TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Discs of Tron Evn. machine

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Fitzhume
User

on Tuesday, August, 17, 2010 10:04 AM
I've had this machine for some time now. Worked great for about 10+ years until I was able to get the machine to my house from the parents. When I turn it on it just hums. Nothing loads anymore. Would anyone know where I should start in a diagnostics of what could be wrong?

Darth Tronage
User

Re: Discs of Tron Evn. machine

on Wednesday, August, 18, 2010 11:33 PM
Have you tried posting in the Mameworld forums. Someone there might have an idea.

Where is the hum coming from? The power supply, tube, speakers?

Jet Lives!

Fitzhume
User

on Friday, August, 20, 2010 7:32 AM
It's coming from the speakers. I get no video either. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out that forum. Thanks.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Darth Tronage
User

on Sunday, August, 22, 2010 10:54 PM
If you don't have the manual you can get it here
http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/ARCADE/A-J/

I'd look for broken or worn wires. Take each of the boards off one at a time and inspect them. Look for burnt or swollen parts. As long as the roms are not faulty I think you would be able to repair it. Capacitors, diodes, etc. should be replicable if faulty. Now if sections of the board are burnt because of something shorting out, that can be difficult to fix.

Jet Lives!

Compucore
User

on Sunday, August, 22, 2010 11:23 PM
I agree with you do a full visual on the electrical and work on the components afterwards with an multimeter to see if there are any problems. Once you know where the problme lies that is causing the humming from the speakers. It could be as well that the IC are not lighting up to get to the POST like what some computers go through.

Darth Tronage Wrote:If you don't have the manual you can get it here
http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/ARCADE/A-J/

I'd look for broken or worn wires. Take each of the boards off one at a time and inspect them. Look for burnt or swollen parts. As long as the roms are not faulty I think you would be able to repair it. Capacitors, diodes, etc. should be replicable if faulty. Now if sections of the board are burnt because of something shorting out, that can be difficult to fix.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Fitzhume
User

RE: Discs of Tron Evn. machine

on Wednesday, October, 13, 2010 7:10 AM
You guys have been a great help so far. Thanks alot programs.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade