Fan Fiction & Art 
 Rough Concept Sketches of Mayorcan on "the Other Side of the Screen"

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Mayorcan
User

on Friday, October, 08, 2010 1:07 PM

Concept sketches for my digital avatar a la "TRON Legacy" style. I imagine that in the near future, everyone will have just one, online mega-identity that will allow them to access everything from social and work profiles to bank accounts and video games. My program looks like me (obviously), and spends a good mix of its time between work and play. Hence the removable jacket (for social and professional online networking, or simple relaxation when not accessed by yours truly) and helmet (for online gaming and protection during random search queries). The Identity Disk he carries contains all my personal and private data and information (encrypted, of course) and the baton on his hip can form various vehicles and tools he will need as he traverses and works in the digital domain. Both disk and baton have the ability to be used as an offensive or defensive weapon against basic hacker programs and viruses.

If the lack of circuitry is obvious, that is intentional. First of all, I was going with the whole "Tron Legacy" look for programs. Second, it seems to me that more complex or specialized programs written by individuals would look very complex and impressive. What I have envisioned is something that nearly everybody with computer access will have, but has many "open-source" capabilities to allow users to make their avatars custom at the code level. I'm no programmer myself, but I am fairly proficient enough with programming software like MATLAB that it is not a big stretch of the imagination to envision me writing code that make my mega-avatar more like an actual, fully-written and compiled program.

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

Mayorcan
User

RE: Rough Concept Sketches of Mayorcan on "the Other Side of the Screen"

on Friday, October, 08, 2010 5:35 PM
Oh, also, any input on design and look enhancements are welcome. These are concept sketches in preparation for a potentially larger and more refined piece that will serve as an artistic homage to one of my favorite films.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

neomanga
User

on Friday, October, 08, 2010 11:44 PM
As for the concept writing, that's pretty interesting. But would you want all your information on his disk? Even if encrypted, that seems a bit risky.

As for the circiutry, would you be able to customize it if you don't have programing skills? Like uploading code to the program avatar from other users. Some people aren't proficient evouph to even try to do any coding(me being one). So simple input of code would be good for the programing illiterate.

As for the design, it's not bad, but maybe a few more lines of circuity on the arms or torso when the jacket is off, can help make it more Tron like. From what I know and remember so far, even the basic programs in Legacy have at least some more ciruiry on the arms or torso. Just seems a bit too basic. But still a good look, none-the-less. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Mayorcan
User

on Saturday, October, 09, 2010 11:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback. In truth, the jacket and the limited view of the back hides some of the circuitry on the torso, namely two strips that flow vertically into little donut-shaped nodes on either side of the hips.

Since I made that back in September, I've been tweaking the look to incorporate more circuitry and finer details to the body. If you look closely at images of Sam, Quorra, and even Rinzler, you can see a lot of different materials criss-crossing and inter-layering to give a varied texture to each of the suits. This I have begun to incorporate as well, but it'll be a while before I upload that.

neomanga
User

on Sunday, October, 31, 2010 4:13 PM
Mayorcan Wrote:Thanks for the feedback. In truth, the jacket and the limited view of the back hides some of the circuitry on the torso, namely two strips that flow vertically into little donut-shaped nodes on either side of the hips.

Since I made that back in September, I've been tweaking the look to incorporate more circuitry and finer details to the body. If you look closely at images of Sam, Quorra, and even Rinzler, you can see a lot of different materials criss-crossing and inter-layering to give a varied texture to each of the suits. This I have begun to incorporate as well, but it'll be a while before I upload that.

Not a problem. The extra circuitry being hidden under the jacket didn't occur to me when I first saw it. But hearing of it, makes the design sound more solid. But as you said, it was made back in september, so a simple look is understandable. As for the details in Sam, quorra, and Rinzler, you do see a lot of different materials and textures given to each of the legacy characters on their suits, along with the circutry. So incorperating it into the new design is a good touch. So when you are done with the current design, I would like to see it. And sorry for the late reply, been buisy lately.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art