cheap enough to go under the wife's radar...

G-tronabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

cpep
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 1:47 PM
I'm hoping that Tron Legacy will have the same affect on today's kids that the original did with my generation. I was 11 when Tron came out and I can honestly say it was that movie that gave me a considerable push towards computers & graphic design as my career.

dgtlHECTOR
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 2:02 PM
I hope if they do a Trilogy they do it right. I hope it doesn't turn to Disney's Tron: Programs on Ice, or Tron's Digital Musical starring Zac Efron!

Histrion
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 3:22 PM
dgtlHECTOR Wrote:[...]Tron's Digital Musical starring Zac Efron!

I smell a fan-fic in the making.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Logansneo
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 4:54 PM
There has already been word that if Legacy does well Disney is prepared to release a TRON TV series as well as green-lite a sequel. Also as noted in the recent Q & A with Steven Lisberger at the IMAX trailer premier in LA they stated that Yori might be referenced but Cindy Morgan would not be in the film.

For me the summer TRON came out was phenomenal. I was 7 and had just seen Wrath of Khan with my parents a few weeks before. It was my birthday and TRON had me mesmerized simply from the posters and when the credits rolled I was stunned. Since then it has remained my all time favorite film.

If I was to consider what I wanted from Legacy, I would hope that, as mentioned above, it would be most of all fun. I want that dark, alien-cyberworld look of the original and recent trailer but I want the characters to be interesting, well written and as likable as the original cast. I want to care for them like I cared for Tron, Ram, and Flynn. And I do hope that "the DUDE" isn't written too dower and serious and has lines that truly fit Flynn.

Daddyo
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 5:15 PM
Ya, the kids portrayed alot in movies these days are so negative, the opposite of what was done in the 'far' past, those stereotypes are so irritating and pointless to me and give very little for younger generations to look up to.

NickScalan
User

on Wednesday, March, 03, 2010 5:22 PM
If we want to be able to take our kids to it, I hope it has nothing higher than a PG raiting and little, if any, profanity or sexual inuendo(no Transformers2-like Quorra scantily clad and stretched out across light-cycle)

I showed my 6yo boy Tron and he loved it. I had to explain the whole gist of the film though. He'll be 7 when TL premiers. He does get kind of scared at heavy action scenes. He was hugging against me during the climax of "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs"

Nick

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Nick,

"Bring me two Piña Coladas...one for each hand" - Garth Brooks

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Hopes for new film?