TRON 2.0 loading but blank screen - Win7 32bit

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
supZ
User

on Saturday, July, 31, 2010 7:43 PM
Hi all,

long time fan here trying to reinstall the game on my win7 machine and am having no luck at all..

i've tried:

# official update
# unoffical update
# no update
# no-cd crack
# no no-cd crack
# updated gfx drivers
# cant update directx as its already got 11 loaded
# running in compatability/winxp mode

my problem is, the game loads but all i see is a black/blank screen. i hear the intro music playing and even managed to (by random clicking) get into the game and hear 'byte' but the screen is still blank.

so i thought id search the web and found this place so thought id sign up and ask for some help, so.. please.. help!

thx for any suggestions

supZ
User

Re: TRON 2.0 loading but blank screen - Win7 32bit

on Saturday, July, 31, 2010 7:46 PM

ok false alarm!

i just realised that although id tried running tron.exe in comp. mode i hadnt tried lithtech.exe. tried that and its just kicked in, graphics and all!!

thanks me!

thought id post it up in case anyone else has a similar issue.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: TRON 2.0 loading but blank screen - Win7 32bit

on Saturday, July, 31, 2010 7:58 PM

Just for the record, here's the best way to get Tron 2.0 running on Windows 7.

1) Install the game.
2) Install the Unofficial Patch. With the Unofficial Patch, you don't need any No-CD crack.
3) Edit the properties of the Tron 2.0 shortcut icon, and set the game to run with Administrator privileges.

That's it. No need for XP compatibility mode, no need to mess with DirectX.

I also made a video showing how to do these steps. (It mentions the Killer App mod, but it still applies even if you don't use the mod.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMEgAseBzfg

I'm not sure what caused a black screen for you, and it shouldn't be necessary to run Lithtech.exe in XP compatibility mode or run it directly. But glad you got it working, regardless.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

DaviCoimbra
User

on Tuesday, March, 15, 2011 12:30 PM
My problem is the same (I can hear music but I'm getting a blank or black screen) Please help me!! I have Windows 7 64bits! i try everything above and nothing works!!

"Q: After installing the game, when I run it: it either crashes or I can hear music but I'm getting a blank or black screen. What can I do to fix this?

A: Locate your TRON 2.0 folder in the Windows Explorer and go inside it. If you installed the game to the default location, it will be at:

C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0
(Windows XP, Vista or 7 32-bit)

OR

C:\Program Files (x86)\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0
(Vista or 7 64-bit)

In your TRON 2.0 folder, highlight Lithtech.exe, and click the right mouse button. Click Properties, choose the Compatibility tab, and select Windows 98 or XP compatibility. A few people have reported that this helps.

Another thing to try, is hitting the Esc key a few times. Sometimes the game will get "stuck" when displaying the introductory videos and hitting Esc will skip them. This might take you to the main menu. If you click the Options button in the TRON 2.0 game launcher, there is a setting called Disable Movies that allows you to turn off the introductory videos.

Before installing the Killer App Mod, you should install the Unofficial v1.042 Patch rather than the Official one. The Official Patch still uses copy protection that does a disc check, which doesn't work so well for some people on newer versions of Windows like Vista and 7. Note that the Killer App Mod adds Français/Deutsch/Italiano/Español language support to the Unofficial Patch.

DO NOT patch the game or use any kind of No-CD crack AFTER the Killer App Mod is installed. This will prevent the game from running at all. A No-CD crack is not necessary, because the Unofficial Patch recommended during the mod installation eliminates the disc check.

If none of the above works, visit this message topic. Download the file mentioned and run the registry script. But only do this as a last resort if the other suggestion didn't help. It forces TRON 2.0 to reset all its settings, and you will lose your preferences that you set in the game."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0