TRON: LEGACY 
 New Flynn Lives Badge

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
wwwmwww
User

New Flynn Lives Badge

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 12:16 AM
I, like many others I'm sure, don't live near the locations that have had some of the special Flynn Lives events. As a result I'm missing several badges. I have however seen codes being sold, traded, etc. that will allow one to get some of these badges after the fact. So I thought I'd try to be a bit more creative then that and offer the first fan made badge.

To earn it you most help someone else obtain one of these rarer badges. Hopefully me first. Once the other person has posted in this thread that you helped them get one of these bades you are free to claim this badge as yours. And the staff over at 42entertainment that may be able to help or make new codes are certainly welcome to play as well.

Here is a pic to go along with the new badge:

And a link to the high res version...
http://wwwmwww.com/FlynnLives/Tank_HighRes.png
To those that help me, I'm even willing to offer a free print of this tank image or any of my other TRON images.

Enjoy,
Carlwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

Re: New Flynn Lives Badge

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 12:24 AM

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 12:42 AM
Traahn Wrote:I don't understand the concept of trading or selling a badge. Doesn't seem possible...

For two of the three events the badges were awarded for entereing a code from a piece of paper. Its these pieces of paper that I've seen sold. I think the codes that came with the wallets were good for 3 uses. I'm not sure about the codes given out at San Fransisco. And I'm not sure how the badges for the special sneak peek event were obtained exactly. Did that require the entry of a code? Anyways... if there is a way to get any of these badges now I'm interested.

Traahn Wrote:Good job on the tank! Looks nice. I assume you made that using Blender or whatever program that was you used to use? Hi-res goodness, for sure

It was made in POV-Ray out of primitives... just like the original. By that I mean its not a mesh.

Carl

Traahn
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 1:34 AM

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 9:35 AM
From the unfiction forums...
KevinG472:How do you go about helping another person to get the badge anyway?

If you give someone a still valid code that can be used here:
http://www.flynnlives.com/zerohoursubmit.aspxto get the Gridlock Rendezvous badge that qualifies.

If you give someone a still valid code that can be used here:
http://www.flynnlives.com/users/redeemcode.aspxto get the Operation Tron badge that qualifies.

I'm still not exactly sure how you get the Screen Scene badge? Did that require a code entry anyplace? If so where and how did you get the code?

Thanks,
Carlabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 9:41 AM
I really think those IRL locations only (and seems to be California only???) badges are unfair to those who can't even get there.

I was really mad about the first ARG event because I didn't even live anywhere close to even attend one at all.

Though, that tank badge is nice, wwwmwww

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Uridium
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 10:05 AM
I'm still not exactly sure how you get the Screen Scene badge? Did that require a code entry anyplace? If so where and how did you get the code?

you had to register for a ticket on the website, then you got a reply back to say if you had got a ticket. At that point I guess you also got the badge.
So there is no way to get that one now the screening is done.

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 10:34 AM
Uridium Wrote:you had to register for a ticket on the website, then you got a reply back to say if you had got a ticket. At that point I guess you also got the badge.
So there is no way to get that one now the screening is done.
Thanks for the info. I assume someone at 42entertainment could made some codes that would allow you to get that badge through the redeemcode link or something similiar if they wanted. I don't really expect that to happen but its a thought.

I do agree with Kia... its does seem unfair. Not everyone can physically attended these events for a number of reasons. So they should record them and let us virtually attend them by watching the video afterwards. Note they more or less do that now... they should just stick a code that we can use to get the badge at the end of the video.

Or if they like my helping idea... they should give everyone that already has the badge 3 codes that they can give away to others to allow them to get the badge as well. They in turn could get 3 codes to give away and soon everyone that wanted the badge could have it. And those that had someone use one of their give away codes could earn my Tank Pilot badge.

I really do wonder if anyone at 42entertainment is reading this...

Carl

Meatsack
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 9:17 PM
So aside from bragging rights like "see how much I've participated", do the achievement badges actually DO anything? Like maybe some elite swag at the end? I'm guessing no.

