General Discussion 
 HD NET broadast sucked because of HD NET

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
sevenout
User

on Friday, March, 05, 2010 11:11 PM
There's been a lot of talk of how bad Tron looked in HD, specifically that the movie looked "grainy." Although the movie does have grain, what everyone is seeing is the crappy 720p stream from HD NET.

If you freeze frame on some scenes the detail IS there, much more than the dvd, which looks soft in comparison. Unfortunately, due to the REALLY low bit rate, there is a LOT of macro-blocking and pixelization in any scenes with fast movement.

As an example, the creation of Tron is still pixelated, despite being in HD, because of the low bit rate. The MCP is still a blur because of the low bit rate.

I don't know why Disney would allow such a low quality broadcast of a movie they are putting a LOT of money in. Especially since the Blu-Ray has not been released yet.

Disney really needs to release some stills from the Blu-Ray release to counter all the bad press this "hd" broadcast has received. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ArcadeWarrior
User

Re: HD NET broadast sucked because of HD NET

on Saturday, March, 06, 2010 12:28 PM
I pretty much expect the HD version to have a bit of grain in it - a lot of stuff from this era of movies and earlier is grainy and I personally prefer that to DNR.

I kind of expect Tron to look a little like The Last Starfighter when it hits the disc with a good bitrate, but with more grain

------------->
Games? You want games, I'll give you games...

Glitch
User

on Sunday, March, 07, 2010 1:25 PM
Some stills from the HD broadcast, click the pics for the full 1920x1080 res PNG files:

isMetaClass
User

on Sunday, March, 07, 2010 2:52 PM
i enjoyed it!

but any time i'm watching i enjoy it abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

ArcadeWarrior
User

on Sunday, March, 07, 2010 3:58 PM
Glitch Wrote:Some stills from the HD broadcast, click the pics for the full 1920x1080 res PNG files:

Hmm, a few of those pics look like the broadcast was in 720i or 1080i as you can see some interlacing going on there. Still, you can tell it looks pretty good, despite the sub-par broadcast quality.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

------------->
Games? You want games, I'll give you games...

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, March, 10, 2010 6:06 PM
I got news for ya. I have detailed photos of the original cels they used to make TRON, and the grain is in the images themselves. It will never go away unless someone does a massive digital cleanup.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

dgtlHECTOR
User

on Wednesday, March, 10, 2010 6:36 PM
Man, I just wished I had HDNET. I would have enjoyed every second of it.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Glitch
User

on Wednesday, March, 10, 2010 7:27 PM
ArcadeWarrior Wrote:Hmm, a few of those pics look like the broadcast was in 720i or 1080i as you can see some interlacing going on there. Still, you can tell it looks pretty good, despite the sub-par broadcast quality.

What does this still tell you:

I think I'm going to have to take it over to my brother's to watch as I don't have a full HD res screen, after I've removed the 3:2 pulldown from it. A shame he hasn't got 5.1 yet...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

isMetaClass
User

on Wednesday, March, 10, 2010 7:41 PM
Glitch Wrote:
What does this still tell you:

sit down and shut up.

the movie's starting! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion