TRON: LEGACY 
 T:L Plot Predictions

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 Pages
ShadowDragon1
User

Re: T:L Plot Predictions

on Saturday, March, 20, 2010 8:14 PM
The Encom computer in Tron Legacy IS a more advanced model than the old "Encom 511" as Joseph Kosinski has said numerous times.

In 1989, high-end computers *did* have way faster processing power than industrial computers in 1981~1982.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Compucore
User

on Saturday, March, 20, 2010 8:42 PM
How can you compare the speed of something that in 1982 on a mainframe at that time compared to a mainframe that is running 1000 times faster in today's term There is no comparison to it. It would be like comparing a z80 cpu way back on a old computer running .1-4 mhz compared to today's cpu's that are already multiprocessor on a single die and doing symmetric multiprocessing in environments of todays operating systems. With today's processor running in the ghz range. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Even back then true the environment on the OS being used even in the film may have been was capable of running on multiple cpu's. But the technology at that time was good then and today's technology got even better than what it was back then.

I'm looking at this from a technical point of view being a long time technician on home pc. And my understanding as a programmer as well. Knowing which is best and how to hard code it to either a hardware point or hard coding to a point to where it would work best at.

Take a look at in general from CPU world at the different cpu's that came out over the years. http://www.cpu-world.com times do chage and processor are always going to be hard to compare over time.

TRON.dll Wrote:
VRAM Wrote:
HooDooMan Wrote:[BR]... Kosinski stated that time scales about 50 times faster in the computer than in the real world, so 20 years translates to about 1000 years! ...

This is correct ONLY if you take into account nowadays computer processing power. It's obvious Kosinski's using this as a plot device for the story he wants to tell... In the original TRON, time inside the digital world did NOT scale like 50 times faster... It all happened almost in real time...

People tend to think that Kevin Flynn was gone for a second there between the MCP digitizing him and until he got undigitized (although hours had seemed to pass in the electronic world)... They're WRONG. He was in there at least 6 hours!!! Lemme tell you that CPU cycles in an early 80's computer were... well, quite 'slow' by today's standards, of course...

If someone here disagrees with me, all you have to do is see TRON once again and pay attention to the elapsed time between Flynn, Alan and Lora at FLYNN'S, then arriving to the lab at night (before that, Alan goes to the test lab to meet Lora and before that, in Alan's computer we see it's 18:32:21 P.M. already) and the time in Kevin Flynn's printout (which says 6:00 hours the next morning, of course... the time Mr. Dillinger's arrives at his office before dawn).

"But there's not another junction for another 70 microseconds!"

Or something like that.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

VRAM
User

on Saturday, March, 20, 2010 11:56 PM

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

Jademz
User

on Sunday, March, 21, 2010 12:40 AM
Just to bring this up to "speed", the latest and greatest tech is 100GHz, so you do the math. I concur, only if the TL team simply ignores futuretech. I sincerely hope the acknowledgement of things to be are used in the creative process within the team.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/07/ibm-demonstrates-100ghz-graphene-transistor/
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, March, 21, 2010 1:46 AM
The Encom computer in Flynn's hidden room is custom built ENCOM tech from 1989
but it's still relatively more "advanced" then the Encom 511 from 1981-1982....

In the trailer you casn see TWO large computer towers with the touch-screen mini desk-screen in-between them.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Jademz
User

on Sunday, March, 21, 2010 1:54 AM
just sayin, it's all out there.. we have to look into the manifest of 1989 as hollywood wishes to portray it. I'm not worried about it.. I'll be happy to see what happens in any case.

Sub-Odeon
User

on Sunday, March, 21, 2010 12:18 PM
My impression from both the original and the new film is that time in the computer world moves much faster than time in the real world. If we judge strictly by the original, I'd say it took about as long in the real world, for Flynn to de-rez and rez, as it took for the orange -- seen earlier -- to de-rez and rez. Which was just a few seconds to a few minutes at best.

Given improved processor speed, time in the computer world of 2010 probably moves much more quickly. Also, there is the fact that Flynn -- trapped in the computer world since 1989 -- comments to Sam, who said, "Long time," the word, "...You have no idea."

That right there tells me that from Flynn's perspective it's been a very long time indeed. Astoundingly long, perhaps.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, March, 25, 2010 10:17 AM
Sub-Odeon Wrote:My impression from both the original and the new film is that time in the computer world moves much faster than time in the real world. If we judge strictly by the original, I'd say it took about as long in the real world, for Flynn to de-rez and rez, as it took for the orange -- seen earlier -- to de-rez and rez. Which was just a few seconds to a few minutes at best.

Given improved processor speed, time in the computer world of 2010 probably moves much more quickly. Also, there is the fact that Flynn -- trapped in the computer world since 1989 -- comments to Sam, who said, "Long time," the word, "...You have no idea."

That right there tells me that from Flynn's perspective it's been a very long time indeed. Astoundingly long, perhaps.

GREETINGS FELLOW PROGRAMS:

I have a confession to make: I've been watching the trailer at least up to 3 times a day now (LOL!!!!) and I'm starting to be a little more optimistic about TL - though I still have some skepticisms.

I also think some cool things that may happen or be revealed in the film, are the following:
*Tron Legacy's plot will incorporate some elements of Greek Tragedy(i.e., Sirens, Castor, arena, Zeus-like abilities in Flynn, etc.);
*An INTENSE fight involving Flynn, Clu2.0, Quorra, Sam, and TRON: Clu2.0 may damage Flynn pretty bad, and then Sam, Quorra, and TRON come in, and LAY THE SMACK DOWN on Clu, derezzing him;
*Maybe Flynn has rigged up the internet through himself somehow and maybe that will explain how this isolated ENCOM server evolved "on it's own" for the past 20+ years and maybe how he was able to contact Alan Bradley OR maybe Flynn's frequent tinkerings between the two worlds - the real and virtual have left a HOLE between them both where things can seep in or out between both realms - remotely akin to how there was a hole between the real world and the spirit world in another 1982 classic POLTERGEIST ;
*Something I noticed - in the test trailer and the recent one, I noticed actual food in Flynn's hideout (a pig with an apple in it's mouth, wine or some type of beverage in glasses, and the like): maybe Flynn was going in and out of the computer during that 20 years "shopping", LOL!!!!!(which would account for the reported sightings), or maybe FLYNN (since he's still a USER) has the absolute power to PROGRAM ANYTHING either manually or with the power of his mind at this point. Hmmm. . . . .
*The Time Factor - I agree: the 1982 Encom 511 would be MUCH SLOWER than the NEWER Encom computer: just recently I read that Apple is coming out with - GET THIS: a DODECAcore processor. Can you imagine how fast that is???WOW!!!!!! I bet the newer ENCOM system probably has something like several dodecacore processors to handle all its worldwide business.
*Also, maybe this is just me, but to me the old COLECO (as in ColecoVision, which came out in 1982 as well, and was my favorite system at the time) logo and the ENCOM logo look somewhat similar.

Looking forward to finding out more. Thanks all of you!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 T:L Plot Predictions