So I'm missing the live event badges and associated swag from attending same events. That's how it goes. I get the swag in the mail from participating in the parts of the ARG that I'm able to play. I'm not going to obsess over missing the badges there's no way I could ever get. I WILL kick myself over missing badges that I COULD get should that ever happen. I don't think that there will be any lasting consequence over NOT getting all the badges, though.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I am the TRON-Badger!

Traahn
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2010 9:55 PM

Meatsack
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2010 9:48 AM
I would have liked to see a "Perfect Score" badge for completing all 15 levels of SPO without continuing.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

I am the TRON-Badger!

Meatsack
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2010 2:48 PM
A live stream of the event access via a Flynn Lives ID would have been an excellent way of awarding those badges to those who participated online. I would have gotten one too! Maybe they'll think of a way of tracking remote participation next time.

I am the TRON-Badger!

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2010 7:28 PM
Please don't take my creation of this fan made badge as a complaint against 42E. Its not meant that way at all. I haven't been this excited about TRON in a long time and I think they are doing a great job. I just had a few days off and was getting caught up with the ARG and wanted to try and see if I could make something to add.

As far as exclusive badges I'm ok with it even if I called it "unfair". Life is too. But if I can get one of these badges after the fact I'm ok with that too. This is a game after all and the main objective is to promote the coming movie. 42E has seemed to encourage the sharing of codes and I think the ones for the Gridlock Rendezvous badge could even be used multiple times. I'd like to get these badges if I could and who knows... there may be some nice swag given to those with all of them at the end. I honestly don't know. This is my first ARG. And in the spirt of cooperation this felt like a nice way to try and get those badges. Its not that big a deal to me... as I've said elsewere... I would have rather been able to attend the events then to have the badges but this effort has been fun even if it doesn't get me any of the badges.

Carlorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2010 7:52 PM
RustyMuffler Wrote:The Operation Tron codes, from what I hear, were MORE than plentiful at the event with many people picking up random fallen slips of paper the stickers were held on up off of the floor of the place they were handed out at. Hell, I ended up with THREE of them myself when all was said and done after buying two packages of stuff off of eBay!

I too bought a Space Paranoids pin off eBay from the event as soon as I could. Looks like I should have waited as I just got my free one in the mail today. The one I got off eBay didn't come with the code. Any chance any of the 3 you have are still good? If so and you help this Flynn Lives operative get a badge I'll thank you here so you can claim the Tank Pilot badge. And I'll see what I can offer in the way of swag myself.

RustyMuffler Wrote:And ANYone could have gotten the Screen Scene badge. All you had to do for that was be quick enough to register for a ticket to one of the screenings.

True. I just didn't know about it in time. I was laid off last October and just started a new job Feburary 8th. For a while there I was putting in 16 hour days basically 7 days a week so I simply didn't have time to keep up. I've now got that down to 12 hour days, 6 days a week so I still struggle to keep up with the ARG at times.

RustyMuffler Wrote:While making up fan badges might be fun, I don't know how well other people playing the ARG will take it. Would this just be something for us here on the Sector boards? Because I can just about see how the folks on sites like Unfiction would react to something like this. LMAO!

I posted about this here and at Unfiction in fact. You can see my post and the reaction here:
http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=703015&sid=766bd2abb3e4e15c2999eeba72409c34#703015
My thought was this badge can be for anyone... just help someone get a badge and have that person post here in this thread thanking you and the badge is yours. I wanted to have this thread serve as the official record of who had earned the badge and I though it might help to introduce fans to the forums here as well.

RustyMuffler Wrote:
Nice badge, though. I about pooped when I saw your thread post and thought there was something new in the ARG or something that I had missed. LOL!
Thanks... I was hoping it would get some attention.

