TRON: LEGACY 
 Isos and Basics

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DangerIMMN
User

Isos and Basics

on Tuesday, October, 26, 2010 12:49 PM
In one of the more recent cut scene videos from Tron Evolution, we hear a woman talking about relationships between Isos and Basics, and I'm pretty sure she's talking about the programs clad in black and the programs clad in white!

I have not been able to find much about this, but I apologize if this has already been brought up in another thread. I think its pretty awesome that its not just an aesthetic thing - that the color difference actually means something about the programs.

The only thing I've been able to find so far has been herehttp://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/aug/19/tron-evolution-hands-on-gamescom, where it says that the game focuses on Isos which are sentient programs that don't belong to a user.

Let us discuss!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Danger?

Hah.

> Danger is my middle name <

Mayorcan
User

RE: Isos and Basics

on Tuesday, October, 26, 2010 1:07 PM
It's really interesting because now we can see the relationships between different programs instead of their relationships with the Users. The Isos appearance in the TRON storyline is quite far-out, considering the Tron Betrayal comic apparently reveals...
SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
the Isos apparently out of nowhere, which is rather far-fetched for the inside of a computer, even a very advanced 80s one like the one Kevin Flynn is using. Suspension of belief, I suppose.

I kind of hope the divisions between Isos and Basics (the clip seems to insinuate there were problems between the two groups in the past) is not such a big deal in Tron Legacy. The vibe I get from the trailers is not that of "Let's learn to put aside our differences and live happily TOGETHER!", so I think Betrayal and Evolution are just setting up some key backstory for the world Sam enters in 2010.

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, October, 27, 2010 1:28 AM
here's my take:

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
The comic shows the first Iso, Ophelia emerge out of what seems like a pool of liquid energy, similar to the pool of energy in the original TRON. Now this energy is basically electrons and perhaps a sea of random code not belonging to anything other than the Grid itself, and the power/"pure source" comes from a power grid in the real world (which powers Flynn's Computer system and the laser).

Now the Iso's (Isomorphic Algorythms) are self-aware entities, made up of energy/digital code, right?

Now what if "The Grid" that's being plagued by bugs that have literally manifested as Grid Bugs are causing the OS of The Grid/The Grid itself to have an abundence of fragments of random code, and in it's attempt to defragment the systems hard drive/main memory it's compileing all those data fragments into a managable form; so this results in the manifestation of the Isomorphic Algorythms. The Iso's probably still have flaws/minor errors to their code, and since they *from The Grid itself*, so the Grid Bugs are attracted to them.

The Grid bugs were rapidly deconstucting massive ammounts of The Grid... all that fragmented data didn't just vanish. Since A.I. algorythms exist in the system these could be some of the ingredients for the Isos manifesting.
I also think it's a key importance that after Flynn wrote Clu 2.0 and literally finished compiling his code i.e manifested Clu from within The Grid, this could of affected the Grid further towards manifesting the Isos.
It' all inter-related I'm sure. Well, this is my hypothesis....

I like the idea that the Isos are "born of The Grid" and are intrinsically tied to it.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

CaptainCR
User

on Wednesday, October, 27, 2010 5:55 PM
i thought she said "ISOS and MASICS"?

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Isos and Basics