RustyMuffler Wrote:As a Tron fan who is happy that we are even getting a new film that Disney is willing to promote, everything else that we have gotten or will continue to get via Disney's mainstream promotion of the film or the 42E ARG is simply very delicious icing on a much appreciated and hopefully scrumptious cake. =)
I couldn't agree more.

Carl
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2010 7:59 PM
Meatsack Wrote:I don't think that there will be any lasting consequence over NOT getting all the badges, though.
I tend to agree... but as this is my first ARG I really don't know what to expect. Its just as a TRON fan I feel the need to try and get these badges if I still can. Sure I might still be able to buy a code on eBay for 1 or 2 or them but that doesn't foster sharing or promote the movie. So I wanted to give this a try.

Carl
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2010 8:11 PM
Traahn Wrote:Why would you want a badge for something you didn't partake in? Seems like you'd be misrepresenting your actual achievements. If I didn't participate in an event, I don't think I should be able to get a badge for it.

Why so serious? Its just a game to me and I want to win. What other reason is there to play a game? But I can certainly respect that point of view. Do you have the 3 badges for unlocking codes in the Space Paranoids game? Did you find all the bar-codes yourself and scan them to get the codes?

I think if you want exclusive badges then just the first person to enter anyone of those codes from Space Paranoids should get the badge.

I just think exclusive runs counter to 42E's objective. The more sharing and talking about the ARG that is done the more suscessfull they are in promoting the movie. If they have an event were 10 people show up I think they'd want to give each of them 10 codes and encourage them to share with friends and fellow fans.

Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2010 8:15 PM
Meatsack Wrote:I would have liked to see a "Perfect Score" badge for completing all 15 levels of SPO without continuing.

Do we know there isn't one? Has anyone completed the game with no continues? How about without a single life lost? Maybe the first person to do it DID get a badge and just didn't go public and it was a badge for being first.

Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2010 8:24 PM
RustyMuffler Wrote:Which is why I said that others having the Gridlock badge frustrated me. THOSE badges should have ONLY gone to those people who got the drop packages.

Again I think you are just taking the game too seriously if you let something like that frustrate you. Ask yourself what the objective of the game is. How does it benefit 42E or Disney to limit those badges to just a very small handful of people. As I understand it each wallet contained 3 codes (maybe more) and each of those codes could be used upwards of 3 times each. I'm sure they wanted to promote sharing and to allow as many as possible to play. That doesn't frustrate me... to me that's them doing their job and doing it rather well that people like myself now want those badges.

Carl
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Meatsack
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2010 9:56 PM
wwwmwww Wrote:
Meatsack Wrote:I would have liked to see a "Perfect Score" badge for completing all 15 levels of SPO without continuing.

Do we know there isn't one? Has anyone completed the game with no continues? How about without a single life lost? Maybe the first person to do it DID get a badge and just didn't go public and it was a badge for being first.

Carl

Yeah. I do know. I've done it. I posted in the main ARG thread. To save search time, I'll copy my post here:

Meatsack Wrote:Ok... the top score possible on S.P.O. is 87200. I just beat all 15 levels straight though on "one quarter" meaning no continues. I was hoping for an achievement, but no such luck. Maybe I need a perfect game with no lives lost or a super perfect game with no lives lost and 100% accuracy. Not likely, but a worthy goal.

I haven't run a perfect game yet, but I'm getting close.

EDIT: I currently can get to level 10 consistently on one life. Lvl 10 is TOUGH.

I am the TRON-Badger!

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, May, 11, 2010 12:20 PM
RustyMuffler Wrote:In fairness to taking it too seriously, I'm not the one who went through the trouble of making up my own fan made badge in the hopes that someone would give me a code for something that I didn't or couldn't do myself. Just saying. :P
True enough. I'm enjoying the game and this was just a fun way to encourage sharing of the codes and share some of my Tron renders again. Overall it hasn't appeared to have much of an effect. I still don't have any codes and no one else has posted thanking anyone for helping them get a code. Still it was a fun experiment and it appears most enjoyed the pictures.

Carl

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 New Flynn Lives Badge